the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

19 hours ago, urban2014 said:

If they would have IR him it would happen 2 weeks ago

not if they were holding out hope he could still play this year.  teams do that all the time.  but if there is little to no progress after 2 weeks or more, it isn't unheard of to IR now.  with each passing week and as the team is out of the playoffs there is less and less incentive to play him anymore this year

Bears lost. Vikings lost. Pack lost. Unlikely but they aren't eliminated yet 

22 hours ago, Panthor said:

not if they were holding out hope he could still play this year.  teams do that all the time.  but if there is little to no progress after 2 weeks or more, it isn't unheard of to IR now.  with each passing week and as the team is out of the playoffs there is less and less incentive to play him anymore this year

Well the same team was quick to put Marvin Jones on the IR. I am not dropping him but I am also not banking on him coming back because even if he does there is no guarantee he will get the bulk of the carries. 

4 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Well the same team was quick to put Marvin Jones on the IR. I am not dropping him but I am also not banking on him coming back because even if he does there is no guarantee he will get the bulk of the carries. 

what are you talking about Marvin Jones being quick?  they had him liingering around for 2 weeks before finally putting him on IR.  i'm not saying he is a drop, i'm saying DET should just get it over with and put him on IR so we can free the roster spot,  with each passing week he is less and less likely to come back

9 minutes ago, Panthor said:

what are you talking about Marvin Jones being quick?  they had him liingering around for 2 weeks before finally putting him on IR.  i'm not saying he is a drop, i'm saying DET should just get it over with and put him on IR so we can free the roster spot,  with each passing week he is less and less likely to come back

Yes, they waited two weeks on Marvin, 

It's been more than two weeks since Kerryon was hurt and still no IR and Kerryon is a prized rookie who, you would think, they would be quicker to IR and protect in a lost season....unless they really want him back this year.

At this point in the fantasy season, even if he came back next week, I can't imagine him being startable in his first week back so it's becoming a moot point.  

Just now, wideopen21 said:

Yes, they waited two weeks on Marvin, 

It's been more than two weeks since Kerryon was hurt and still no IR and Kerryon is a prized rookie who, you would think, they would be quicker to IR and protect in a lost season....unless they really want him back this year.

At this point in the fantasy season, even if he came back next week, I can't imagine him being startable in his first week back so it's becoming a moot point.  

what are you talking about?  it was Kerryon missed 2 games, Jones missed 3.  11 and 12 for Kerryon and 10,11,12, for Jones. you're just making my point for me, just IR him already so we can get the spot back

LoLions are trolling us with no IR...

Maybe next week. If he has a good week of practice next week per se

1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

Even if he is active next week there will be all kinds of talk of being "eased in" and probably splitting with Blount. Will be a risky start.

If DET loses to AZ I've got to think they just IR him. Season will officially be swirling around the drain.

Patricia is obviously resting his stud for the playoffs. I'm surprised Blount isn't resting more.

Hes on my bench even if he gets cleared to return this week. Going with justin jackson as flex

Pretty annoying that he is still questionable,  I certainly could have gotten Benjamin or something like that 

Dropped last night for Rod Smith.  Simply can't fathom starting him next 2 weeks over my other options(Ware, JJackson, Henry Connor-IR) with Blount and Riddick healthy. 

Just now, urban2014 said:

So, umm. Anything? 

Dropped last week.  Even if he plays - hard to see him getting anything close to a full workload. 

2 lions were placed on IR today, Kerryon Johnson was not one of them.

He's gotta come back at some point, right? 

I just don't understand.  There is absolutely nothing to be gained bringing him back.

6 minutes ago, jccouger said:

2 lions were placed on IR today, Kerryon Johnson was not one of them.

He's gotta come back at some point, right? 

I said the same thing last week. Marvin Jones got placed on the IR,  yet they kept Johnson off the IR. Why? To bring him back week 17? To Bring him back week 16 to carry the ball 10 times? 

It really doesn't make sense. But then again, this the Lions so expecting properly thought out decisions is probably not a good idea. 

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson is out the rest of the season or if he put in a full practice at some point this week and got 20 carries. 

Just now, JJ1223 said:

I just don't understand.  There is absolutely nothing to be gained bringing him back.

It's possible he was deemed healthy last week. Was able to do all the conditioning work the medical staff wanted him to do but they were being extra cautious. 

If he is healthy, he should play. If he's not, he shouldn't.

Can we make a decision please Fat Patricia? 

Imagine it’s food! Either u gonna eat it or not!

• Haha 1

Theres been nothing on this guy, hes becoming dead weight smh. Probably splitting with Zenner if he comes back, just because