the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

6 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

This is spot on.  If there's a game where the Lions are playing catch up/hurry up and Kerryon is getting the snaps then we can start celebrating.  Until then... it's way too premature to call Riddick's drop in usage a "trend" based on a game that the Lion's lead the entire game and tried to keep Brady off the field.

I'm excited for the kid, he looks great out there and I believe opens up a lot of things for the Lion's offense... that said I'll believe it when I see it and not before.

Genuine question because I can’t remember, was Reggie the 3rd down/catch up back the season he was also the primary lead back? 

6 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Genuine question because I can’t remember, was Reggie the 3rd down/catch up back the season he was also the primary lead back? 

He had 54 receptions that year in 2013 when had over 1,000 yards rushing, but he must have been splitting passing downs with Joqiue Bell who had 53 receptions that year. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Reggie was the primary lead and the hurry up/two minute back but Bell mixed in plenty and was generally the short yardage/goal line back.

• Like 1

Lions were top five PFF Offensive line last week. 

Starting Lineup:

Left Tackle:  Taylor Decker , 68.0
Left Guard: Frank Ragnow, 58.5
Center: Graham
 Glasgow , 63.9
Right Guard: T.J. Lang, 73.3
Right Tackle: Rick Wagner, 76.5

The Lions have been extremely up and down so far this season, but this past week’s performance showed exactly what this offensive line is capable of. They allowed all of five pressures on 40 pass-block snaps against the Patriots and opened up holes for their first 100-yard rusher since 2013.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mar1kle said:

Starting Lineup:

Glasgow , 63.9

The Lions have been extremely up and down so far this season, but this past week’s performance showed exactly what this offensive line is capable of. They allowed all of five pressures on 40 pass-block snaps against the Patriots and opened up holes for their first 100-yard rusher since 2013.

As long as the other team doesn't know their plays this team can move the ball. With their weapons on the outside and Stafford's reputation as a gun slinger when they're in the shotgun teams no choice but to spread out. All the o-line has to do is get a little push and Kerryon can find room. 

45 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

As long as the other team doesn't know their plays this team can move the ball. With their weapons on the outside and Stafford's reputation as a gun slinger when they're in the shotgun teams no choice but to spread out. All the o-line has to do is get a little push and Kerryon can find room. 

Right. Lions have been talented and dangerous under Schwartz/Caldwell but were painfully predictable. It’s looking like Patricia at least has some sense of variability and unpredictability which makes DET super dangerous not just as a come from behind team. And KJ is part of that variability - Blount and Riddick are giveaways when they’re on the field and Riddick should be preserved for obvious passing downs.

You can throw to Blount, but he’s probably fumbling the catch, moving backwards 3 yards, and barely getting back to the line by the time the D reacts. He’s good in limited situations and that’s it. And from what I’ve seen this year so far he’s continued to lose a step.

I'm diploying him this week with confidence. Don't overthink this one. He's trending up and contrary to what's actually occurred the last five years, they need a run attack to grease the wheels and now they have the right piece.

Rolling him out this week since McCaffery is on bye. Not totally comfortable with it - I think his real breakout is still a week or two away. That said like posters mentioned above he is trending up and the coaches might actually realize he's the key to a balanced offense and taking some of the pressure off Stafford. Hoping by years end he's one of the steals of the draft. 

2 hours ago, mar1kle said:

Starting Lineup:

Glasgow , 63.9

That's a loaded offensive line if they stay healthy. Great job by the FO working hard to improve it the last few years. 

20 minutes ago, volcomstone said:

Just traded for him as I feel like many that he’s trending upwards and ready to breakout.

Welcome

1 minute ago, Squidward said:

What should we expect today against the Cowgirls?

Thats better.

sean lee is out, if you have no other options i think Kerryon has big day today.

On 9/29/2018 at 10:02 AM, P@ckersFan said:

https://twitter.com/JDnumba3/status/1044022259864809473/video/1

(not sure why I can't get it to embed) 

You can here the Patriots player say, "it's a toss!"  Blount still managed to get away.

Last week was a testament to how awful the Pats D is.  If this team STILL hasn't fixed the audibles since week 1 when the Jets were doing it, they are going to run into problems when they face a half competent D again.

1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

Thats better.

sean lee is out, if you have no other options i think Kerryon has big day today.

Assuming rational coaching behavior prevails, of course. That's really the only major question about KJ in the first place though.

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

https://twitter.com/JDnumba3/status/1044022259864809473/video/1

(not sure why I can't get it to embed) 

You can here the Patriots player say, "it's a toss!"  Blount still managed to get away.

Last week was a testament to how awful the Pats D is.  If this team STILL hasn't fixed the audibles since week 1 when the Jets were doing it, they are going to run into problems when they face a half competent D again.

Completely true...Pats D (esp the backers) are trash. But the Cowboys wo Lee aren’t much better.

Vegas has Kerryon at 52.5 rushing yards...pretty optimistic for an RBBC that still hasn’t proven much yet. I like that over and am hopeful for 100 total yards (30 in the air) and his first ever TD as a catch and run. Fire him up, let’s get disappointed.

• Like 1

I’m benching him in my flex spot (either Godwin or Ekeler will go there)

- still 50/50

- Pats rush d isn’t good (DAL is decent)

I have the luxury of going Boyd over Kerryon (did the opposite last week, still won).

Don't hate him against the Cowboys, though it's a little less exciting that Lee is out because they have an actual replacement for him this year (Vander Esch).  Dallas D, better than reputed, is strong on the edges but much less so up the middle.

I love his outlook ROS.  Should become a 60-70% share guy soon.

5 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I have the luxury of going Boyd over Kerryon.

I'm doing the same thing in one of my leagues. I think we're a couple weeks away before Kerryon starts getting the lion's share of the carries. We need Blount to be phased out more before we can rely on 60+ yards per game on the ground.

5 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Sell high?

One or two more games like this and they’re going to phase Blount out of the offense.  He’s going to be this year’s David Johnson.

• Like 1

Didn't get the touches we'd like, but he made the most of them.

And I think he concussed Heath on that TD run. 

Coaches have to like what they're seeing more and more. 

I think this is the type of game we see all year...Blount and Riddick are going no where anytime soon and Jim Bob likes to rotate his backs. He will have good weeks when he scores and meh weeks when he does not. Nothing in the this game suggests they are going to bench Blount or Riddick

• Like 1

Take Kerryons points

Add Blounts points

Then multiply Blounts points by 2 since Kerryon is more effective

Then add a TD per game

Also multiply by 1.25 since they should be more balanced on the run moving forward.

That's how you should calculate his trade value.

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

I think this is the type of game we see all year...Blount and Riddick are going no where anytime soon and Jim Bob likes to rotate his backs. He will have good weeks when he scores and meh weeks when he does not. Nothing in the this game suggests they are going to bench Blount or Riddick

Blount not going anywhere huh

Let's see if you'll be posting on this forum by Halloween

*Remind me 10/31*