the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

Man he's looking like an easy bench this week...hate to say it but may just start Ito or McGuire given the matchups

1) Bears give up the 5th least fantasy points to RBs - no rushing TDs allowed on the year

2) Lions offense looking like a dumpster fire at the moment

3) Riddick is back and eating into his passing work

4 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Man he's looking like an easy bench this week...hate to say it but may just start Ito or McGuire given the matchups

1) Bears give up the 5th least fantasy points to RBs - no rushing TDs allowed on the year

2) Lions offense looking like a dumpster fire at the moment

3) Riddick is back and eating into his passing work

Not to mention Bears are at home and likely will have Mack back. 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Not to mention Bears are at home and likely will have Mack back. 

In a bye crunch but Im rolling with Ito Smith against CLE over Kerryon this week.

I'd rather have the GL guy in a 2-headed monster in a game that his team should be leading instead of the middle guy in a 3-headed monster against a good defense.

Got rid of him when his hype was at its peak (Riddick injury). Not regretting it. From a talent standpoint he's a beast, but in this offense an how he is used...idk.

2 hours ago, Bigfische said:

Kerryon will be fine. 

Reasoning? I got offered him in a package deal, and if he can return RB2 value ROS I’m likely to take it.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Reasoning? I got offered him in a package deal, and if he can return RB2 value ROS I’m likely to take it.

I traded for him and Kamara in my money league and I think talent wise he is a beast. He does play Chi this week, Car next week and the Bears again, but after that he gets the under performing Rams defense, the Cardinals and Bills in week 14 and 15. What were you offered?

2 minutes ago, JayGucci said:

I traded for him and Kamara in my money league and I think talent wise he is a beast. He does play Chi this week, Car next week and the Bears again, but after that he gets the under performing Rams defense, the Cardinals and Bills in week 14 and 15. What were you offered?

Definitely not worried about the talent, but Riddick is back and Blount steals goalline carries... plus an offense trending down with the Tate trade and a regressing O-Line.  I was offered Hopkins + KJ for Boyd + David Johnson.  I countered with Boyd + Dion Lewis.  He is considering.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Definitely not worried about the talent, but Riddick is back and Blount steals goalline carries... plus an offense trending down with the Tate trade and a regressing O-Line.  I was offered Hopkins + KJ for Boyd + David Johnson.  I countered with Boyd + Dion Lewis.  He is considering.

If he does Boyd and Lewis that would be a steal. I agree Riddick is back but he still had 5 targets which isn't bad and one of them was in the redzone. If your for sure in the playoffs his week 14 and 15 matchups look real juicy.

• Thanks 1

I want this guy to be good, especially since I drafted him. But he was not impressive this past week. I watched the game and saw multiple times where he was in the open field with 1 defender to beat and he couldn't do it. He didn't look explosive whatsoever. A top RB would get by that 1 defender and turn it into a 15 yard gain. I hope I'm wrong and he's better going forward. 

He’s my RB 3/4 and I haven’t been able to trade him for a bag of peanuts... my league is awful for trades though

16 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

I want this guy to be good, especially since I drafted him. But he was not impressive this past week. I watched the game and saw multiple times where he was in the open field with 1 defender to beat and he couldn't do it. He didn't look explosive whatsoever. A top RB would get by that 1 defender and turn it into a 15 yard gain. I hope I'm wrong and he's better going forward. 

This plus Blount goalline syphon and Riddick pass syphon does not make Kerryon anything more than a flex play at the moment

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He's extremely talented and the o-line is one of the best units in the league (the Vikings game was atrocious but remember it's just one game).  The pass game should be opening things up for him very nicely.  Looking at it from the surface, he should be a great fantasy play week in and week out.  Problem right now is this offense is completely dysfunctional and it's because the OC is absolutely clueless.

Kerryon is a hold, maybe even a buy-low if you're a gambler, but I wouldn't trust him as a start this week.

1 hour ago, JayGucci said:

If he does Boyd and Lewis that would be a steal. I agree Riddick is back but he still had 5 targets which isn't bad and one of them was in the redzone. If your for sure in the playoffs his week 14 and 15 matchups look real juicy.

He accepted it. In a vacuum it looks great, but I’m not so sure yet that I got the better end of the deal.  Perhaps it’s because I’m higher on Dion than most ROS... he looked great the last two games.  I’m also the Green owner, so I’ve grown quite attached to the Bengals WRs. Regardless, I had to make it because of Hopkins’ upside.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

He accepted it. In a vacuum it looks great, but I’m not so sure yet that I got the better end of the deal.  Perhaps it’s because I’m higher on Dion than most ROS... he looked great the last two games.  I’m also the Green owner, so I’ve grown quite attached to the Bengals WRs. Regardless, I had to make it because of Hopkins’ upside.

#noonecares

• Like 1

Riddick and Blount healthy and now his ankle is bothering him again...Arrow pointing through the roof

5 hours ago, csv2209 said:

He’s my RB 3/4 and I haven’t been able to trade him for a bag of peanuts... my league is awful for trades though

I traded him straight up for Tevin Coleman today, fwiw. He was a hot commodity in my league.

Just now, mdw5048 said:

I traded him straight up for Tevin Coleman today, fwiw. He was a hot commodity in my league.

Must have been at gunpoint...Isn't that a crime???

Just now, Dr. Whom said:

Must have been at gunpoint...Isn't that a crime???

The guy I traded him to is a Fantasy Footballers podcast truther. He’s obsessed with Kerryon due to Jason Moore being obsessed.

Just now, mdw5048 said:

The guy I traded him to is a Fantasy Footballers podcast truther. He’s obsessed with Kerryon due to Jason Moore being obsessed.

There are those who’d relinquish control of self-determinism in favor of a fanatical pursuit of ideological groupthink. I guess this is true in fantasy as well

10 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

God, those guys are so annoying. Occasionally I’ll turn on their podcast after I listen to FantasyPros, but usually shut it off after they start yelling and going on about some sort of nonsense.  CBS is the most entertaining, but their analysis sucks.  And don’t get me started on ESPN.

Mike Tagliere is the only podcast analyst I really trust, because he gives you all kinds of research to back up his takes.

How do you owners value him ROS?

Riddick is back and Blount still takes away goal line carries, but he does have an easy playoff schedule besides vs MIN and he still gets looks in the passing game as well.

8 minutes ago, JayGucci said:

How do you owners value him ROS?

Riddick is back and Blount still takes away goal line carries, but he does have an easy playoff schedule besides vs MIN and he still gets looks in the passing game as well.

I tried for Michel and cook and was rejected. I’m trying to dump him fast