the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

36 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Btw Blount, as unsexy as he is, makes a solid pickup. Just sayin

Fellow Detroit homer checking in.  I respectfully disagree.  Whenever Blount gets the ball he looks like he's running waist-deep in peanut butter, and Cooter has no clue how to scheme a run game (or an offense at all, to be honest).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Fellow Detroit homer checking in.  I respectfully disagree.  Whenever Blount gets the ball he looks like he's running waist-deep in peanut butter, and Cooter has no clue how to scheme a run game (or an offense at all, to be honest).

Oh I totally agree in regards to him being utterly washed. With that said he’s got as much chances of scoring as any back in the league without Kerryon. Give him 20 touches like last week and he will provide a relatively safe floor with a high ceiling in neutral game scripts like AZ and BUF coming up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Oh I totally agree in regards to him being utterly washed. With that said he’s got as much chances of scoring as any back in the league without Kerryon. Give him 20 touches like last week and he will provide a relatively safe floor with a high ceiling in neutral game scripts like AZ and BUF coming up

From a simply logical standpoint, I can't argue with you.  I have just lost all confidence in this coaching staff to create anything that resembles an NFL offense in the year of our lord 2018.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

From a simply logical standpoint, I can't argue with you.  I have just lost all confidence in this coaching staff to create anything that resembles an NFL offense in the year of our lord 2018.

Forward down the field!! 🎶  🎵 

3 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

Wouldn’t they have already placed him on IR if it was a foregone conclusion or as most of you believe more likely then less likely? 

Exactly, my point. why bother waiting 

3 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

Wouldn’t they have already placed him on IR if it was a foregone conclusion or as most of you believe more likely then less likely? 

Its not just IF he plays, its also how they use him if he plays.

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Strongly leaning towards dropping for Dixon because of this exact scenario.

35 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

If he comes back next week, that would be ideal. If I don’t have a bye, I will most likely sit him, play the wait-and-see approach,  then evaluate how he looks and how much work they are willing to give him.  

If he looks good and Blount goes back to being an afterthought, then I’d feel good rolling him out there in week 15.

Are you guys dropping at this point for a high upside handcuff like Brown or Ware? My league’s playoffs end Week 15. I guess it could be a little harder to drop if your playoffs go through Week 16. 

Trying to evaluate risk/reward here and it’s tough to do a value comparison right now  between Kerryon / a high upside handcuff. 

I have M Gordon too and his upside is just too high for Week 15 imo if he does come back, so I don’t feel like I can drop him. I just don’t see that upside (THIS SEASON) for Kerryon and I don’t know if he’s worth holding. 

Edited by ff062018

12 minutes ago, ff062018 said:

Are you guys dropping at this point for a high upside handcuff like Brown or Ware? My league’s playoffs end Week 15. I guess it could be a little harder to drop if your playoffs go through Week 16. 

Trying to evaluate risk/reward here and it’s tough to do a value comparison right now  between Kerryon / a high upside handcuff. 

I have M Gordon too and his upside is just too high for Week 15 imo if he does come back, so I don’t feel like I can drop him. I just don’t see that upside (THIS SEASON) for Kerryon and I don’t know if he’s worth holding. 

It’s all case specific... just depends on your options and what you need to make your team the strongest possible for the playoffs.  Personally, even if I don’t think I need him (if he comes back, it’ll probably be between Kerryon and Hilton in my flex), I’m holding because I know he’ll get picked up by one of the other playoff teams and possibly started against me if he comes back.

Anyway, Brown and Ware have been owned for a while in my league (as has Gio, Ekeler, and every other high-upside handcuff), so that’s not really in play for me.

5 hours ago, ff062018 said:

If you have room you almost have to hold to prevent somebody else beating you with him.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, but they did not sign CJA - good sign that the kid returns next week. 

This is a good point... Reason to cling to a bit of optimism.

If Kerryon plays this week, is he a start? Juicy matchup, but I fear if his injury is still lingering than Blount/Riddick could cut into his touches.

Also, I really don’t trust Matt Patricia. He had a love affair with Blount earlier in the season, before he finally started to consistently feed Kerryon. 

18 minutes ago, Dreroy10 said:

If Kerryon plays this week, is he a start? Juicy matchup, but I fear if his injury is still lingering than Blount/Riddick could cut into his touches.

Also, I really don’t trust Matt Patricia. He had a love affair with Blount earlier in the season, before he finally started to consistently feed Kerryon. 

Just depends on your options if you think the risk is worth the reward... it’s obviously a great matchup.  Have to watch practice reports and read the tea leaves to try and guess how the Lions will proceed.

All that being said, I don’t expect him to play.

• Like 1

Was he at practice yesterday or today?? What gives on the seemingly silence?

2 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

Was he at practice yesterday or today?? What gives on the seemingly silence?

We will find out on Wednesday as usual. 

starting to feel like the IR is coming, would wish they'd do it already so he can be safely dropped

I'd bench him until I see good usage or if there is some amazing report where Patricia says he is 100% and going right back to his workload, which probably won't happen.  I need him but I am not going to be comfortable until at least week 15 (semis).  

16 minutes ago, Panthor said:

starting to feel like the IR is coming, would wish they'd do it already so he can be safely dropped

If they would have IR him it would happen 2 weeks ago