vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Pick up Duke Johnson because there is no telling what's going to happen. I don't fear anything for Chubb but Duke may actually turn out to be nice piece if he gets used in the new offense.

Edited by FitzMagic

If mccoy gets hired, just drop Chubb...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Pick up Duke Johnson because there is no telling what's going to happen. I don't fear anything for Chubb but Duke may actually turn out to be nice piece if he gets used in the new offense.

Yea, if duke gets used, I see him getting used in the pass game rather than the run game(he's been so bad running the ball, while chubb has done pretty damn well in his first 2 games).  So i'd say maybe duke would cut more into Njoku or the Wr's volume rather than Chubb.

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

If mccoy gets hired, just drop Chubb...

Like I said in the Browns thread, they have Ken Zampese who was the OC in cinci for a brief stretch. He can step right in and run the same plays as Haley with a slight personal wrinkle. 

Shouldn't change much. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Like I said in the Browns thread, they have Ken Zampese who was the OC in cinci for a brief stretch. He can step right in and run the same plays as Haley with a slight personal wrinkle. 

Shouldn't change much. 

Thanks. Hopefully this is for the better.

leftwich revitalized the cardinals offense after the mccoy firing so i see some optimism. Thanks for the insight.

Edited by CABLE87

8 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Shouldn't change much. 

Thats the problem, they need change. What’s your point? 

would luv to know what the plan is...i mean what are they expecting to happen with a rookie QB....they have the players they have...they need more talent....the haley firing is dumb

Worried about chubb this week . New coaching staff + they are playing KC which is  a good matchup on paper but also a game where they might have to abandon the run early.  

26 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

Thats the problem, they need change. What’s your point? 

The point was that changing the offense mid-season is a disaster. What if you brought in a new OC that wanted to run a completely different style of football with different blocking schemes that the OL didn't know. You think that can be implemented overnight? You think a rookie QB that is already struggling can learn a brand new offense before their next game? 

I know some of you have a simplistic view of football, but changing systems mid-season is virtually impossible. It's better to have a guy in-house take over. 

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

The point was that changing the offense mid-season is a disaster. What if you brought in a new OC that wanted to run a completely different style of football with different blocking schemes that the OL didn't know. You think that can be implemented overnight? You think a rookie QB that is already struggling can learn a brand new offense before their next game? 

I know some of you have a simplistic view of football, but changing systems mid-season is virtually impossible. It's better to have a guy in-house take over. 

Not rocket science to hand it off. That's all we want. Chubb Outlook.

If ownership forced the trade of Hyde, whoever comes in will have to play Chubb. He is not going anywhere. Especially not for a marginal rusher like Johnson. He has been in the league for some time now and has yet to flash anything except his mouth. Cream always rises to the top and he has been stuck at the bottom of the cup.

Maybe Chubb should show up acting high so they'll trade him to the patriots

• Haha 5

DC Gregg Williams will be the interim HC per notification from Sleeper app. 

3 point offensive performances here we come! At least he’ll want to run the ball to keep his defense off the field. 

Edited by ff062018
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

DC Gregg Williams announced as the interim HC.

3 point offensive performances here we come! At least he’ll want to run the ball to keep his defense off the field. 

Good News i suppose

With some elite RBs (Mack, Barkley, Mixon, DJ) on bye, I don’t know if people can afford to sit Chubb this week. I don’t like it but I gotta roll the dice this week.

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

With some elite RBs (Mack, Barkley, Mixon, DJ) on bye, I don’t know if people can afford to sit Chubb this week. I don’t like it but I gotta roll the dice this week.

Exactly......Chubby, get a helmet......

Wow, never thought Williams would HC a team after his suspension.... not understanding the firing of Haley, sounds like Hue and him never saw eye to eye, so not sure if Haley was able to run the offense the way he wanted to or not (did what Hue told him to do?)

Need to see who the OC will be. That’s the determining factor now. 

54 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Maybe Chubb should show up acting high so they'll trade him to the patriots

that was funny :lol:

You guys are worried too much about this. Whoever the new OC or coach is they come in and use the same existing playbook. Chubb is still the guy there. It takes a while to change the whole offensive system. I also doubt anyone is going to want to put the ball in the hands of a rookie QB. If anything they pound the ball more with chubb and duke. 

1. No new coaches comes in midseason and throws away the existing system and playbook  at most they tweak/modify or add a new wrinkle

2. Should be similar production for Chubb but I have a feeling that baker is going to be showcased more since the mandate is not to win games but develop the talent.

3. I think the Browns are tanking so no mandate to win games, which means coaches  have every incentive to open up the offense with high risk plays instead of being conservative

I agree nothing really changes. I see him getting the same number of carries. It would be more useful to discuss the upcoming matchup and whether or not Chubb will get the usage against a high powered offense. Even with hue jack still in the picture the question would still remain

HE is closer to rb20 this week then some hoping for a rb10 finish. Unless you are like me in 1 league where i own gurley conner peterson then you have to play chubb more likely than not. There is hope for 60 yards and a TD. Not someone I would give a shot to in daily fantasy this week though at his price.