Rolling Thunder

Ronald Jones 2018 Outlook

This thread has made Barber a bargain buy in a lot of leagues.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Doubt that. Barber has made Barber a bargain buy in a lot of leagues. This thread had no bearing on his value either good or bad.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Barber is garbage, with or without Jones.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dashoe said:

Listen I get you're a Fitz For President guy who is giddy with his 3 game performance and you don't want Jameis to start but you  are truly lost if you don't understand haw jameis talent opens up this offense moreso than Fitzpatricks. 

You do know  the term mobile QB does not EQUAL one who has more rushing yards?

Geez what do they teach you guys in fantasy school these days? :lol:

this is incredible. I've never seen such blockheadedness...the offense was as open as is possible. Jameis can't move at all, he's hard to bring down like Big Ben but you are talking about some sort of offensive play where the defense accounts for Jameis running lol? when the passing game is playing at essentially never seen before in the NFL levels, the offense is open. simple as that. if you don't understand that, you don't understand a single thing about football

11 hours ago, RoboFroogs said:

I am not Winston fan, but Fitz is and always will be the guy who looks great for 2-3 weeks then is absolute trash the rest of the time. He can't read a defense to save his life and once the defense adjusts it's game over. With him it's basically throw the ball deep regardless of whether or not the guy is open. When it works, he looks like a god and when it doesn't work he ends up with 150 yards and 4 picks. Winston is miles better than Fitz in every way on the field.

Defenses pretty much always play Fitz the same way; dare him to throw. It's why he always looks so good for a few games because sometimes he beats the defense but most of the time he doesn't. They can't dare Winston to throw because Winston will torch them more often than not. That should open up the run game for whoever ends up being the RB there. Maybe they still can't run, but Winston coming back should make the team better on offense.

there is no way defenses were daring him to throw after the first series of the season. the team literally cannot get better on offense, it's an insane asylum in here: no QB ever was performing at a higher level than Fitz and you guys think Jameis Winston, who has been mediocre throughout his career, is going to make defenses respect the pass? 

some complete stupidity. it's fine to think Jameis might be a better player, but he will never play better than Fitz was playing in weeks 1-3, defenses were not crowding the box daring them to throw when he was playing at an unseen level ever

Is Fitz still a thing? I thought he was a clipboard holder now. Sorry if that offends some. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

13 minutes ago, hines said:

it's fine to think Jameis might be a better player, but he will never play better than Fitz was playing in weeks 1-3

Unfortunately neither will Fitzy, he was already regressing to the mean when he was pulled.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Red Dog said:

Unfortunately neither will Fitzy, he was already regressing to the mean when he was pulled.

of course not, but the idea that Winston will come in and jumpstart some stagnant offense is comical in it's blockheadedness. the Bucs offense was literally the story of the season at first and people in here are acting like they are the Cowboys...like they had 1300 yards of passing in 3 games or something historic

1 hour ago, devaster said:

He’s like a week old gas station sushi on clearance. For most it’s never have and never will. For some it’s once and never again. But I suppose there’s always a few that enjoy it since it’s a thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

He’s like a week old gas station sushi on clearance. For most it’s never have and never will. For some it’s once and never again. But I suppose there’s always a few that enjoy it since it’s a thing. 

Image result for throwing up gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, hines said:

this is incredible. I've never seen such blockheadedness...the offense was as open as is possible. Jameis can't move at all, he's hard to bring down like Big Ben but you are talking about some sort of offensive play where the defense accounts for Jameis running lol? when the passing game is playing at essentially never seen before in the NFL levels, the offense is open. simple as that. if you don't understand that, you don't understand a single thing about football

Jamesis is a better Qb than Fitz, better QB,s give the OC more options, more options with a better QB equals opening up more of the offense

Once again you keep confusing rushing with mobility a 24yr QB is more mobile than a 35yr old  but keep fighting the Fitz fight bro. . . stand by your man:lol:

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

The best advice I can give anyone here is to completely ignore this situation and start no one in this backfield this week.

Whoever starts is the "nominal starter" - makes not a damn of difference. We need to see who - if anyone - actually produces. Just wait and see. I do expect to see the running game be better, but that's only because it couldn't be worse. It's been nonexistent through 4 weeks. What kind of impact Winston - who has been thoroughly outplayed by journeyman Fitzpatrick (who set NFL records in his 4-game stint) - will have on the running game is a very open question that simply requires watching this game against a horrible defense to determine.

I've been accused in this thread of owning Barber, which is patently false if you'd actually bothered to read the thread - the whole thread. In any event - I don't care if Koetter said he's slating Jones for 40 carries Sunday - he's on my bench.

You are a very desperate man to start any RB for the Bucs until they've produced something - anything.

40 carries at 3ypc is 120 yards just saying...

8 hours ago, hines said:

there is no way defenses were daring him to throw after the first series of the season. the team literally cannot get better on offense, it's an insane asylum in here: no QB ever was performing at a higher level than Fitz and you guys think Jameis Winston, who has been mediocre throughout his career, is going to make defenses respect the pass? 

some complete stupidity. it's fine to think Jameis might be a better player, but he will never play better than Fitz was playing in weeks 1-3, defenses were not crowding the box daring them to throw when he was playing at an unseen level ever

My man, I have been watching Fitz for YEARS and they do dare him to throw because he's a replacement level QB. How do you explain his random big games among multiple trash games whenever he starts? This year his 2-3 big games happened to be the first two weeks. Fitz is a bad QB. He's always been this way going back to his Buffalo days. You are being ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, devaster said:

He was dropped in both my leagues and sitting there free for the taking so I would say so. Nobody wants him

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

He was dropped in both my leagues and sitting there free for the taking so I would say so. Nobody wants him

Not without reason. If I needed a RB as a desperation play this week I would take him and play him. But at this point the upside is with RoJo and the small chance he lives up to his draft hype. But there is a real chance that this backfield is just not fantasy relevant for most games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Agree that Barber is trash, but he’s owned 32 percent in Yahoo and Jones is only 30 so I think it’s clear that for now, the general fantasy community wants no part of this backfield. 

1 minute ago, Josh GODon said:

Agree that Barber is trash, but he’s owned 32 percent in Yahoo and Jones is only 30 so I think it’s clear that for now, the general fantasy community wants no part of this backfield. 

Jones will be keeping my bench warm until he can prove he can be reliable (if ever).. maybe in 3 weeks?

Edited by oresteszero
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josh GODon said:

That just tells me it's clear that there are way too many office leagues with novice owners who really don't know crap. If you weigh the value of a player by ownership rates, you will always be behind. Do you really believe those ownership rates would remain the same if Jones gets the majority of the carries and has a productive game?

What will happen at the point is a mad dash for that player and good luck using your FAAB budget or hoping that you are in position on the wire to get him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

That just tells me it's clear that there are way too many office leagues with novice owners who really don't know crap. If you weigh the value of a player by ownership rates, you will always be behind. Do you really believe those ownership rates would remain the same if Jones gets the majority of the carries and has a productive game?

What will happen at the point is a mad dash for that player and good luck using your FAAB budget or hoping that you are in position on the wire to get him.

Yeah, I mean look what happened with Wendall Smallwood/Clement. People were spending 70% of their FAAB on them when at the very least Clement should have been owned in competitive leagues because of the injury chance to Ajayi and Sproles. I think you can make the same argument for guys like RoJo, Chubb, and Marlon Mack who may or may not be on waivers in the majority of leagues. Right NOW the outlook is grim but you never really know who's going to be the next guy to breakout. If RoJo is that guy, you look like a genius for stashing him. If he sucks then you can drop him for the next stash. The idea is to be ahead of the curb by a game or two with these guys.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

I don't typically care about ownership rates at all.  I just happened to look them up because a poster said that it's clear no one wants Barber (and thus that he's worthless) because he's unowned in his league. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Still projected a zero on Yahoo 

Must have just updated it.  Shows 6.19 now.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Still projected a zero on Yahoo 

Well Yahoo had Nyheim Hines for 6 points last week and I said they were absolute morons. They don’t look very far into the situation.

Edited by MrPositive