vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Now I hate talking crap about PPR because that what most people play now and everyone gets offended. But its just how it is. This is when being in a PPR league really just changes your outlook on a player. Mostly ANY JAG that catches passes will out play chubb some weeks. Its just how it is. 1 pass caught is = to 10 yards on that ONE catch and then you get however many yards more they gain on that catch on top of that. Chubb is mainly a runner. He isn't going to catch that much and the browns aren't going to lead many games. But he's def a solid RB2 at the very least in standard leagues. And I don't even own him but wish I did. So if you play in PPR. Your judgement is clouded for most people. In standard scoring if a player scores 10 points in a game you really can't complain. He had a bad week and got 7.5 in my standard league. As of now thats his floor. 

Yeah that’s why I play in .5 PPR leagues makes it more even in a way.

• Like 1

Just now, BeGreat said:

Yeah that’s why I play in .5 PPR leagues makes it more even in a way.

Yeah I don't mind .5 PPR. It gives a bit of extra credit for those guys that catch a lot of passes in a game even though they may not be big play guys. But full point PPR changes the whole outlook of players in fantasy. Backups can have better games than starters any given week.

It was a bad matchup for him.

I was expection nothing more than 10 points if he does not get a touchdown.

I think he had one or two chances at the 1, but wasn't able to punch it in - unfortunetly.

18/65/0 + 2/10/0 (3 targets) thats 9,5 points in PPR.

It was a bad matchup, didn't disappoint me, didn't wow me. Usage was as expected.

Coming weeks are veeeeeeeeeeery juicy matchups:

blob.png.54c8f46f82b4e4ebab80bf5ef2c62936.png

• Like 1

This offense has deolved into suckiness, it was built to run the ball not to feature  Baker as a passing stud. 

I truly think Dorsey has been doing a slow tank with his trades to get the young guys experience and allowing a coaching controversey to become public.

does anything change now? haley was running the o so its not like hue was a part of anything

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Power-O said:

does anything change now? haley was running the o so its not like hue was a part of anything

Haley was also the OC in Pittsburgh who liked to g have one bell cow back.

Maybe he tries to make Landry into Brown. Callaway into Juju and Chubb into Bell

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Power-O said:

Never underestimate the negative impact of having Hue Jackson involved in any part of an NFL team. 

• Like 1

Not really sure how this is good news for Chubb in the short-term (this season). He was getting a ton of usage. Maybe if the offense opens up under the new staff he gets more efficient touches (even if fewer quantity). I just don’t see the offense improving that much this season from a mid-year coaching change. 

Nothing changes since Haley was calling the plays. Even if he takes over I am willing to bet he still calls the plays.

• Like 1

The best news for Chubb. And the best news for Browns fans. 

16 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Haley was also the OC in Pittsburgh who liked to g have one bell cow back.

Maybe he tries to make Landry into Brown. Callaway into Juju and Chubb into Bell

Haley has been trying to do that since the start of the season. . except the chubb role

Good news is nothing changes for Chubb. He will continue to be the primary ball carrier in the Browns offense.

Go 1-32. “We’re committed to this coaching staff.”

Mike McCoy becomes available. “You gone!”

Incoming!!

1 minute ago, dsaints said:

Source? Haven't seen this anywhere 

Just got a notification from Sleeper app per Rapoport

Have Baker and Chubb call their own plays using bottle caps and sticks like the good ole days.

• Haha 1

Haley gone too, addition through subtraction.

I'm not too bummed out.  Chubb has done well and has done more than enough to win the starting role in the future, especially since he's a rookie who can ideally still improve.  I think the offense was about as bad as it could be, and can only get better tbh.