vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

10 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Chubb and Michel are bellcow type RBs stuck in a two RB system. I don’t expect NE to change as long as Hoodie and gramps are around, but hopefully the Browns realize Chubb can handle all-around duties. 

That’s all I said. Hopefully that becomes the trend that they trust him more in the passing game. Still not sure how that got taken out of context. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thebadferret said:

I think the thing about him is that he has that "take it to the house"-ability from anywhere - as seen on sunday.

But I agree, with 3 catches each game his PPR floor should never be under 6-8 points with the possibility of what happened on sunday.

I don’t know if he’ll continue to get those same looks, but it was at least nice to see Baker dump it off to him a few times. Could be an anomaly, but the hope is he realizes he can work long to short on his progressions and drop it down instead of always looking for the big play down the field

22 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

That’s all I said. Hopefully that becomes the trend that they trust him more in the passing game. Still not sure how that got taken out of context. 

Duke is a stud in the passing game. He's not going to go away. Chubb is a better runner, and Duke is the better pass catcher. And even if Chubb was as good as Duke, they'd still sprinkle him in. 

19 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Duke is a stud in the passing game. He's not going to go away. Chubb is a better runner, and Duke is the better pass catcher. And even if Chubb was as good as Duke, they'd still sprinkle him in. 

To keep Duke happy, they will absolutely get him the ball. However, it was nice to see them exploring Chubbin the passing game. I tell you what, I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke moved next season. Chubb is showing he can handle it all. 

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

To keep Duke happy, they will absolutely get him the ball. However, it was nice to see them exploring Chubbin the passing game. I tell you what, I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke moved next season. Chubb is showing he can handle it all. 

2nd or 3rd round next season?

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Are they worried about his happiness?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Absolutely. Guys like Dalvin and CMC were going around that time this year. He may be a 2nd rd lock next year. We will see how the rest of the season goes, but it’s definitely looking that way.

19 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

RBs: Gurley Gordon Conner Kamara Hunt DJ Barkley Zeke CMC Mixon Cook

WRs: Hill AB Hopkins Thomas Thielen Adams

I'm taking Chubb right after these guys in Standard.  For now.   Maybe up between Zeke and CMC if Arians is the coach.  Chubb is special and the workload is there.

Edited by Lord_Varys

30 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Duke Johnson = Spencer Ware

37 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Are they worried about his happiness?

They absolutely are. Duke whined and complained about his lack of use. A week later, Hyde was gone and Duke was being featured in the passing game. You tell me? Does Duke seem happier?

41 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

I would love to be able to get him in the 3rd next season but I dont see it. Especially if he starts stringing together big games. I can see him going mid to late 2nd. Especially since there are a lot more serviceable WRs than there are RBs. Once the "experts" start dissecting his numbers, broken tackles, top speed, excellent play despite marginal blocking, the hype train will really start to take off. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I would love to be able to get him in the 3rd next season but I dont see it. Especially if he starts stringing together big games. I can see him going mid to late 2nd. Especially since there are a lot more serviceable WRs than there are RBs. Once the "experts" start dissecting his numbers, broken tackles, top speed, excellent play despite marginal blocking, the hype train will really start to take off. 

The hype train was building after the Hyde trade. It's reached critical mass now. The train has left the station. :lol:

Straight up Stud. I love how some are trying to say he is comparable to the likes of Drake and Michelle. The guy looks special and I see attributes of many great RBs of the past. Sky’s the limit if they keep putting him in a position to succeed.

• Like 1

This guy did not come out of nowhere people. Trust me, the hype will grow going into next season. Sit back and enjoy the damn ride. Especially if you are in keeper leagues. 

46 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

They absolutely are. Duke whined and complained about his lack of use. A week later, Hyde was gone and Duke was being featured in the passing game. You tell me? Does Duke seem happier?

?   I think it had more to do with what they knew they had in Chubb + another team in need of a rb.

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Oh no!  ...don't let Duke see that tweet, he'll fall out on the floor.

14 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

That’s like a bag of chips saying, 10% less fat, but not mentioning what was used as comparison.  10% less fat than a stick of butter?  Cup of vegetable oil?

If you know anything about Waldman and his annual report, you know he studies damn near EVERY RB coming out. So, included in this study would be guys like DJ, Gurley, Ezekiel, Kamara, etc... If a RB has been in the league for 5 years or less, none were graded higher than Chubb. That says a lot. He thoroughly examines the position. When I played in dynasty leagues, his analysis helped me tremendously. Also, Psygolf, quit looking for confrontation. I'm in peaceful gear right now. Be best man. I'm trying to add more to a discussion than dumb dumb trolling this week. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

57 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

That’s like a bag of chips saying, 10% less fat, but not mentioning what was used as comparison.  10% less fat than a stick of butter?  Cup of vegetable oil?

He graded him higher than Barkley, Elliott, Kamara, DJ, Gurley, etc.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Hopefully someone brought this tweet up in the preseason when people were saying he looked like the worst RB of all-time

2 hours ago, Krambone said:

Straight up Stud. I love how some are trying to say he is comparable to the likes of Drake and Michelle. The guy looks special and I see attributes of many great RBs of the past. Sky’s the limit if they keep putting him in a position to succeed.

I see some similarities to Terrell Davis and LT. he’s going to be a 3 down back and cede the 2 min work to duke. Trade for him now while there’s still time. I told my cousin to trade Dalvin Cook and Jared Cook for him 4 weeks ago and it’s worked out for him. I added him in week 5 luckily and it has solidified my team big time. 

2 hours ago, Krambone said:

He isn't stylistically similar to those two backs but that isn't to say those to guys aren't as good they're just different.

From Pro Football Focus:

Chubb now leads all NFL running backs with 150-plus offensive snaps in overall grade (90.5) and rushing grade (91.5). He also leads the 53 backs with 50-plus carries this season in forced missed tackles per touch (0.27) and yards after contact per carry (5.3) – the latter metric standing 43.2 percent above the two backs (Austin Ekeler & Royce Freeman) tied for second on the list.

Looking at just the four games he’s been the Browns’ feature back (Weeks 7-10), Chubb ranks first in forced missed tackles (17), yards after contact per carry (4.2) and rushing first downs (21).

Nick Chubb totaled 155 yards after contact on Sunday. That’s more than any other running back totaled on the ground in general (not just after contact). This wasn’t just a one-week thing, either. For the season, he averages 5.3 yards after contact per attempt, which is 36% better than the next-closest running back. He also led all running backs this week in missed tackles forced on the ground (seven) and leads all running backs this season in missed tackles forced per attempt (27%). He currently sports an elusive rating of 137.2, which would be good for a new PFF-era record.

• Thanks 1