dashoe

Derrius Guice 2018 Outlook

Draft stock is rising alongside McCaffrey due to TC reports. Won't be much of a value heading into preseason.

Good points so far, I think all 3 should be mid to high end RB2’s. Pre-Season will hopefully help sort this out a little more. I know defenses are a lot more simplistic but it’s nice to see how the RB’s look. 

I’m targeting Guice in the third round in all my drafts. Could be a league winner this year.

• Haha 1

I like him but hopefully his value doesn't go too high. I think he's the most talented back the Redskins have had in a long time by all accounts

So far, in most of my mock drafts, Guice lands in the rounds 3-4 range. I'm seeing more and more people finding value in him. So don't be surprised if you try the "wait and see if he falls" approach and end up watching him get snatched early.

In one of my leagues, we've already had a draft and he was picked early in the 3rd round.

Edited by Wynter12

27 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

So far, in most of my mock drafts, Guice lands in the rounds 3-4 range. I'm seeing more and more people finding value in him. So don't be surprised if you try the "wait and see if he falls" approach and end up watching him get snatched early.

In one of my leagues, we've already had a draft and he was picked early in the 3rd round.

Yep, and if he explodes in the third preseason game he can creep into the late second round.

This guy was a beast in college. Got the size and speed. Hes gonna be be their workhorse. A lot of upside here. I don’t wanna miss out 

Guice or Henry? I mostly standard, but just in general what do people think?

Both seem similar in that they have a definite 3rd down back.. but Lewis being more well-rounded makes me side more with Guice (though Henry doesn't have anyone like Kelley/Perine to possibly steal early down work. No matter how unlikely, these guys have each had some success the past 2 years). Lines are both very good too. 

9 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Guice or Henry? I mostly standard, but just in general what do people think?

Both seem similar in that they have a definite 3rd down back.. but Lewis being more well-rounded makes me side more with Guice (though Henry doesn't have anyone like Kelley/Perine to possibly steal early down work. No matter how unlikely, these guys have each had some success the past 2 years). Lines are both very good too. 

I'd go Guice. I think Dion Lewis is better than Guice's main competition(Chris Thompson) who is coming off a bad injury. Kelley and Perine are JAGs and will only get work if Guice needs a blow or is banged up. I'm personally passing on Henry and trying to pick up Lewis for cheaper although I don't he's that much cheaper. 

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

I'd go Guice. I think Dion Lewis is better than Guice's main competition(Chris Thompson) who is coming off a bad injury. Kelley and Perine are JAGs and will only get work if Guice needs a blow or is banged up. I'm personally passing on Henry and trying to pick up Lewis for cheaper although I don't he's that much cheaper. 

I'll echo this.  I'm a Dion Lewis fan, much more than Chris Thompson, and its that same logic that has Guice ahead of Henry for me as well.    I dont really fear Chris Thompson at all- he only spiked with production when he was clearly overused, and isn't healthy right now.    

17 minutes ago, BrianM said:

I'll echo this.  I'm a Dion Lewis fan, much more than Chris Thompson, and its that same logic that has Guice ahead of Henry for me as well.    I dont really fear Chris Thompson at all- he only spiked with production when he was clearly overused, and isn't healthy right now.    

Some of you are really selling a healthy CT short. Even in 2016 he was dominating the 3rd down work, hurry up work, and 2min work. Kelley was off the field in those situations. And it led to 5 TD's for CT.

Regardless of all of that I still don't believe in Guice's talent overcoming the scheme and coaching deficiency for RB's under Gruden.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, devaster said:

Some of you are really selling a healthy CT short. Even in 2016 he was dominating the 3rd down work, hurry up work, and 2min work. Kelley was off the field in those situations. And it led to 5 TD's for CT.

Regardless of all of that I still don't believe in Guice's talent overcoming the scheme and coaching deficiency for RB's under Gruden.

I'm a Skins fan so I know how good Thompson is. I'm just not sure if he'll be healthy this year. If that injury saps any of his explosiveness he might not be as affective this year and thus far the news isn't great. They love Guice and won't have any qualms giving him more work if CT struggles or takes awhile to get back into form. 

Edited by owenmills

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

I'm a Skins fan so I know how good Thompson is. I'm just not sure if he'll be healthy this year. If that achilles injury saps any of his explosiveness he might not be as affective this year. They love Guice and won't have any qualms giving him more work if CT struggles or takes awhile to get back into form. 

He had an Achilles injury? I thought he broke his leg.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

He had an Achilles injury? I thought he broke his leg.

Yeah I was thinking of someone else. The news isn't good out of camp though so he may start slow which would be more work for Guice. 

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I think they promoted Fat Rob off the practice squad early in the season then he eventually jumped in as the full time starter week 8 and avg'ed about 18 touches a game, even with CT dominating the passing work. I think it's not ballsy to assume an uptick compared to Kelley's 2016, esp if CT is recovering still. I'm actually more worried about Kelley/Perine cutting into early down work or god forbid, rotating series. 

Situation reminds me of Mixon last year.

Talented rookie with a loaded backfield who will be drafted high and likely not end up starting the season. Crappy situation.

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Situation reminds me of Mixon last year.

Talented rookie with a loaded backfield who will be drafted high and likely not end up starting the season. Crappy situation.

A loaded backfield???

No. 

3 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

A loaded backfield???

No. 

Not exactly loaded. But the situation isn't all that different from Cinci last season. And there is the Gruden OC connection in Cinci. The main difference is that Washington has an above average OL if it can stay healthy.

so guide is going before alex collins now? I love guice but idk abut that. feel like guice gets 900 something yards collins gets over 1000. Passing game more open to collins with CT there in WAS

It's Mixon, Guice, and Collins as the third-round RB trio I see heading into draft season. Lamar Miller will be there too, I think. I see that group above guys like Ajayi and Henry. 

I could actually see Royce Freeman breaking into this ADP range depending on TC. His stock is also rising. Ditto with Kerryon Johnson.

Edited by LongBalls

56 minutes ago, devaster said:

Not exactly loaded. But the situation isn't all that different from Cinci last season. And there is the Gruden OC connection in Cinci. The main difference is that Washington has an above average OL if it can stay healthy.

The Bengals offensive line was pathetic last year and the offense was so bad they changed offensive coordinators a couple weeks into the season.  The Redskins Oline is ranked in the top half of the NFL by most metrics.  I don't see it being a similar situation at all.  

5 minutes ago, bob123dude said:

The Bengals offensive line was pathetic last year and the offense was so bad they changed offensive coordinators a couple weeks into the season.  The Redskins Oline is ranked in the top half of the NFL by most metrics.  I don't see it being a similar situation at all.  

Did you read my entire post?

14 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

Being evaluated for a knee injury...anyone see what happened??

It didn’t really look bad. I actually thought he tweaked his hamstring the way he was laying on the ground. He walked to the locker room.