vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

He's definitely an RBFN1!!!

"BuT tAkE aWaY hIs LoNg RuNs AnD hEs NoT tHaT good"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Take away his Legs and he's a cripple

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

Take away his Legs and he's a cripple

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Remember when they said Chubb can’t catch? Yeah.

You guys know about Player threads .., pat yourself on the back 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

You guys know about Player threads .., pat yourself on the back 

You can go find where I sad he can catch. Don’t get sassy with me.

• Haha 1

This whole team looks like it has enough pieces to contend every week, and the correlation between the D, Mayfield’s efficiency, and Chubb’s talent...

...best handcuff I ever drafted.

Edited by Proteus

1 hour ago, Deadpool said:

He's definitely an RBFN1!!!

"BuT tAkE aWaY hIs LoNg RuNs AnD hEs NoT tHaT good"

Take away all of Brees passing TDs and he's just an average QB too. lol.

5 minutes ago, J.L. Mackie said:

He is averaging over 5 yards a carry on the season and gets 20 carries a game. Most likely a top 5 rb going forward.

Okay I really like Chubb but definitely not top-5. Easily top 10 though...

You got Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara, Christian McCaffrey, James Conner and I would probably take Saquon and Zeke over him as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RafiBomb said:

Okay I really like Chubb but definitely not top-5. Easily top 10 though...

You got Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara, Christian McCaffrey, James Conner and I would probably take Saquon and Zeke over him as well.

I mean thats not a bad group, that says a lot

On 11/5/2018 at 4:30 PM, GADirtyBird said:

Chubb can make guys miss and has the long speed. The volume is great, but the long runs are coming too. So much for those wondering why crazy Hyde owners were cuffing Chubb. 

Knew it and I knew it would come against my team too. Smh. Good for us owners tho. Seemed like he was also used more in the passing game. 

Might need to revise my solid RB2 statement. With Chubb's potential to break a long run at any given moment he has top-5 RB upside. Higher-end RB2. Duke there limits his floor though because they are now utilizing Duke in the passing game instead of giving more targets to Chubb.

31 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I mean thats not a bad group, that says a lot

i'm not saying that it's a bad group, just that he is outside of the top 5. Like I said I really like Chubb but "most likely a top-5 RB" moving forward is a stretch.

Edited by RafiBomb

The td reception was very encouraging to see. He is a top 10 back at worst ROS. Regretting benching him for Kupp today.

2 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

This guy singlehandedly won me my week

Thank you my chubb

Yup me too, I played against Big Ben and he made up the distance, he is the new Beastmode, he had multiple big runs every game that he played this year.

On 11/8/2018 at 3:33 PM, hard1 said:

Chubb at one point considered to be better than gurley.... we haven't seen his best yet... and he's been a rb2/1 since starting...

:wub:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hard1 said:

:wub:

I remember being ridiculed for saying if Chubb didn't destroy his knee he would've been a top 10 draft pick and there would've been a debate about who would be the first RB taken between him and Barkley.

This guy is elite and if he can continue to catch a couple balls every week than he will be a top 7 or so RB.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, munde53 said:

I remember being ridiculed for saying if Chubb didn't destroy his knee he would've been a top 10 draft pick and there would've been a debate about who would be the first RB taken between him and Barkley.

This guy is elite and if he can continue to catch a couple balls every week than he will be a top 7 or so RB.

Also, despite the knee injury, he likely would've been closer to Barkley's stock had he not shared a backfield with Michel 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, munde53 said:

If I was one of those that ridiculed you I'm sorry. Chubb may have won me my week after Cinci and the Colts stunk it up. I do think the knee injury affected him, but who knows maybe he is like Gurley.