dashoe

Lamar Jackson 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Why? He’s had like one good game and he was on bye this week.  He’s not a top 12 QB, and most of the top guys are past their bye weeks.  My league is 12-teams and only 5 bench spots, so most teams don’t hold 2 QBs if they have an every week starter type.

I agree....guys like Baker are okay but nothing to get excited over. 250 with 2 tds is ceiling. Yawn....

1 hour ago, Godfather131 said:

Huh? No, that is not the same. At all. Cousins and Stafford are inconsistent, so a flyer on Mayfield makes sense. Having Brees and Rivers is COMPLETELY different than the example you outlined and having Brees and Rivers more than sets you up, thus not needing to use up another roster spot on a QB.

I wasn’t suggesting they were the same. The Brees/Rivers thing was a completely random choice of two QBs. My point had absolutely nothing to do with Brees and/or Rivers. It could be any QBs. There are countless scenarios in which Mayfield ends up on the waiver wire. It’s not surprising at all.

The obvious reason is that he’s not a great fantasy QB. But since you clearly think he’s a must-roster kind of QB “in competitive leagues”, I tried to provide a less obvious example of how Mayfield might end up on the wire. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

Ah yes, nothing says “competitive league” like rostering the QB24 overall who is currently owned in less than 40% of leagues

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Godfather131 said:

This makes more sense to me than "Well the guy who rostered him at Brees and Rivers so they had to reluctantly drop him for bye weeks".

Personally, if I have Brees AND Rivers, I'm not looking on the FA wire to take a flyer on a 3rd QB...I'd be using those valuable roster spots for other positions. But that's just me. Maybe I'm wrong though since this season has NOT gone according to plan for me lol.

That incredibly simple explanation makes sense to you, yet moments ago you were “surprised Baker isn’t rostered in competitive leagues”? It never occurred to you the reason might be that he’s not a valuable  fantasy QB?

I would put him in the top 15 rosterable QBs right now. So yes, in a 12 team league, I think he should be rostered unless you have a pair like Brees and Rivers where it makes no sense.

Either way, it's not important to me to continue such a silly debate. Let's just move on.

• Like 2

As a Ravens fan, I hope Jackson becomes spectacular, but he's NOT that now.  The drooling article here at Rotoworld, full of statistics, indicates the reporter didn't bother to watch the game.

Jackson is NOT a big QB.  He's not built like Mike Vick or R.G.III.  Running 27 times in a game is NOT something he can do often.  He was successful passing because he ran so much and passed so little.  A number of his passes were side-armed, low-thrown passes and he was lucky only one was intercepted.

He did look accurate when throwing on the run.  He didn't throw deep and after the first quarter, the Bengals defense had that figured out.

When Flacco was a rookie, he was brought along slowly and the team was a running team. That's not practical anymore unless the RB's are catching a lot of passes. It will be interesting to see what develops.

4 hours ago, Godfather131 said:

Huh? No, that is not the same. At all. Cousins and Stafford are inconsistent, so a flyer on Mayfield makes sense. Having Brees and Rivers is COMPLETELY different than the example you outlined and having Brees and Rivers more than sets you up, thus not needing to use up another roster spot on a QB.

Mayfield is a streaming option specifically for the 2 games before his bye week. He doesnt have the elite pass catching talent to take him into the top 12. .  guys named landry-higgins-njoku-callaway-duke are not scaring defenses or burning decent defenses

The Browns are in the top 3 teams with dropped  passes in the NFL and baker is not going to get you significant yards with his legs.

All of that equals STREAMER

Edited by dashoe

13 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Mayfield is a streaming option specifically for the 2 games before his bye week. He doesnt have the elite pass catching talent to take him into the top 12. .  guys named landry-higgins-njoku-callaway-duke are not scaring defenses or burning decent defenses

The Browns are in the top 3 teams with dropped  passes in the NFL and baker is not going to get you significant yards with his legs.

All of that equals STREAMER

Ok? Doesn’t change my point in that rostering him while also rostering Brees and Rivers makes no sense.

Also, what 12 QBs are no doubt better to roll out there right now?

Off the top of my head: Mahomes, Brees, Ben, Ryan, Rodgers, Wilson, Goff, Watson, Luck, Wentz

Cousins, Trubisky, Stafford, etc all inconsistent and I would probably rather have Baker at this point.

Edit: So no, he’s not just an obvious streamer, especially when some roster 2 of the guys from the first list of 10 I mentioned...

Also, your argument about him not being valuable bc he won’t grt you many yds with his legs and implying he doesn’t get many passing yds either....He is averaging more passing yds per game than Wilson and Wilson averaging a whopping 8 yds more a game rushing. Baker has been trending up and playing well. He should absolutely be owned.

Edited by Godfather131

19 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Ok? Doesn’t change my point in that rostering him while also rostering Brees and Rivers makes no sense.

Also, what 12 QBs are no doubt better to roll out there right now?

Off the top of my head: Mahomes, Brees, Ben, Ryan, Rodgers, Wilson, Goff, Watson, Luck, Wentz

Cousins, Trubisky, Stafford, etc all inconsistent and I would probably rather have Baker at this point.

Edit: So no, he’s not just an obvious streamer, especially when some roster 2 of the guys from the first list of 10 I mentioned...

Also, your argument about him not being valuable bc he won’t grt you many yds with his legs and implying he doesn’t get many passing yds either....He is averaging more passing yds per game than Wilson and Wilson averaging a whopping 8 yds more a game rushing. Baker has been trending up and playing well. He should absolutely be owned.

Yeah maybe u missed the part about he is a STREAMER . .you don't need to roster streamers. The point of a streamer is you take them off the wire and plug them in on ideal matchups. so no need to roster them.

You can find a 15-20pt QB streamer on the wire every week ins single QB leagues . . . at least I can. . :lol:

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yeah maybe u missed the part about he is a STREAMER . .you don't need to roster streamers. The point of a streamer is you take them off the wire and plug them in on ideal matchups. so no need to roster them.

You can find a 15-20pt QB streamer on the wire every week ins single QB leagues . . . at least I can. . :lol:

I know exactly what the definition of a streamer is. You claim he’s a streamer who doesn’t need to be rostered. I disagreed by saying there aren’t 12 obvious QBs who should be started over him and I mentioned 10. I said name 12 QBs that are without a doubt better to use moving forward.

Perhaps you read what you want and missed what I actually said?

2 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

I know exactly what the definition of a streamer is. You claim he’s a streamer who doesn’t need to be rostered. I disagreed by saying there aren’t 12 obvious QBs who should be started over him and I mentioned 10. I said name 12 QBs that are without a doubt better to use moving forward.

Perhaps you read what you want and missed what I actually said?

No I read  and understood your post but I simply disregarded it because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't actually processed what you said  . .:lol:

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

No I read  and understood your post but I simply disregarded it because I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't actually processed what you said  . .:lol:

What are you talking about? A streamer is a QB that isn’t rated high enough to be used regularly. In a 12 team league, 12 QBs are started..I said name me 12 QBs who are clearly better to use moving forward (I named 10 to give a head start). If you can’t name 12, that implies that Baker is more than “just a streamer” as you claim.

I don’t understand why this is hard to follow...?

Edited by Godfather131

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

As a Ravens fan, I hope Jackson becomes spectacular, but he's NOT that now.  The drooling article here at Rotoworld, full of statistics, indicates the reporter didn't bother to watch the game.

Jackson is NOT a big QB.  He's not built like Mike Vick or R.G.III.  Running 27 times in a game is NOT something he can do often.  He was successful passing because he ran so much and passed so little.  A number of his passes were side-armed, low-thrown passes and he was lucky only one was intercepted.

He did look accurate when throwing on the run.  He didn't throw deep and after the first quarter, the Bengals defense had that figured out.

When Flacco was a rookie, he was brought along slowly and the team was a running team. That's not practical anymore unless the RB's are catching a lot of passes. It will be interesting to see what develops.

You completely lost me when you said he is not a big QB, LIKE MICHAEL VICK AND RGIII, he is literally the same exact size as RGIII and is 2 inches taller and 2 pounds lighter than Mike Vick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, psygolf said:

150+ rushing yds and a min 1 td vs Oak coming...right!?

OAK is so bad I can see them being conservative and not wanting to run Jackson so often. I can see 70 yards rushing and a TD and then him just handing it off to all the RBs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Jackson is NOT a big QB.  He's not built like Mike Vick or R.G.III.  Running 27 times in a game is NOT something he can do often.

Vick
Height:    6 ft 0 in
Weight:    215 lb

Jackson
Height:    6 ft 2 in
Weight:    212 lb 4

RG3
Height:    6 ft 2 in
Weight:    218 lb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Michael Vick College Rushing Stats

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career Virginia Tech         235 1299 5.5 17         235 1299 5.5 17
*1999 Virginia Tech Big East   QB 12 131 682 5.2 9         131 682 5.2 9
2000 Virginia Tech Big East SO QB 10 104 617 5.9 8         104 617 5.9 8

RG III College Rushing Stats

Career Baylor         528 2254 4.3 33 3 24 8.0 0 531 2278 4.3 33
2008 Baylor Big 12 FR QB 12 173 843 4.9 13 1 0 0.0 0 174 843 4.8 13
2009 Baylor Big 12 SO QB 3 27 77 2.9 2         27 77 2.9 2
*2010 Baylor Big 12 SO QB 13 149 635 4.3 8 1 9 9.0 0 150 644 4.3 8
*2011 Baylor Big 12 JR QB 13 179 699 3.9 10 1 15 15.0 0 180 714 4.0 10

Lamar Jackson College Rushing Stats

Career Louisville         655 4132 6.3 50 0 0   0 655 4132 6.3 50
*2015 Louisville ACC FR QB 12 163 960 5.9 11 0 0   0 163 960 5.9 11
*2016 Louisville ACC SO QB 13 260 1571 6.0 21 0 0   0 260 1571 6.0 21
*2017 Louisville ACC JR QB 13 232 1601 6.9 18 0 0   0 232 1601 6.9 18

He had more rushing attempts, more rushing yards, and more the same amount of rushing touchdowns than Vick and RG3 combined in college.  What makes you say that he can't do something Vick or RG3 does in the pro game?  Makes no sense.

Edited by TTo34
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

He had more rushing attempts, more rushing yards, and more the same amount of rushing touchdowns than Vick and RG3 combined in college.  What makes you say that he can't do something Vick or RG3 does in the pro game?  Makes no sense.

Because hes a Ravens fan, duh!

I also have Mahomes on a bye and like many was planning on rolling with Lamar.  However, Jameis Winston is available now as he probably is in most leagues.  While Winston obviously more experienced, I think the risk of an in game benching with his fickle coach is likely going to have me hold on to Lamar and throw him out there and just cross my fingers.  Not expecting a 40 or 50 burger from Lamar, but if he gave me 20?  I think I could be ok with that as a one week fill-in.

Worry would be that teams would just stack the box and make him beat him with his arm.  But if he's going to throw a TD pass, next week against the Raiders is probably one of the best spots he could be in.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

OAK is so bad I can see them being conservative and not wanting to run Jackson so often. I can see 70 yards rushing and a TD and then him just handing it off to all the RBs.

I'm concerned about this as well.  

70 rushing yards, a rushing TD, and 150 pass yards is still 19 points.  W/out the TD though we're looking at 13 points which is super tough to swallow from the QB position.  I don't see any way the Raiders move the ball against Baltimore, so perhaps a ground and pound Gus Edwards game in coming?  

Lamar is super polarizing this week.  He had a nice game last week without even scoring, so he can approach 30 points if he scores a few.  And a matchup against Oakland is JUICY.  However, this could easily turn into a "hey we got this in the bag, let's just hammer Edwards/Collins/Ty/Dixon" type of game.  

14 hours ago, Godfather131 said:

What are you talking about? A streamer is a QB that isn’t rated high enough to be used regularly. In a 12 team league, 12 QBs are started..I said name me 12 QBs who are clearly better to use moving forward (I named 10 to give a head start). If you can’t name 12, that implies that Baker is more than “just a streamer” as you claim.

STREAMER. . .:lol:

14 hours ago, Godfather131 said:

Your first mistake was responding to dashoe and expecting any type of coherent response. There is a reason he is on my ignore list. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Your first mistake was responding to dashoe and expecting any type of coherent response. There is a reason he is on my ignore list. 

Thanks for the advice. His lack of logic and preference to troll is frustrating and I'm done responding to it. Honestly, I never should've even got into the debate with him so I'll add him to my list now.