the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

He's locked in as a low-end RB1 in PPR leagues as long as Riddick is out.

Rough part of the schedule coming up with some solid run defenses so it would help mitigate his floor is Riddick continues to sit and KJ takes on majority of passing downs.  FYI - Riddick did not practice at all last week so we'll see how long that lasts.

35 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

But I thought AA would stroll in and take over all the passing work. 

I said it could happen.....show me where I said that WOULD happen. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

I said it could happen.....show me where I said that WOULD happen. :rolleyes:

Not even talking about you, relax.

Not a ton of room on the ground last week - wish they would use his edge speed more and bounce it to the outside.

He looks very dangerous catching the ball out of the backfield though...

• Like 3

Blount there to take the goalline and Riddick is back to take his passing...Stock pointing way down now

• Haha 1

I feel like we all keep talking about the fact that we can't wait for his second half league explosion yet here we are well into the second half and he's still fairly middling. I'd love to have this guy in my weekly starting lineup but right now he's still just depth. One rushing TD all year. 

Just now, timbrah_ho said:

I feel like we all keep talking about the fact that we can't wait for his second half league explosion yet here we are well into the second half and he's still fairly middling. I'd love to have this guy in my weekly starting lineup but right now he's still just depth. One rushing TD all year. 

Huh???  8wks done out of a 17wk season???

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

The fantasy regular season is only 14 weeks for most leagues.  We're more than halfway through.  Late-blooming guys who shine in Week 17 and the real-life playoffs don't do us any good.

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Oh I guess I consider the "Season" to be 13 weeks since if you don't make the playoffs who cares. Guy has 5 weeks left to prove he belongs in lineups otherwise do you really wanna trust someone with 1 TD on the year when it really counts? 

6 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

He's ranked 21st in a full PPR league and that is with a bye.  That is clearly RB2 territory.  A FLEX play at worst...

Blount had literally 4 touches last week - He's getting a nice workload.

The schedule is tough and there's talk of Riddick playing some slot so he should still get passing down work.

Edited by ludawg23
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, cnewbykkn said:

He's probably excluding playoffs, really not that hard to pick up. 

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

He's ranked 21st in a full PPR league and that is with a bye.  That is clearly RB2 territory.  A FLEX play at worst...

Blount had literally 4 touches last week - it's getting a nice workload.

The schedule is tough and there's talk of Riddick playing some slot so he should still get passing down work.

I hear ya, its just that at this point in the season unless you have destroyed your league so far pretty much every week is getting into must win territory. Hard to feel confident deploying this guy when every week feels like 60-90 and 0TDs 

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

He's probably excluding playoffs, really not that hard to pick up. 

Good point.  Some FF teams don't get to play in weeks 14-16/17.

Love this guy, but he was my 5th RB so I had to trade him away with Sanders to acquire Julio.  I hope the coaches decide to take the training wheels off and allow this kid to show his full potential.  Good luck to all of you Kerryon owners. 

How big of a hit does he take if Riddick plays? Dude clearly has 3 down skills, but we haven't seen them commit to him fully yet with the other 2 backs healthy. 

3 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Good point.  Some FF teams don't get to play in weeks 14-16/17.

Damn that sucks for ya’ll

1 hour ago, '71 Bucks said:

How big of a hit does he take if Riddick plays? Dude clearly has 3 down skills, but we haven't seen them commit to him fully yet with the other 2 backs healthy. 

six receptions last week might shrink to 1 or 2 but riddick shouldn't alter his carries. i think a bigger concern is danielle hunter, everson griffen (who's now playing, so recent D vs rush stats are eschewed), stephen weatherly, and linvel joseph. i don't like it. not one bit. and despite the lions desire to run, they might simply be forced to pass.

joseph_linval-1040x572.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2018 at 7:10 AM, ludawg23 said:

Blount had literally 4 touches last week - He's getting a nice workload.

Do you have a link to this? It makes a lot of sense to put Riddick in the slot & keep Johnson out there with him. Johnson has proven to be a capable receiver 

On 11/2/2018 at 8:44 AM, ludawg23 said:

Not a ton of room on the ground last week - wish they would use his edge speed more and bounce it to the outside.

He looks very dangerous catching the ball out of the backfield though...

This video tells me that KJ should NEVER come off the field in passing downs.  Kid is amazing as a receiver.

if you can afford it I'd consider benching this week to monitor his usage. The difficult matchup helps that decision. His points would most likely come through the air in this one so you don't want to get caught assuming Theo will move to the slot only to see him in on all 3rd downs again. He's a risk reward flex this week

On 11/2/2018 at 9:58 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Blount there to take the goalline and Riddick is back to take his passing...Stock pointing way down now

Was hoping I wasn't 100% correct here...I'm too good

• Like 1

On 11/2/2018 at 6:58 AM, Dr. Whom said:

40 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Was hoping I wasn't 100% correct here...I'm too good

Relax Mr. Wizard   

MIN is a really good defense.

- Stafford had 36 pass attempts, had 5 official rush attempts (scrambles on pass plays), and was sacked 10 times.  

- Johnson got 12-37 while Blount had 5-8

- Johnson had 3 receptions, Riddick had 7. The bottom line is Johnson stayed involved throughout the game & was used in both facets of the offense 

• Like 2