Rolling Thunder

Lamar Miller 2018 Outlook

lamar miller last year was a top 12 fantasy rb in games watson played with him. Key words being last year. I hate that i spent 20 dollars in an auction on him and 20 dollars on royce freeman. I was thinking I was being smart loading up on rb. 40 dollars of fn trash. I should have bought theilen for that 40. As for ros to keep this lamar miller related he will not have the kind of game blue just had. It is a 50 50 time share at best unless alfred blue gets injured in practice this week. Also the texans o line is human garbage. It is beyond awful. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2018 at 10:59 PM, joshua18 said:

If you think Ingram's going to average 18 PPG after being suspended 4 games and returning to at best a timeshare, you should be buying him in dynasty now because you're in the minority. 

On 5/24/2018 at 11:41 PM, FFCollusion said:

You tried to play that same 'suspension theory' against me in the Le'Veon Bell thread in 2015.  After a 2 week suspension, first week back... 132 yards 26.2 fantasy points.

Then you tried it again in 2016, after a 3 week suspension, first week back... 188 yards, 22.8 fantasy points.

Zeke's first week back after his suspension last year? 118 yards.

Do you have any data to back up your thesis on high end RBs returning after suspensions to significantly lower stat lines?

On 5/24/2018 at 11:44 PM, joshua18 said:

Yes. I'd advise you to look at a Charlie Kleinhexel (sp?) 2017 Rotoviz article on the topic. Spoiler alert: the odds of Ingram maintaining his current value are very low. 

But hey, you take Ingram, I'll take Miller and we're both happy ?

Image result for wink kiss gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I don't understand why people think it will become a 50/50 timeshare at best for Miller going forward. If O'Brien was going to do a RBBC and involve Blue heavily he would have done so last season. The lone bright spot to the dismal season put forth by Miller so far is that he isn't losing touches to any other RBs. Change of pace touches? Sure. But nothing significant.

5 hours ago, devaster said:

I don't understand why people think it will become a 50/50 timeshare at best for Miller going forward. If O'Brien was going to do a RBBC and involve Blue heavily he would have done so last season. The lone bright spot to the dismal season put forth by Miller so far is that he isn't losing touches to any other RBs. Change of pace touches? Sure. But nothing significant.

I'm very confused by people suggesting this as well. 

Blue is no where near the talent Miller is.  RBBC is usually employed to offer a different EFFECTIVE dynamic, isn't it?

36 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Blue is no where near the talent Miller is.  RBBC is usually employed to offer a different EFFECTIVE dynamic, isn't it?

Just let them have it. They bought in on Miller and still believe he'll be great. They need another disappointing season to be convinced at this point. 

8 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Image result for wink kiss gif

Definitely know who us happier right now lol

His trade value is zero. He is a definite hold with some touchdown regression coming in the latter half of the season. Not worried about Blue and Foreman's injury is historically difficult to come back from.

• Like 1

You know you own a Jag (and not the sweet luxury car or a player from Jacksonville) when there’s legit concern/possibility about splitting significant work with Alfred Blue. 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, devaster said:

This happened in the last 4 games of the season, it was close to a 50/50 split between Miller and Blue.  Now with Foreman coming back, I think the most likely outcome is 50/30/20 workload share between Miller/Foreman/Blue on the running game, and an opposite timeshare of the RB passing game. Miller has looked better than Blue so far, but not enough to warrant being the standalone workhorse.

Luckily, Blue averaged 2.3 yards this week with a heavy workload, so Miller is likely back to getting around 15 touches until Foreman comes back. I don't understand Millers' lack of usage in the passing game though, I haven't watched a ton of Texans football this year, but it seems like Watson prefers to run it himself rather than dumping off to the nearby RB. I can't imagine that the coaching staff wants him to continue putting himself in harms way over a RB, but I haven't seen much of an uptick in the RB passing game either. 

4 hours ago, SITG said:

This happened in the last 4 games of the season, it was close to a 50/50 split between Miller and Blue.  Now with Foreman coming back, I think the most likely outcome is 50/30/20 workload share between Miller/Foreman/Blue on the running game, and an opposite timeshare of the RB passing game. Miller has looked better than Blue so far, but not enough to warrant being the standalone workhorse.

Luckily, Blue averaged 2.3 yards this week with a heavy workload, so Miller is likely back to getting around 15 touches until Foreman comes back. I don't understand Millers' lack of usage in the passing game though, I haven't watched a ton of Texans football this year, but it seems like Watson prefers to run it himself rather than dumping off to the nearby RB. I can't imagine that the coaching staff wants him to continue putting himself in harms way over a RB, but I haven't seen much of an uptick in the RB passing game either. 

Thinking we might see Watson start to use the dump offs given that he was almost killed on some of those hits he took. If he wants to make it through the season he'll need to lean on Miller more. 

Edited by Edgeraid

2 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

Thinking we might see Watson start to use the dump offs given that he was almost killed on some of those hits he took. If he wants to make it through the season he'll need to lean on Miller more. 

2nd half of the SNF game was encouraging. Offense needs to operate more like that in the future. And they need to attempt to run the ball inside the 5. Texans can score some points.

BOB continues to disappoint as a HC in my opinion though.

12 hours ago, Edgeraid said:

I think Watson will  dump it off to keke instead, I dropped miller last week in a 12 team league no regrets 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chargers88 said:

I think Watson will  dump it off to keke instead, I dropped miller last week in a 12 team league no regrets 

I'm going to have to do the same. It's either him or Mike Davis and I'll rather Mike.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chargers88 said:

Probably right but a boy can dream. 

14 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Idk if he’s worth a spot in 10-12 man leagues at this point. No upside for tds. Looking to claim Barber instead.

That's how low this ? has got to.

6 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I held on as long as I could

Longer than most... Miller would understand that he sucked

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Longer than most... Miller would understand that he sucked

He didn’t suck. Perhaps you should actually watch the game. He was shifty, broke tackles and was easily the best RB on the team.

The O line continues to be an issue, as does the QB and the play calling.

I just wish they’d stop using Blue at the goal line when it’s obvious that Miller is the better back.

Lamar 17 touches, Blue 9 touches

Snap counts should be available tomorrow.

I'm gonna check out the game this week and see what I can gleam for my fellow deep leaguers. The little bit I saw Blue was subbed in on a 3rd down. But I didn't see much.

Edited by Cotton Jones

32 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

He didn’t suck. Perhaps you should actually watch the game. He was shifty, broke tackles and was easily the best RB on the team.

The O line continues to be an issue, as does the QB and the play calling.

I just wish they’d stop using Blue at the goal line when it’s obvious that Miller is the better back.

Are you in the game of wishing Wells or fantasy points? 

34 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Are you in the game of wishing Wells or fantasy points? 

When trying to work out which RB the coaching staff prefer, I think the better resource is the game tape, not the fantasy points.