Geaux Saints

Royce Freeman 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, Power-O said:

I will let you know 2nite but he isnt fast...but his catching, stiff arm, and pass blocking are all within good ranges for a rb

If his speed is in the 85 range this dude can't do s---, you need 90 speed to even consider playing a RB on Madden, anything below just gets tackled by linebackers from behind everytime.  

Stephen Davis of the Panthers had 87 speed and I routinely subbed DeShaun Foster and his 92 speed in for better results.  

Madden may have had the writing on the wall the entire time!

Edited by Zak0221

On the football guys podcast yesterday, Lamey said he asked the HC if he will be moving Lindsay up the depth chart and he said No and he will stay #3 on the depth chart

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

On the football guys podcast yesterday, Lamey said he asked the HC if he will be moving Lindsay up the depth chart and he said No and he will stay #3 on the depth chart

He also said he'll play the Hot Hand so depth chart doesn't really mean anything other than optics.  Lindsay is 3rd leading rusher, lol, after two weeks so i'm sure he will be heavily involved.  Also Lindsay got redzone carries which is bad for Freeman.  If the scenario gets set up at the 1 yard line however I think it's obviously going to be Freeman as we saw against Oakland (1 score and 1 time stuffed).  So Freeman remains a goal line, TD dependent back with 1st downs sprinkled in as well.  

Edited by nosh0t

9 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

I guess the depth chart doesn’t mean much to the Denver HC. 

could be a political move....they drafted freeman...lindsay is an undrafted rookie...probably doing it to make elway look good 

2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

could be a political move....they drafted freeman...lindsay is an undrafted rookie...probably doing it to make elway look good 

I think it's more that they don't want to break Freeman's spirit so soon.  But if things keep going the way they are, they'll have to do it at some point.

13 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

He also said he'll play the Hot Hand so depth chart doesn't really mean anything other than optics.  Lindsay is 3rd leading rusher, lol, after two weeks so i'm sure he will be heavily involved.  Also Lindsay got redzone carries which is bad for Freeman.  If the scenario gets set up at the 1 yard line however I think it's obviously going to be Freeman as we saw against Oakland (1 score and 1 time stuffed).  So Freeman remains a goal line, TD dependent back with 1st downs sprinkled in as well.  

I think it’s worth noting that Lindsay got the 2nd and goal carry that got them to the 1, where Freeman was stuffed on 3 and goal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RJRJRJ said:

I think it's more that they don't want to break Freeman's spirit so soon.  But if things keep going the way they are, they'll have to do it at some point.

Probably a little bit of both.

This situation is annoying me.  I drafted Freeman but have picked up Lindsay.  I just want one of them to emerge so I can drop the other guy.  I'm not sure it'll happen though.

I'm giving this a couple more weeks but I may need to drop or try to trade one of these guys as bye weeks roll in.

I think towards the second half of the season they'll try and lean on him more to try and wear down some teams, but being a rookie he may hit the wall himself with a heavier workload. I can promise you guys a TD this week though since I'm against him and batting a perfect streak of allowing literally every single one of my opponents players a TD for two weeks straight. After that you guys are on your own. 

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

According to some Denver local, he is as slow as molasss. 

Yep, 4.54 speed at 230 lbs is slow as molasses.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryedog87 said:

He'll come on soon. Lindsay is good but he's more of a 3rd down back. Freeman is gore 2.0

I am stashing him biding my time. I have two horses who can fill in while I wait for him to take center stage. 

1 hour ago, yahyahtrick said:

I think it’s worth noting that Lindsay got the 2nd and goal carry that got them to the 1, where Freeman was stuffed on 3 and goal. 

I mentioned that he got red zone carries :)  - which that was one of - only mean if it somehow ended up at the 1 yard line (let's say passer interference or like that happened with Lindsay - i'd guess RF will vulture)

Watched the game.  Not at all worried. 

Work split is Freeman has early downs, Lindsay is passing situations, Booker is 2 minute drill guy. 

Lindsay got a bunch of extra touches in the first half vs OAK because Denver was getting stuffed on first downs.  Second half that changed and Freeman played a much bigger role.  He ran inside and outside, ran passing routes more often than expected, did well in pass-pro, and continually had the Raiders biting on play action fakes.  Freeman had an exceptional play on 3rd and 1 when the Raiders run-blitzed and had him dead to rights in the backfield.  Freeman put a move on that guy and got the first.  Eye-popping play.

Bottom line is that most of the season should look like the second half of that game and not the first.  Lindsay can do some things, but he's not anything close to a between the tackles runner.  Booker is doing next to nothing and it's hard to see why he would continue to get work.  I expect to see Lindsay take over the 2 minute drill job and Freeman get more work in passing situations.

This is headed to a conventional Thunder and Lightning split. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jspeed said:

This is headed to a conventional Thunder and Lightning split. 

But he was drafted as a bell cow, Elway even said so...

1 hour ago, yahyahtrick said:

On on one 4th quarter series Lindsay got a couple of cracks in the red-zone, Freeman got a shot, and then Lindsay came back in and split out wide while Case Keenum ran in for a TD. 

Freeman was doing well at that time and Lindsay hadn't done much in a while.  I think it was done more to play fast (the Broncos were trying to tire the Raiders out) and to be a little unpredictable.  Based on the rest of the game you would definitely have expected Freeman to get those carries.

Lindsay is the first undrafted rookie in NFL history to have 100+ yards from scrimmage in the first two games of his professional career. 

It doesn't seem like the coaches are in any hurry to bench him.

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Freeman has the skills, but it probably doesn't make sense if they have a capable 3rd down guy ... which it looks like Lindsay is.

But I think it's important to note that Freeman is a complete RB.  He's fast enough to get outside, strong enough to move the pile, and can catch well enough to be a threat in the passing game. 

Edited by jspeed

6 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Everyone in the beginning of this thread tried to warn you otherwise

3 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Freeman has the skills, but it probably doesn't make sense if they have a capable 3rd down guy ... which it looks like Lindsay is.

Totally agree, I am just making the relevant fantasy football point here in that he was drafted with Lindsay not even being in people's minds.

So its incredibly frustrating to see it already Thunder/Lightning 2 weeks in. 

Edited by Zak0221

1 minute ago, jspeed said:

Lindsay is such a great 3rd down guy they've started using him on 1st and 2nd downs as well. 

• Haha 3

Just now, lolcopter said:

Everyone in the beginning of this thread tried to warn you otherwise

I didnt draft this guy :P I dont trust the Bronco's RBs.  

31 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Lindsay can do some things, but he's not anything close to a between the tackles runner.

Except that he's doing exactly that, and he's doing it well.

• Like 4