Rolling Thunder

Lamar Miller 2018 Outlook

Just like with any of these questions: everyones fantasy circumstances are different.

so it’s impossible to answer what people should do without knowing their circumstances.

personally, I feel I have better options this week (Breida - flex) so im not starting him. 

He will stay on the bench where he has been most of the year but has given a couple really nice games.

as a gordon owner, nice to see lamar rip a couple of long runs early.  has a pretty decent ros schedule.

Just when I said juju had the season changer, Miller may have one-upped juju. 97 yarder from a lower tiered player. Wow... what a time to be alive... lol

I dropped him in a 10 team league months ago where he and royce freeman and aaron jones were just killing me. I held onto carlos hyde and then the trade to the jags happened. Oh well win some and lose some. That 10 team league team is such trash anyways. I only own 1 share where it matters where i have gurley conner carson miller. Conner has had 3 meh games in a row now so its a real decision choosing 2 of those 3 each week from here on out. 

1 hour ago, ilovepelas said:

I dropped him in a 10 team league months ago where he and royce freeman and aaron jones were just killing me. I held onto carlos hyde and then the trade to the jags happened. Oh well win some and lose some. That 10 team league team is such trash anyways. I only own 1 share where it matters where i have gurley conner carson miller. Conner has had 3 meh games in a row now so its a real decision choosing 2 of those 3 each week from here on out. 

Cool story bro 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He only did this because my opponent had him (like that week Henry did well). He'll be back to average status next week. 

27 minutes ago, Guwop said:

He only did this because my opponent had him (like that week Henry did well). He'll be back to average status next week. 

Not sure why people always post stupid posts like these. They aren't funny and they don't add anything valuable to the players season outlook discussion. Please post this garbage in the "cool story bro" or "vent and rant" threads. We're all tired of seeing this stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So far it looks like we're heading towards another Lamar Miller year with a workmanlike Top 20ish RB finish. I planned for him to be an RB3/depth guy on draft night and I tip my cap.

He is....the Champagne of Flex Options.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you can still trade I would trade him. You can't rely on consistent points from a guy who doesn't get many catches (though he can catch), besides that long run doesn't score touchdowns (he had 3 total before that), and often gets outcarried by alfred freaking blue. Plus if foreman comes back however injured he may be that siphons more carries.  Just don't think he can keep it up with all those things going against him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidybl said:

If you can still trade I would trade him. You can't rely on consistent points from a guy who doesn't get many catches (though he can catch), besides that long run doesn't score touchdowns (he had 3 total before that), and often gets outcarried by alfred freaking blue. Plus if foreman comes back however injured he may be that siphons more carries.  Just don't think he can keep it up with all those things going against him

I wouldn't worry about Foreman until he actually hits the field.  

I'll have to check the log stats but I think he's only been out-carried by Blue in mop-up duty when the games are well in hand.

And to add:  Most experts had Miller as a sit-bench this week because of the stout Tenn run defense.  It was encouraging to see he was picking up chunks of yards on several plays even before breaking the 97-yard run.  Has the Texan OL improved their blocking?  If so, Miller may be underrated right now considering the volume he's receiving.

I do agree with the lack of catches which has always been a mystery to many here.   

Edited by theSPANKER

4 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

I wouldn't worry about Foreman until he actually hits the field.  

I'll have to check the log stats but I think he's only been out-carried by Blue in mop-up duty when the games are well in hand.

And to add:  Most experts had Miller as a sit-bench this week because of the stout Tenn run defense.  It was encouraging to see he was picking up chunks of yards on several plays even before breaking the 97-yard run.  Has the Texan OL improved their blocking?  If so, Miller may be underrated right now considering the volume he's receiving.

I do agree with the lack of catches which has always been a mystery to many here.   

They just got 2 starting linemen back from injury.  It showed-  that team can bang.     I think Millers a sneaky high end rb2 ROS

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spidybl said:

Pretty bad take.

Last 5 weeks Miller's had 84 attempts to Blue's 59 while averaging 6 YPC to Blue's 3.4. Not to mention that spread would be even greater if not for the blowouts like last night where they let Blue take over in the 2nd half. If the game is on the line like it was last week it's an 80/20 split for Miller. 

There's no surprise that the Texans line is much better and they are winning games by being balanced and running the ball with Miller. He has a solid floor with boost potential like we saw last night. 

I'm a bit concerned with the increased usage of Blue some weeks. The Texans weren't really "blowing" out the Titans in the 2nd half. They had a few possessions lead, but that isn't a blowout. I was surprised to see Blue get so much work when the Titans could have gotten back into the game. Blue was predictably unproductive and it let the Titans hang around.

It might have more to do with keeping Miller fresh and healthy, but I'm still a bit concerned.

15 hours ago, ilovepelas said:

But who did you draft in the 7th round, bro?

And back to his average game. Doesn't kill you but not a boom either. Got good yrds against the browns at least 

5 minutes ago, Guwop said:

And back to his average game. Doesn't kill you but not a boom either. Got good yrds against the browns at least 

That was a pretty good game. Didn't score, but the Texans kept screwing themselves with penalties when they got in the RZ. They only had one opportunity inside the 5 or 10 I think and Watson threw a TD. Texans just didn't have enough scoring opportunities. Nothing but FG's.

What's the take this Sunday vs the colts? When both these teams played earlier in the season Lamar had 14 attempts for 49 yards. It was a high scoring afair with both teams scoring over 30 on each other.  

Not sure what to do with other options as in ware and Wilson starting...Lamar def picked it up in the last few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

What's the take this Sunday vs the colts? When both these teams played earlier in the season Lamar had 14 attempts for 49 yards. It was a high scoring afair with both teams scoring over 30 on each other.  

Not sure what to do with other options as in ware and Wilson starting...Lamar def picked it up in the last few weeks. 

That was the game he got hurt I believe.

Indy's defense doesn't appear to be that great and the Texans defense is improving. I think they keep it close to where they won't abandon the run. I think this a boom week for him

Assuming Melvin is a no go, I'm firing Lamar up this week. Starting him over Mack/Ware/Samuel's if that matters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

That was the game he got hurt I believe.

Yup you are right.