vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

32 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

EDIT/FIND "Chubb"
No results. 

Maybe try a google search? Something is bound to "pop" up. Might want to use incognito.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 6:21 PM, DezedandConfused said:

Can they get rid of both? Win-win situation

Your wish is granted. 

I'm not sure how this will affect his performance, but excluding week 14 against Carolina this is about as great a schedule you could realistically hope for. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 4:42 PM, ilovepelas said:

HE is closer to rb20 this week then some hoping for a rb10 finish. Unless you are like me in 1 league where i own gurley conner peterson then you have to play chubb more likely than not. There is hope for 60 yards and a TD. Not someone I would give a shot to in daily fantasy this week though at his price.

I agree with this. No doubting Chubb’s talent but even though the playbook won’t change overnight, the philosophy might with someone new calling the plays. Against a team that could very well be up 21 points after the first quarter, there is a serious question to be asked this week of Chubb’s useage and production.  I’m not convinced he is a better start than say an Aaron Jones. 

Taking the wait and see approach this week might be the smartest move, that is, if your roster allows for it 

1 hour ago, rizon said:

I agree with this. No doubting Chubb’s talent but even though the playbook won’t change overnight, the philosophy might with someone new calling the plays. Against a team that could very well be up 21 points after the first quarter, there is a serious question to be asked this week of Chubb’s useage and production.  I’m not convinced he is a better start than say an Aaron Jones. 

Taking the wait and see approach this week might be the smartest move, that is, if your roster allows for it 

Fair points. But they have given him a bunch of carries in 'bad' matchup the last two weeks. If the coaching staff hadn't essploded, it would make sense to say 'why not this week too'. But the coaching is the huge ? 

Chiefs are giving up a ton of RB points though. Their D is bad, so a long pass to the red zone could easily lead to running the ball in. I could see Chubb doing well this weekend. 

if the browns have any chance on winning this game its going to be defense and ball control offense... the chubb will chubb

44 minutes ago, Power-O said:

if the browns have any chance on winning this game its going to be defense and ball control offense... the chubb will chubb

You mean their best bet isn't to rely on a huge BM weekend? :)

10 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

You mean their best bet isn't to rely on a huge BM weekend? :)

srry...what does BM mean?

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

Bowel movement.....or Baker Mayfield. Not sure which.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Power-O said:

People are using it in place of Baker Mayfield. 

But it also means 'Bowel Movement'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Power-O said:

I have a feeling we will see a LOT of Duke this game as they play catch-up. Unless Cleveland can score on the ground with Chubb early we might be in for a rocky game. 

9 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

I have a feeling we will see a LOT of Duke this game as they play catch-up. Unless Cleveland can score on the ground with Chubb early we might be in for a rocky game. 

That hasn't been the case the last two games. But, this new coaching staff maybe looked at the last two games with no Duke and said "hmmmm, that didn't work". I'm not starting Chubb (going with Carson instead, I think), but this game will be a really interesting one. They may just tell Mayfield to sling it all over the place, go wild. Who knows!

4 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

I don't have that feeling.

• Like 5

Thanks Guys! 

Edited by Patrick Bateman
Not with Trade Value questions. Use the proper forum.

Folks, a reminder to our community that trade value questions are not to be posted in this forum.  We have a forum specifically dedicated for these type of questions where you can get great responses.  Please use the Assistant Coaches Forum for your trade value, sit/start, or add/drop content.  Also, those who answer and stoking these conversations here are just as complicit.  Help the forums and community stay organized.  Thanks so much. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Folks, a reminder to our community that trade value questions are not to be posted in this forum.  We have a forum specifically dedicated for these type of questions where you can get great responses.  Please use the Assistant Coaches Forum for your trade value, sit/start, or add/drop content.  Also, those answer and stoking these conversations here are just as complicit.  Help the forums and community stay organized.  Thanks so much. 

Sorry dude, my bad.

Here's my Chubb question--he doesn't catch a lot of passes, but is that because usage, or because bad hands? Anyone with any college era info? Drops? How does he look running passing routes?

1 hour ago, Brotherbock said:

That hasn't been the case the last two games. But, this new coaching staff maybe looked at the last two games with no Duke and said "hmmmm, that didn't work". I'm not starting Chubb (going with Carson instead, I think), but this game will be a really interesting one. They may just tell Mayfield to sling it all over the place, go wild. Who knows!

not when the head coach is greg williams....he is going to win this game on ball control & defense...he wont win but thats what helps him do what he does best

2 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

Sorry dude, my bad.

Here's my Chubb question--he doesn't catch a lot of passes, but is that because usage, or because bad hands? Anyone with any college era info? Drops? How does he look running passing routes?

RBs at UGA aren't asked to do complex routes.

His hands are fine, and he can bust out on swing routes - but was never as dynamic a receiver as Gurley (who was pretty damn elite in college)

2 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

Sorry dude, my bad.

Chubb would be fun in the bellcow role, this mirage of Duke having any significance is crazy to me. We know who he is and he hasnt done crap for years. Chubb can catch and run routes. Greg Williams nore than likely use the new guys.

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

RBs at UGA aren't asked to do complex routes.

His hands are fine, and he can bust out on swing routes - but was never as dynamic a receiver as Gurley (who was pretty damn elite in college)

18 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Chubb would be fun in the bellcow role, this mirage of Duke having any significance is crazy to me. We know who he is and he hasnt done crap for years. Chubb can catch and run routes. Greg Williams nore than likely use the new guys.

Thanks for the info guys :) I've caught just a bit of Browns games, but they have him run so few routes, I hadn't seen a single one. 

The point about Williams is a good one--guy's a triceratops. He may well decide that he wants a three-down back like we used to do back in the day before all this new-fangled running back techno whiz bang. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 2:51 PM, Raynestorm said:

Wow, never thought Williams would HC a team after his suspension.... not understanding the firing of Haley, sounds like Hue and him never saw eye to eye, so not sure if Haley was able to run the offense the way he wanted to or not (did what Hue told him to do?)

Need to see who the OC will be. That’s the determining factor now. 

I would think from the GM point of view, keeping Haley and firing Hue would be encouraging insubordination.  Now more information has been coming out about their relationship, we got a clearer picture.  Haley has been undermining the Head Coach.  Hue:  Josh Gordon is not starting week 1 (Haley starts Gordon).  Hue:  need to get Chubb more touches (nothing changes).  Hue:  need to get Duke more involved (nothing changes).  Haley, if he stayed, would continue to do the same thing to Gregg Williams or whoever else they chose as HC and ultimately undermine his authority.  That's why I think they fired Haley.  He made the HC look bad and the organization look bad (not that they didn't already look bad).  Dorsey is trying to change the culture and reputation of the Browns.  If it were business as usual, they wouldn't be able to attract free agents.  Even this offseason, they needed to trades just to get Jarvis Landry and Tyrod Taylor and overpay Jarvis on top of that to keep him around.

I don't think the Browns offensive scheme will change that much with the new OC.  Last year the Broncos fired Mike Mccoy and promoted Bill Musgrave.  Their offense stayed pretty much the same, but they emphasized more running plays to keep the ball out of their bad QBs hands.  With a rookie QB, I think the major change would be just what part of the playbook they emphasize, maybe get Baker out of the pocket more, cause in college he was like Mahomes in terms of what he could do out of the pocket improvising. I would hope they would continue to emphasize running the ball with Chubb because their defense is worn out from playing so many overtime games.  Their defense leads on the league in snaps played.  The Head Coach is a defensive guy, so he's going to want to do everything to make his defense (and himself) look good and that means playing ball control and running the ball.       

• Like 4

Top 5 RB1 this week 30 touches /200 total yards/ 3 scores-  Keep KC offence off the field will be the game plan. Landry to keep the chains moving underneath.  Higgins out/ Calloway looking iffy probably need to put DJ in the slot. Even Njoku dinged.

7 hours ago, Brotherbock said:

People are using it in place of Baker Mayfield. 

But it also means 'Bowel Movement'.

It can also mean Bad Manners in the gaming world lol.