the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

14 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Blount not going anywhere huh

Let's see if you'll be posting on this forum by Halloween

*Remind me 10/31*

Exactly. He the same guy who said Blount will dominate this backfield by week 3?

• Haha 1

Not saying i don’t like the dude but I feel like lions are the type of team to not run the ball a lot and he doesn’t seem to catch a lot of passes so I don’t get the David Johnson comparison

i expect him to overtake Blount but hopefully lions don’t go back to ignoring the running game

He still needs to prove himself to coaching staff... 6 upcoming isn’t high enough for fat Patricia 

Over the last 2 games:

Kerryon Johnson: 25 carries = 165 yards

LaGarrette Blount: 23 carries = 60 yards

I kind of trust the coaches to react to this accordingly in the next week and boys, then it begins.

• Like 1

What happened, early in the game he had like 40 yards or something then they just went away from him? 

1 minute ago, Jaw1 said:

What happened, early in the game he had like 40 yards or something then they just went away from him? 

Their offensive coordinator wears his pants on his head and doesn’t know what establishing a run game is.  Which is hilarious because they just lost to a team with no offensive weapons other than a monster RB.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Why do you need Blount when Kerryon can do the same thing he does?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

should be good high floor start each week moving forward, but limited ceiling for as long as Riddick and Blount are around.  it could be a lot worse at this point in the year i'll take what i can get

3 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Idk if Blount can even do that anymore. Been awhile since I've seen him run someone over like that. This kid needs the ball more. 

Just now, Jaw1 said:

Idk if Blount can even do that anymore. Been awhile since I've seen him run someone over like that. This kid needs the ball more. 

like last year? he's definitely not as good as he was but he had some insane runs last year.

1 minute ago, Jaw1 said:

Despite game film like this, the split is still almost 50/50 on carries. Again, the Lions have to let Stafford audible out of running plays since they pay him so much

• Haha 1

I'm wishing for more work like everyone else here,  but with Patricia coming from the Belichick coaching tree, I can't help but think the Lions want to go about it the same way. Hoping for the best though.

9 minutes ago, meekzy said:

like last year? he's definitely not as good as he was but he had some insane runs last year.

I stand corrected. Some great footwork once he gets to the 2nd level although I imagine on the Lions it isn't quite as easy to get there as it was on the Eagles. 

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Lawd have mercy, Heath was clocked out and went home. Lol 

• Like 1

I don't understand.

He put up 40 yards on the first drive.

Didn't even get a carry until 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, 10giz said:

I don't understand.

I don’t post here often. But I truly don’t understand it either. This can’t continue because they lost again. If they had won I could see them gradually increasing Johnson’s usage. Assuming they want to win I think (hopefully) they see if he can handle a lot of carries this upcoming week. 

He’s the most talented rookie RB and by far the most talented on his team and has 3 down potential. On an incredibly potent offense. This is league winning material weeks 8+. I’d advising against selling. Maybe not start worthy yet if you have RB depth but he will be.

4 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

He’s the most talented rookie RB and by far the most talented on his team and has 3 down potential. On an incredibly potent offense. This is league winning material weeks 8+. I’d advising against selling. Maybe not start worthy yet if you have RB depth but he will be.

Um.. he's no doubt talented, but he's not the most talented rookie running back.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Um.. he's no doubt talented, but he's not the most talented rookie running back.  

Forgot Saquon existed for a second....LoL

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 10giz said:

I don't understand.

LOLions game plan is to let Stafford pass pass pass...been that way for almost a decade

13 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

LOLions game plan is to let Stafford pass pass pass...been that way for almost a decade

You keep saying that. Nobody in here cares any more. Give it a rest. 

He's is going to be a stud. That redzone run was ridiculous.

Riddick will continue to be involved, but Blounts day's are numbered. Probably going to take a 3-4 weeks though

7 hours ago, USWAY said:

He's is going to be a stud. That redzone run was ridiculous.

Riddick will continue to be involved, but Blounts day's are numbered. Probably going to take a 3-4 weeks though

I wish I could be that certain about Blount's usage.

I just don't see it though.  Jim Bob potentially ruined Abdullah because of his insistence on playing Zach Zenner, Dwayne Washington, Tion Green etc...  Maybe he's learned but I doubt it.  Lions CS love the RB personnel, ALL of them and ALL of their versatility.

Also... everyone saw how Blount reacted in Pittsburgh when he wasn't getting enough playing time for his liking.  Him and Matty P are BFFs so that doesn't help either.

It would be the best thing for the Lions to get Kerryon in there and more involved in the pass because he's a do it all back and it would keep defenses on their heels.  But I don't think Riddick or Blount are going anywhere this year.   It just makes too much damn sense and in Detroit that counts for nothing.

-A Lions Fan

Never do you wish any player an injury, but I think a blount injury would open things up infinitely (if this is en english word).