vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

Big bruiser with house speed. Helped me set the weekly points record in my league today. Cool story bro! Chubb!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

Big bruiser with house speed. Helped me set the weekly points record in my league today. Cool story bro! Chubb!!!

 

Same! We can be cool story bros, bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing about the game besides the run was the 3 receptions and the designed screen that he scored on, that will help his floor if he can catch a few passes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That hole was massive, but once he maneuvered his way though it and hit the jets, that mofo was gone. 90 yards and no doubt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chubb and Michel are bellcow type RBs stuck in a two RB system. I don’t expect NE to change as long as Hoodie and gramps are around, but hopefully the Browns realize Chubb can handle all-around duties. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Tax77 said:

That hole was massive, but once he maneuvered his way though it and hit the jets, that mofo was gone. 90 yards and no doubt. 

I agree the hole was massive and most of that run was due to great blocking. However, the acceleration though the initial hole was special and the acceleration off of Callaway's block in the secondary after slowing down slightly to setup the block up was elite. 

 

I don't think it was close to his best run of the day but it was still great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm fine with Duke giving him a breather. His usage this game should be the standard going forward. (PLEASE)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any funny Chubb puns? We need some more lols in here for goodness sakes, his last name is CHUBB!

 

nobody popped a chubb the way nick popped off a 92 yard TD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eating a bit of crow. I was unsure Chubb would ever have great upside, but it appears they are more comfortable working him in the pass game. That could be huge. Doesn’t need to be a Gurley/Kamara type guy, but three catches a game could do wonders for his floor and offer ceiling type plays like Sunday

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

Eating a bit of crow. I was unsure Chubb would ever have great upside, but it appears they are more comfortable working him in the pass game. That could be huge. Doesn’t need to be a Gurley/Kamara type guy, but three catches a game could do wonders for his floor and offer ceiling type plays like Sunday

 

I think the thing about him is that he has that "take it to the house"-ability from anywhere - as seen on sunday.

 

But I agree, with 3 catches each game his PPR floor should never be under 6-8 points with the possibility of what happened on sunday.

Edited by thebadferret

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

Eating a bit of crow. I was unsure Chubb would ever have great upside, but it appears they are more comfortable working him in the pass game. That could be huge. Doesn’t need to be a Gurley/Kamara type guy, but three catches a game could do wonders for his floor and offer ceiling type plays like Sunday

Thank you for this. Eating crow ain’t easy. I had to do it for Alshon and Mack. All we can do is learn as we go. Good post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thebadferret said:

 

I think the thing about him is that he has that "take it to the house"-ability from anywhere - as seen on sunday.

 

But I agree, with 3 catches each game his PPR floor should never be under 6-8 points with the possibility of what happened on sunday.

He always seems to be an ankle tackle away from breaking a big run. You know it’s in there. Makes him really fun to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or is anyone else pleased to see Cleveland finally playing good football? They’ve been the joke of the NFL for so many years. I think it’s great for football that they’re on the right track to be competitive. Pieces are there on both sides of the ball. I was so wrong about Baker. Thought he’d be another Manziel. Bright future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Is it just me or is anyone else pleased to see Cleveland finally playing good football? They’ve been the joke of the NFL for so many years. I think it’s great for football that they’re on the right track to be competitive. Pieces are there on both sides of the ball. I was so wrong about Baker. Thought he’d be another Manziel. Bright future.

Most of CLE games have been fun to watch this year.. team is very involved in games,, the team can score, def isn't bad.. I'm happy for the fans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the reasons Chubb eats is because they seem to be in every game week after week.

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Chubb and Michel are bellcow type RBs stuck in a two RB system. I don’t expect NE to change as long as Hoodie and gramps are around, but hopefully the Browns realize Chubb can handle all-around duties. 

 

Pretty ridiculous to see this complaint less than 24 hours after he posted a 20/176/1–3/33/1 line. Duke Johnson had THREE (3) carries. Chubb is getting the lion’s share of the work and it’s not even close. It’s not a zero sum game and rotating backs keeps them fresh and healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny people want to compare Chubb to Sonny Michelle. Chubb is so good and Sonny is okay. The Browns spread em and let Chubb plow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 plus touches last 4 game straight. 23 touches in his last two games. RB1 workload as well as getting more involved in the pass game as you guys mentioned. They trailed for a bit vs KC week 9 and Duke had his fair share of catches but never really took many carries away from Chubb. This team is fully committed to Chubb no matter what the game flow looks like. Their ROS is not scary at all. Icing on the cake is a home game against CIN week 16... Lets enjoy this boys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

 

Pretty ridiculous to see this complaint less than 24 hours after he posted a 20/176/1–3/33/1 line. Duke Johnson had THREE (3) carries. Chubb is getting the lion’s share of the work and it’s not even close. It’s not a zero sum game and rotating backs keeps them fresh and healthy.

How is it not relevant when Duke is the third down and passing down back? The prior game he was in for almost 50% of the snaps. This last game he was in for almost 1/3 of the snaps.  Chubb was 50% the prior game and 80% in this last game which was his highest of the season. Todd Gurley is in for 90% of snaps typically. Melvin Gordon 70-90%, Barkley about 90%, Hunt is about the same as Gordon. Like I said, I hope they realize Chubb can handle it. Not sure what exactly your point was about my comment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Not sure what exactly your point was about my comment? 

 

He's the highest scoring RB on the week, complaining about the lack of bellcow snaps when he producing bell cow numbers is generally gonna fall on deaf ears. Just enjoy your RB1 that was possibly snagged off the wire, because even if he did get 90% of the work there is no guarantee that his efficiency would remain so high

 

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth etc etc

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

I was so wrong about Baker. Thought he’d be another Manziel. 

 

Not that it's the only determining factor. But I'll bet on the college walk-on over the silver platter guy any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

How is it not relevant when Duke is the third down and passing down back? The prior game he was in for almost 50% of the snaps. This last game he was in for almost 1/3 of the snaps.  Chubb was 50% the prior game and 80% in this last game which was his highest of the season. Todd Gurley is in for 90% of snaps typically. Melvin Gordon 70-90%, Barkley about 90%, Hunt is about the same as Gordon. Like I said, I hope they realize Chubb can handle it. Not sure what exactly your point was about my comment? 

 

Duke was in for 50% snaps vs KC but Chubb still had 23 touches that game. snap % doesn't really show the whole picture if chubb is gonna get a touch on every snap he is on. they seem committed to him no matter what the flow is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.