the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

Patricia may finally be coming around to see the overall versatility and superior talent that this guy offers when on the field.  Was the game pretty? No, and he has a tough schedule moving forward, but they stuck with Kerryon on all facets of the game, and that is what matters in FF.  Blount can join the rest of the league of plodfathers, and while Riddick has a nice role in passing plays, he and Kerryon had the same amount of receptions.

Can only continue to hope for this to continue moving forward!

Kerryon my wayward son

When Johnson got the 4th quarter TD it was after Blount failed from the one yard line on back to back plays...One would think that would finally, FINALLY, be enough to anoint him the man...

1 hour ago, ShowStopper said:

Find it so annoying when people make these type of ignorant comments without thinking back to the time of the draft where these players ADP were. 

fournette and Gordon could’ve easily been drafted at the end of the first round. Connor as we know went later on in drafts as well Sony Michel. 

Lighten up Francis. It's a message board.

• Like 1

Corner has been turned. Came through in a difficult matchup, best part was it was buoyed by consistent passing game usage. With Tate gone, Riddick is basically a slot receiver. Blount is being phased out. I think he's pretty much a set it and forget it from here on out. 

Corner turned? Or another case of fool's gold where KJ will go back into his shell next week? This time of year its hard to trust players like this until we see it a few times.

4 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Corner turned? Or another case of fool's gold where KJ will go back into his shell next week? This time of year its hard to trust players like this until we see it a few times.

def fools gold. when everyone is down on him, he will blow up and vice versa.

5 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Double digit scoring in 6 of 9 games but you need to see it more. SMH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Double digit scoring in 6 of 9 games but you need to see it more. SMH.

Two great games out of ten so far this year. Sure low double digit scoring in a handful of others but generally not exactly blowing the doors off the building. Due to usage mostly for sure. I dunno at this point in the year with the playoff hunt I'd like more pop consistently out of a RB flex starter.

Just now, timbrah_ho said:

Two great games out of ten so far this year. Sure low double digit scoring in a handful of others but generally not exactly blowing the doors off the building. Due to usage mostly for sure. I dunno at this point in the year with the playoff hunt I'd like more pop consistently out of a RB flex starter.

Well I guess you and I are different - I'm not expecting my flex to be "blowing the doors off the building"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

Johnson has literally produced as the ideal flex starter if you were building one in a lab.  High floor, high ceiling.  The last thing you want in the playoff hunt is to flex a guy like Jordan Howard and watch him sink your week with 11 carries for 21 yards.  Johnson has proven immune to that kind of performance.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

def fools gold. when everyone is down on him, he will blow up and vice versa.

Not in the same vein as someone like Crowell.  Kerryon has been really consistent outside of his game against the Vikes, where they logged a franchise record 10 sacks and couldn't get anything going.

You two are seeing something completely different than I am. He's had three clunker games out of 10 (Jets, GB, MN). Two boom games. Five other games not a ton better than the three clunkers. 10-12 points average there in my league. 75% of this thread is people complaining about how he's inconsistent and not allowed to breakout because of his coaches. I probably HAVE to start him next week so I hope you're right but still, I'll feel a lot better weeks 14-16 if I see that he's truly turned a corner here.

1 minute ago, eg4190 said:

Johnson has literally produced as the ideal flex starter if you were building one in a lab.  High floor, high ceiling.  The last thing you want in the playoff hunt is to flex a guy like Jordan Howard and watch him sink your week with 11 carries for 21 yards.  Johnson has proven immune to that kind of performance.

Agree with this... He’s a more than capable Flex in a 12-team league for a championship winning team if you have difference makers at other positions.  I acquired him this past week as part of a package deal and had my doubts, but this performance makes me feel a lot better about him going forward.  If they are truly phasing Blount out and moving Riddick to more of a slot role, this could raise KJ’s floor and ceiling ROS.

31 minutes ago, timbrah_ho said:

What shell? KJ had only had 1 bad game. 

A lot of people are talking about KJ being a rewarding/disappointing flex option, when in reality he has been RB18 in average fpts per game(considering players who have played 7+ games this season). That's a mid to low-end RB2 depending on league size. What's more, of the top 18 running backs, he has the third lowest fantasy point standard deviation (barring only Lindsay and Yeldon, and obviously Yeldon will see his fantasy value largely decrease going forward), meaning he stays relatively steady from week-to-week. He is a particularly high floor RB2 play who has shown glimpses of talent to be more than that given the opportunity. He isn't going to be producing any less than he has at any point this year, but he has the potential to produce a lot more with advantageous real life management. If you have that kind of player as your flex, that sounds absolutely lovely. If he is your RB2, that should also work out alright depending on how strong the rest of your team is.

I don't think he is a buy low or a sell high; I just think that he is a solid, productive piece to have, and if he ends up outproducing that value then that sounds just delightful to me.

Edited by jbj
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, eg4190 said:

LOL at thinking anyone that would think of flexing Howard is in the playoff hunt.

1 minute ago, bgar15 said:

In your opinion, what is equivalent value for Kerryon at the WR position?

FWIW I traded Edelman for Kerryon a couple weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

FWIW I traded Edelman for Kerryon a couple weeks ago.

Good to know. is there a resource that shows recent trades involving a player? I thought I remember seeing this on RW but I can't find it

28 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

In your opinion, what is equivalent value for Kerryon at the WR position?

Traded him for cooks before week 9 for what that's worth

19 minutes ago, lenny123 said:

Traded him for cooks before week 9 for what that's worth

oh wow.. Cooks and some1 else got Edelman? not bad.. I would def give up Kerryon for those 2..

55 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Good to know. is there a resource that shows recent trades involving a player? I thought I remember seeing this on RW but I can't find it

Rotoworld Completed Trades Thread (It’s in the AC forum)

Dave Richard of CBS also puts out a trade value chart if you want an outside “expert” opinion, although I’d take that chart with a grain of salt... he tends to be stubborn on how he feels about players.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Rotoworld Completed Trades Thread (It’s in the AC forum)

Dave Richard of CBS also puts out a trade value chart if you want an outside “expert” opinion, although I’d take that chart with a grain of salt... he tends to be stubborn on how he feels about players.

Appreciate this!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Appreciate this!

Dan Harris at FantasyPros also does a trade value chart, but I would also take it with a grain of salt

https://www.fantasypros.com/2018/11/fantasy-football-trade-value-chart-week-10/

My personal opinion: if I were trying to trade him I would shoot for a Emmanuel Sanders/Diggs/Josh Gordon type. If I didn't get that, I would hold. If I was playing any type of keeper, I would hold out for even more. I really believe Kerroyn has legit 3 down skills, and outside of maybe Golladay, he's the best player on that offense. And I think Patricia finally realizes it. Those type of RBs are rare. 

• Like 1