the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

Just now, Chargers88 said:

I’m hoping lions trade Blount to patriots if Sony is done for year 

Would be epic. And actually makes a lot of sense for both parties 

I sold for Chubb...the yards are nice and he will get his in that respect but the lack of TDs with Blount vulturing capped his upside for me.

Good luck to everyone else!

20 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

These posts are aging quite well today.

Well pat gave him touches...Blount still owns the goal line and ameer/riddick own passing downs. Kerryon looked clueless and Stafford yelled at him on a screen pass that I saw. Blount has a good day rushing as well so nothing to see here...yet

im looking to sell high

Edited by Dr. Whom

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Well pat gave him touches...Blount still owns the goal line and ameer/riddick own passing downs. Kerryon looked clueless and Stafford yelled at him on a screen pass that I saw. Blount has a good day rushing as well so nothing to see here...yet

bwahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahaha.  You're glasses are getting foggy again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marvin Suggs said:

Crazy this guy has 8th most rushing yards for a RB on the season. 

He has 68 carries for 445yds

Gurley has more than double the touches and only 221 yards more on the season. 

Not to mention all the RB's ahead of him.  None of them have had a bye yet like K. Johnson...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

im looking to sell high

Abdullah had 1 target the whole game, what are you talking about?  And selling him high now?  That's how you lose leagues.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kdko said:

Abdullah had 1 target the whole game, what are you talking about?  And selling him high now?  That's how you lose leagues.

Doesn't one target = owning the passing game?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, kdko said:

12 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Doesn't one target = owning the passing game?

Then Kerryon's 3 targets must be a monopoly

2 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

im looking to sell high

You're looking to sell high on a guy that is trending up? Alright pal. Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cincythunder said:

feed him! his ceiling is limited to RB2 but rise to RB1 without blount

I disagree that his ceiling is RB2.  Had he converted that GL touch into a TD he would have had 25-26 points in PPR.  AKA RB1.

Frustrating situation with Blount but hasn't stopped Kerryon from producing. Unfortunately, I think this is still a pass first team, if they didn't commit to using Kerryon more after beating the Patriots and him eclipsing the 100yd mark for the first time in a long time I'm not sure anything will convince them to use him more. Still can't bring myself to move him though, too much talent if something ever happened to Blount. 

They did give KJ a crack at a goaline TD from the 2, unfortunately when he didn't punch it in they gave it to Blount the very next play.  KJ will need to start converting those when he gets an opportunity or they will stop giving him chances.  I am still very happy I drafted this guy in both leagues and it looks like he may be the RB2 that I desperately need after J. Howard has become an afterthought in CHI.  

On 10/22/2018 at 10:22 AM, Dr. Whom said:

im looking to sell high

What round did you draft Blount in?

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, chief79 said:

They did give KJ a crack at a goaline TD from the 2, unfortunately when he didn't punch it in they gave it to Blount the very next play.  KJ will need to start converting those when he gets an opportunity or they will stop giving him chances.  I am still very happy I drafted this guy in both leagues and it looks like he may be the RB2 that I desperately need after J. Howard has become an afterthought in CHI.  

I would say if you look at the blocking Blount got KJ would have walk in himself instead of running in.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, krest509 said:

I would say if you look at the blocking Blount got KJ would have walk in himself instead of running in.

Scrolled down to say the exact same thing. Blount went in untouched.

Lot of people were claiming Kerryon to be a league winner. Sure is shaping up that way. He could be a Top 20 pick in 2019.

Stud!

• Like 1

Just now, cousinal111 said:

Lot of people were claiming Kerryon to be a league winner. Sure is shaping up that way. He could be a Top 20 pick in 2019.

Stud!

Just watching his highlights this year makes me agree with this.

Just now, cousinal111 said:

Stud!

From one game against a team that could not stop the run?

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

The Lions didn't have a 100 yard rusher for *years* regardless of opponent and now Kerryon has done it twice in four games while in a timeshare.  If they phase Blount out, which is still a big if, he could easily put up RB1 numbers in the back half of the season.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

The guy is averaging 6.4 YPC - that is pretty special regardless of who you are playing.

The Lions have been very one dimensional on offense for too many years to count - while they have a stud trio of WRs, having a one sided offense won't get you far.

They have invested a ton in the O-line and of course with the Kerryon draft pick.  With Patricia on board, he has been insisting that Cooter become more balanced on offense and you are seeing that.  Solid O-line and a passing offense that doesn't allow the defense to stack boxes, he will have favorably match-ups.

Blount will be here - there is no changing that so his upside is capped from a TD perspective but he was drafted in hopes that he would be a strong RB2 which is what we are seeing.