Rolling Thunder

Ronald Jones 2018 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I added Barber this week over R Jones. If I didn’t get Barber it would have been Chubbs a real lotto ticket. Jones will be lucky to get 6 touches. Not worth rostering at all, ROS tough schedule and Barber is better.

He got more than that BEFORE the bye in his first game active..

• Like 2

Barber is not the answer. Rojo may or may not be the answer. This is why rojo is the pickup.

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

Barber is not the answer. Rojo may or may not be the answer. This is why rojo is the pickup.

Barber is the answer if TB doesn't hand him the ball when he is basically being tackled already in the backfield or on predictable run plays.  Rojo is overrated.

33 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Barber is the answer if TB doesn't hand him the ball when he is basically being tackled already in the backfield or on predictable run plays.  Rojo is overrated.

Can people that own Barber stop infiltrating the Jones thread with bologney? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 possibilities:

1. Offensive line and play calling as well as game script will prevent any Bucs RB.

2. Barber is used better and o line performs better and he becomes the back those drafting him thought.

3. Jones with 5 weeks of regular season to learn after a tough preseason figures things out better and his explosiveness shines and he takes the lead role with Barber as COP and short yardage back. 

I think where Jones will shine is with 1 or 2 big runs a game. So say he gets 12 to14 carries. He might make 50 yards on 2 of them and 20 yards on the other 10. With Bucs offensive line, this might be the better outcome than Barber getting 3 to 4 YPC but no explosive plays. 

I drafted Barber, because he did decently late last year, and the offseason coverage of rojo was as negative as any I had ever seen. He hasn't run well. They haven't blocked well. But ultimately I don't see barber being better than a 50 to 80 yard guy.

Its going to start clicking for rojo at some point this season or it wont. But i know it isnt happening with.barber.

Barber is not the answer.

5 hours ago, kencav said:

Face it Barber owners....your time is over!

Its.......RoJo time.

barber's coach - the one who actually decides who plays and when they play - has said otherwise. 

Other than that - everything you've said about the "RoJo time" thing is spot on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

barber's coach - the one who actually decides who plays and when they play - has said otherwise. 

Other than that - everything you've said about the "RoJo time" thing is spot on.

Barber definitely has a chance to keep the starting role, for many reasons. It doesnt change thr fact that he will not be special, and will be mediocre. Rojo has a chance to be special.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:16 AM, RoboFroogs said:

My man, I have been watching Fitz for YEARS and they do dare him to throw because he's a replacement level QB. How do you explain his random big games among multiple trash games whenever he starts? This year his 2-3 big games happened to be the first two weeks. Fitz is a bad QB. He's always been this way going back to his Buffalo days. You are being ridiculous.

you honestly think that defenses were just packing the box against him because he is bad? he played like the best QB in history for 2 games and you think at no point did anyone think "hey maybe we should play the pass". but now that marginally above replacement Jameis is in (who is actually less mobile) defenses will suddenly leave super light boxes?

how are there real people saying such nonsense. Jones may run well but it's not because defenses were packing the box as Fitz passed better than any player in history on them

On 10/12/2018 at 7:29 AM, dashoe said:

Jamesis is a better Qb than Fitz, better QB,s give the OC more options, more options with a better QB equals opening up more of the offense

Once again you keep confusing rushing with mobility a 24yr QB is more mobile than a 35yr old  but keep fighting the Fitz fight bro. . . stand by your man:lol:

this is impossible that you are this thick. Jameis may be better, but there is no possible way the offense can be opened up more than it was the first 3 games. how do you not understand this. were you not awake those weeks? here you go, this is called an open offense. unless you think Jameis will throw for 500 per game while averaging 15 per attempt, then your posts make sense. otherwise they are some of most infantile thinking you'll see hereimage.png.c3c9d6bb64793fe975bcca1615fc1a87.png

2 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Barber definitely has a chance to keep the starting role, for many reasons. It doesnt change thr fact that he will not be special, and will be mediocre. Rojo has a chance to be special.

While it makes logical sense this post ignores the fact that Jones has been brutal since he became a member of the Bucs. 

As I mentioned earlier Barber has actually contributed to the winning of games for the Bucs. Jones has been stuck in quicksand since preseason.

At the very least it would be considered a "miraculous outcome" were Jones to unseat Barber in light of these facts. 

Yes I admit it I just want to be told again how I must own Barber even though that is not true. I own Jones and the simple matter of fact is we need to see more action, particularly with Winston at QB, before any remotely plausible conclusions can be drawn about either of these backs.

Just now, hines said:

this is impossible that you are this thick. Jameis may be better, but there is no possible way the offense can be opened up more than it was the first 3 games. how do you not understand this. were you not awake those weeks? here you go, this is called an open offense. unless you think Jameis will throw for 500 per game while averaging 15 per attempt, then your posts make sense. otherwise they are some of most infantile thinking you'll see hereimage.png.c3c9d6bb64793fe975bcca1615fc1a87.png

That kind of fitzmagic isn't sustainable.

Just some final pixy dust.

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

While it makes logical sense this post ignores the fact that Jones has been brutal since he became a member of the Bucs. 

As I mentioned earlier Barber has actually contributed to the winning of games for the Bucs. Jones has been stuck in quicksand since preseason.

At the very least it would be considered a "miraculous outcome" were Jones to unseat Barber in light of these facts. 

Yes I admit it I just want to be told again how I must own Barber even though that is not true. I own Jones and the simple matter of fact is we need to see more action, particularly with Winston at QB, before any remotely plausible conclusions can be drawn about either of these backs.

Sometimes with rookies, they look awful and then all of a sudden they start crushing it. My point is barber has a firm ceiling, with rojo the sky is the limit. Or he might straight up suck. Id rather have that risk/reward than 49 yards and occasionally a td.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

Sometimes with rookies, they look awful and then all of a sudden they start crushing it. My point is barber has a firm ceiling, with rojo the sky is the limit. Or he might straight up suck. Id rather have that risk/reward than 49 yards and occasionally a td.

I agree completely - RoJo is the own in this backfield considering the circumstances.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:53 AM, Experienced Rookie said:

You don't think Ronald Jones is better than Barber?

You know who disagrees with you?  The TB front office.  I'm guessing they might know a few more things about Barber than you do.  It's not like they spent a 4th round pick on a RB.  They went early in the 2nd round to get their guy.  Unless he's Bishop Sankey, this kid is getting work.

Throwback Saturday

7 hours ago, hines said:

Nice cut and paste that supports zero of your argument, as my clever teenage nephew says "this ain't it chief" :lol:

8 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Fake news my friend......RoJo is the future Barber is the past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Wait what? How!? He has the worst ypc of any starting running back in the NFL and has 2! Catches. He’s done absolutely nothing to help them win those 2 games. Secondly, who seriously cheers against their own player? Why do you even own him then? Why are you even playing fantasy football dogging your own prospects? Lol

Regardless, the Bucs didn’t drop a 36th selection on an rb to watch Barber run it 2.9 ypc. I’m sure Rojo can accomplish that feat.

Edited by TennisDude

4 minutes ago, philnutz said:

He's excellent pass blocking

Then he will be in to pass block....

Are you in a 1 point per pass block (PPPB) League?

• Haha 2

Ronald Jones v. Peyton Barber.

I think the debate will be over today. No sequel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Ronald Jones v. Peyton Barber.

I think the debate will be over today. No sequel.

That would be great.