dashoe

Lamar Jackson 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

Man the hype is outta control on here! I'm debating him vs Mullens(favoring Mullens) and people are throwing around cam, Brady, Rodgers, watson

Plus I would say the matchup with the Raiders is sweetening the deal. If they were playing a real NFL team I don't think Lamar would be close to those other guys.

9 hours ago, scheibler said:

Man the hype is outta control on here! I'm debating him vs Mullens(favoring Mullens) and people are throwing around cam, Brady, Rodgers, watson

9 hours ago, dashoe said:

it's not really hype because he is a running QB which means 100 yds rushing is worth more than 200yds passing and 1 rushing td in worth more than a passing td.

You can't say the 2t rushes last game were a fluke.

it's not hype it's a bet on the volume that his legs will get. 

Volume is a fantasy managers best friend

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oakland Raiders at Baltimore Ravens (1 p.m. ET)

Key matchup: Can the Raiders defend Lamar Jackson's speed?

In a game-script that is almost unheard of in the modern NFL, Baltimore called just 19 pass attempts on 73 plays in Lamar Jackson's first start. The Ravens went 74 percent run-heavy! For reference, the league has been about 60 percent pass-heavy this season. In general, Jackson did not do much on his passes (150, 1 INT, 70.1 passer rating), but he turned his enormous 27 carries into 117 yards on the ground. Per Next Gen Stats, Jackson reached 15-plus MPH on 14 rush attempts while no other player has hit 15-plus MPH on more than nine rush attempts in any game this season:

Lamar Jackson reached 15+ MPH on 14 rush attempts in his first career NFL start. No other player has reached 15+ MPH on more than 9 rush attempts in any game this season.#CINvsBAL #RavensFlock pic.twitter.com/vVOofcSy1q

��� Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) November 18, 2018
Not only is the slowest defense in the NFL ill-equipped to deal with Jackson's speed, but the flashy rookie also showed a little promise when throwing from a clean pocket in his debut last week. Per Next Gen Stats, Jackson averaged a robust 9.4 YPA when he was not pressured in his debut. No team pressures the quarterback less often than the Raiders (16.5 percent).

Graham Barfield @ NFL.com

Locked and loaded.

Edited by KRB80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Brady or Lamar Jackson this weekend?

Lamar Jackson now and forever

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dashoe said:

it's not really hype because he is a running QB which means 100 yds rushing is worth more than 200yds passing and 1 rushing td in worth more than a passing td.

You can't say the 2t rushes last game were a fluke.

it's not hype it's a bet on the volume that his legs will get. 

Volume is a fantasy managers best friend

While all this is true...i think there's certainly a fair bit of 'hype' attached purely because Lamar Jackson is fun as hell to watch and a ton of people have been supporting and watching him in awe since college. He's very likeable and just being named starter he suddenly made an otherwise mind numbingly boring Ravens team interesting.

• Thanks 2

This is the week IMO. First showed glimpses of his ceiling but also his potentially very low floor. Last week with two TDs and he's a top 5 QB. Last week without the unsustainably high rushing attempts and he's waiver fodder. 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is the week IMO. First showed glimpses of his ceiling but also his potentially very low floor. Last week with two TDs and he's a top 5 QB. Last week without the unsustainably high rushing attempts and he's waiver fodder. 

You just seen his floor. Chances he doesn't get any TDS again is slim.

• Like 1

I made just a few little missteps on free-agent Wednesday this week and, long story short, he's the only QB on my roster right now heading into the playoffs, and the streamer options are suddenly not great ...

8 hours ago, TTRA1N said:

You just seen his floor. Chances he doesn't get any TDS again is slim.

2+ TD's Sunday.

• Like 1

Hoping that I made the right decision sticking with Lamar and not going after Jameis.  Every ranking site I see has Jameis as a top 6 or 7 play.  Lamar needs to put the pigskin in the end zone or it's going to be a really frustrating day.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Hoping that I made the right decision sticking with Lamar and not going after Jameis.  Every ranking site I see has Jameis as a top 6 or 7 play.  Lamar needs to put the pigskin in the end zone or it's going to be a really frustrating day.

I did the same - been there done that w/Jameis. Dude is absolute trash. 

If jackson sucks he has an excuse. Jameis is a fail in life and football.

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

I did the same - been there done that w/Jameis. Dude is absolute trash. 

If jackson sucks he has an excuse. Jameis is a fail in life and football.

Regardless he shouldn't shy away from opening up Jameis' Crab Shack if he washes out.  Gold mine.

5 minutes ago, slowride said:

Regardless he shouldn't shy away from opening up Jameis' Crab Shack if he washes out.  Gold mine.

If J-Dub's lawyer isn't already telling him this you ought to contact him as part of a hostile take-over.

His rushing floor alone is gona get you 8-10 points lmao. Figure he gives you 150 yards of passing(thats underselling) you got 6 points right there.  A pass td and a rush td vs the worst defense in the league is not out of reality. That’s another 10 right there.  You’re looking at 26 points right there and that’s if he doesn’t completely go off.  You gota be kidding me with the he’s not that great of a play talk 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrismikayla said:

I’m starting him over Wentz this week because he’s in a good spot and the Eagles offense is trending in the wrong direction 

How exactly is it trending in the wrong direction? The two games before he had 286 and 360 yards passing with 5 total passing TD’s.

i too am in the same situation with Jackson/Wentz but if I start Lamar it will be to the opponent he’s playing.

I desperately want to trot him out there, but I've got Luck so I can't do something that moronic.  Hoping he destroys it for you guys and my bench.

The problem with his production is his value as a QB is very limited. Yes, its the Raiders, but will be actually get a TD? Cause that’s the stat that actually matters 

On 11/23/2018 at 3:28 PM, pushaZ said:

You don't win titles by thinking about floors.

Good luck not paying attention to floor.