the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

10 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

The Lions had plenty of time to IR him...For some reason, it didn’t happen. So, yes we should see him again 

You won't be able to trust him on the home stretch even if he comes back. I stand by what I said.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spyplane said:

You won't be able to trust him on the home stretch even if he comes back. I stand by what I said.

Based on what exactly? Your opinion? 

13 hours ago, Spyplane said:

I mean he is obviously a young promising guy and Lion's playoff hopes are looking quite long so if they are going to play him and put undue risk on a young promising player I'm going to assume it is because they think he is healthy. Blount looked surprisingly good filling in so I don't see why they'd bother bringing him back especially to play a much smaller if they felt he was at a significant risk to damage his future. 

CJ Anderson is a veteran now? Jeez he has only been in the league 3 years 

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

After the Rams smash the Lions I wouldn't be shocked to see the IR tag come down. 

the writing was on the wall since he got injured.

those with football business knowledge knows, why play your "franchise star" when you are mathematiiclly eliminated from post season with 4 or 5 games left.

41 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

CJ Anderson is a veteran now? Jeez he has only been in the league 3 years 

::unsubscribe::

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

Based on what exactly? Your opinion? 

Well, yeah? That's the whole point of this place, is it not? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

I mean he is obviously a young promising guy and Lion's playoff hopes are looking quite long so if they are going to play him and put undue risk on a young promising player I'm going to assume it is because they think he is healthy. Blount looked surprisingly good filling in so I don't see why they'd bother bringing him back especially to play a much smaller if they felt he was at a significant risk to damage his future. 

It is my experience that the best way to look at these particular situations is in the mindset of a pessimist. Best to plan for the worst instead of saddling up for a trip to nowhere based on mostly wishful thinking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I have both on the same team as well.  They are clogging up 2 of my 5 bench spots heading into the playoffs.

Hopefully we’ll hear something today. The CJ Anderson workout isn’t a good sign, but it could just be for depth since they cut Abdullah, and they might want to use a Riddick more lined up in the slot/out wide with Tate and Marvin Jones gone.

I think this is exactly why they traded Tate anyway.  Riddick was a college WR so he would move to the slot with Golladay & Jones outside. He & Tate are essentially the same type of player...good hands, short routes, good RAC. Anderson would be depth after Johnson, just like Hyde is in JAX

2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I think this is exactly why they traded Tate anyway.  Riddick was a college WR so he would move to the slot with Golladay & Jones outside. He & Tate are essentially the same type of player...good hands, short routes, good RAC. Anderson would be depth after Johnson, just like Hyde is in JAX

Anderson was cut shortly after Tate was traded ... if your hypothesis is true, then why did they wait so long?

i'll tell ya why ... because the rook is going on ice. 

DeNile ain't just a river in Egypt, amirite?

14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Anderson was cut shortly after Tate was traded ... if your hypothesis is true, then why did they wait so long?

i'll tell ya why ... because the rook is going on ice. 

DeNile ain't just a river in Egypt, amirite?

I’m hoping that’s not the case, but it makes sense. He’s proven to be their best back, no reason to play him with no playoff chance

6 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I’m hoping that’s not the case, but it makes sense. He’s proven to be their best back, no reason to play him with no playoff chance

fair enuff ... Anderson has yet to sign ... but, if he does, think that's the end of KJ for 2018.  

anyways, gl to the Kerryon owners - maybe an 11th hr. reprieve is in the offing. 

if Anderson comes onboard the following news release is going to be KJ to the IR, just do it now so we can all make plans to be without him RoS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

::unsubscribe::

Lol nothing against you dude, I just remember CJs rookie season 

Detroit homer.....it’s FAR more likely they shut him down for the season than bring him back. They know what they have in him moving forward. He’s “a guy”. It would be wise not to plan on him if you’re playoff bound

Yeah unfortunately this is the time of year where real-life football teams with nothing to play for can really screw over fantasy owners who are playoff bound.

Kerryon was a huge value as an RB2 while he was healthy, but the Lions have no reason to push him in a lost season.  Even if he doesn't go on IR, it's unlikely they'll bother giving him the same workload and risk further injury.  If the Lions were leading the division he probably wouldn't have missed more than a game or two.

Edited by eg4190

4 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

Yeah unfortunately this is the time of year where real-life football teams with nothing to play for can really screw over fantasy owners who are playoff bound.

Kerryon was a huge value as an RB2 while he was healthy, but the Lions have no reason to push him in a lost season.  Even if he doesn't go on IR, it's unlikely they'll bother giving him the same workload and risk further injury.  If the Lions were leading the division he probably wouldn't have missed more than a game or two.

I couldn’t hold with injury issues & playoff seeding on the line. Even if he does come back, Blount & Zenner will get lots of run because they’re expendable.  I love this kid’s chances to be a stud RB1 next year & will be targeting him 

52 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Detroit homer.....it’s FAR more likely they shut him down for the season than bring him back. They know what they have in him moving forward. He’s “a guy”. It would be wise not to plan on him if you’re playoff bound

I think we all agree...just waiting on confirmation to drop