vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

I'm expecting a regular Battle of the Bulge so to speak. Johnson and Chubb against a very pregnable Steelers D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

I'm expecting a regular Battle of the Bulge so to speak. Johnson and Chubb against a very pregnable Steelers D

"NUTS!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

When it comes to divisional games, I always throw records out the window. Not to mention Hue has been a coach in this division for quite some time. He knows Pitts. With the talent they have on the roster (both sides of the ball), I really can't see this one getting out of hand. If it does, I would be surprised. Took the same approach in the KC/Denver game as well. Calling it now, Denver upset! I still think Steelers win here though. 

True, im also picking Denver to win that one. Its mainly the Bye week i have a problem with, Steelers got healthier and defense has stepped their game up. I hope im wrong, but i wouldnt panic or be negative if Chubb had a bad game. Its still the Browns with Hue at the helm. I dont trust Hue to make good decisions 

• Like 1

RED ALERT:

Hue is making inside moves to keep his job and throw someone under the bus. . again

I don't know if  haley firing helps Chubb or helps him. hue used Duke a lot last year but I also think he used crowell a lot 2 yrs ago. 

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

RED ALERT:

Hue is making inside moves to keep his job and throw someone under the bus. . again

I don't know if  haley firing helps Chubb or helps him. hue used Duke a lot last year but I also think he used crowell a lot 2 yrs ago. 

Can they get rid of both? Win-win situation

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jaysfansince2015 said:

Chubb looked great out there , his YPC were great and he's getting the clear workload. Great Schedule coming up as well 

In what world is 18 for 65 a great YPC? Connor in the same game went 24 for 150 for comparison. 

11 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

In what world is 18 for 65 a great YPC? Connor in the same game went 24 for 150 for comparison. 

YPC is a dumb stat in general.

16 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Lol only paying attention to the box score, also PIT is top 3 in rushing D

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

Also I don't think anyone is disputing that James Connor >>>> Nick Chubb this season as a fantasy football back.

I'd rank him a bit lower than Hyde was on the Browns. But he is still very valuable considering the RB landscape. A change in OC would be a real concern. I don't want to see Duke more involved. If Duke gets more involved it kills Chubb's value.

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

I agree. This was a tough rushing game on the road and I believe he did a little better than acceptable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yup, called it, the game script didnt help either. Chubb didn’t look bad, Mayfield had no blocking what so ever. That O line was getting wrecked all game.

Edited by CABLE87

The Browns o-line should be dropping fries in McDonalds

• Haha 1

Chubb has a few nice runs to start the game but he hardly looked great. His future is bright but I’d definitely temper my expectations this year, the offense is too much of a mess.

• Like 1

Everything is ok guys Hue denied there were any issues. . .we can trust what Hue says:lol:

41 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Yup, called it, the game script didnt help either. Chubb didn’t look bad, Mayfield had no blocking what so ever. That O line was getting wrecked all game.

indeed. i see why people thought Duke was the better PPR add

Chubb's floor is super low in his current situation

1 hour ago, borko said:

Also I don't think anyone is disputing that James Connor >>>> Nick Chubb this season as a fantasy football back.

Peyton Barber went 19 for 85 and he's probably on your ww

1 minute ago, phegotgame14 said:

Muscle Hamster had a better game and he's been non existent for years

8 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

And David Johnson went 16 for 59 and went in the first round.  Not really sure where you're going with that...

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

Get your Chubb ready vs KC Week 9

He'll probably be game scripted out due to negative game flow.  

Then that will be the last time you want to get your Chubb on as trustworthy.  

Unless your hurting for RB production that is.  

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

He'll probably be game scripted out due to negative game flow.  

Then that will be the last time you want to get your Chubb on as trustworthy.  

Unless your hurting for RB production that is.  

50 yards first half, 20 the second. No receptions, pray for GL interference.