murraygd13

May Closer Thread 2018

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That back end pairing is about to become beyond nasty.

Anderson was just grabbed in my competitive 12-teamer. Cam is owned but the word must have spread quickly. 

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

Well Cobb is pitching tonight vs the Angels so we probably won't see a save opp

Angels can’t hit right now, so we may.

1 minute ago, mi26 said:

Whose the add cam or anderson

Im going Anderson based on recent high leverage usage, and Soscia never has gone back Cam in the ninth consistently 

55 minutes ago, meh2 said:

This Angels situation feels like I’ll be disappointed soon when I grad a bunch of shares of Bedrosian only to find out somebody I never heard gets the closer gig after I’ve already gone to bed. Seriously, who is Justin Anderson? His minor league stats look pretty meh to me.

Edit: I did my own research and found an interesting recent article on him: https://halohangout.com/2018/04/30/from-double-a-to-the-los-angeles-angels-justin-anderson-is-special/

Yea... it’s always a mess with angels relievers. If Bedrock and Anderson are both available in your league, I think Bedrock is the safer and better bet if you have only one available roster slot. If you have two, I guess you can add both, but I doubt many people have that luxury, and if you do, that’s probably not a good thing.

• Like 2

Dropping Middleton to make room? He wasn't exactly good enough to assume he gets the job back.

1 minute ago, Trifecta said:

Dropping Middleton to make room? He wasn't exactly good enough to assume he gets the job back.

I think if Bedrosian (or Anderson) does well while Middleton is out, he can keep the job..

well alright then.....

Cardinals president John Mozeliak indicated Tuesday that Bud Norris will be the team's closer for the foreseeable future.

Greg Holland has struggled mightily through his first three weeks with St. Louis and Norris holds a 2.03 ERA and 20/2 K/BB ratio in 13 1/3 innings, to go along with two holds and five saves. "I don't think he'll be used in the ninth inning at this time," Mozeliak said of Holland on Tuesday.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, arthurpete said:

well alright then.....

Cardinals president John Mozeliak indicated Tuesday that Bud Norris will be the team's closer for the foreseeable future.

Greg Holland has struggled mightily through his first three weeks with St. Louis and Norris holds a 2.03 ERA and 20/2 K/BB ratio in 13 1/3 innings, to go along with two holds and five saves. "I don't think he'll be used in the ninth inning at this time," Mozeliak said of Holland on Tuesday.

Love it.

Kela destroyed.  Lecleric may be the best one in that pen.  Not sure I want any part of it

Just now, murraygd13 said:

Kela with the big time blown save tonight.

Fake news. Wasn't even a save situation. He put everybody on and allowed a grand slam to a guy that never hits homers.

• Like 2

It's not a blown save since it was 6-2, although that doesn't really matter at this point.  He's not trash either.  He's had two bad games.  Granted they've been epically horrible games, but he's 6-6 in save opps.  I don't think they hold two non-save situations completely against him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Kela destroyed.  Lecleric may be the best one in that pen.  Not sure I want any part of it

lollololo

4 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It's not a blown save since it was 6-2, although that doesn't really matter at this point.  He's not trash either.  He's had two bad games.  Granted they've been epically horrible games, but he's 6-6 in save opps.  I don't think they hold two non-save situations completely against him.

What a horrible pitch.  He pitched Ramirez brilliantly then served up that gopher ball.  Still a buy as the stuff looks fantastic.

Just now, Magoo said:

What a horrible pitch.  He pitched Ramirez brilliantly then served up that gopher ball.  Still a buy as the stuff looks fantastic.

I wasn't watching it, but that figures since I have Ramirez and Alonso, the two guys he struck out.

It's extremely unfortunate, but I'm not getting rid of him or anything either.  It will take him blowing a save like this close to this outing for me to get concerned.

3 minutes ago, Magoo said:

I was just coming here to say that - I’m fine with an off speed pitch there but not in the heart of the zone - you can see him thinking “of crap” the minute it left his hand...

• Like 1

Just now, KilloWertz said:

I wasn't watching it, but that figures since I have Ramirez and Alonso, the two guys he struck out.

It's extremely unfortunate, but I'm not getting rid of him or anything either.  It will take him blowing a save like this close to this outing for me to get concerned.

I started watching with the Ramirez AB.  He actually should have struck him out on the 2-2 pitch but the catcher was expecting a fastball so the ump missed a beautiful low curve.  

Why would the Rangers just dismiss Kela’s performance because it wasn’t a save opp? Am I missing something? He still blew a lead in epic fashion...

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Sure, it wasn’t statistically a blown save, but I doubt the team or management will just completely write off the fact that he blew their chance to win. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Why would the Rangers just dismiss Kela’s performance because it wasn’t a save opp? Am I missing something? He still blew a lead in epic fashion...

Dude, like only save opportunities are even considered or looked at..... I'm sure Bannister had already hit the showers.  It's known..... :rolleyes:  The pen's a mess so I doubt it will affect his job security but when he has a bad night, he unravels so completely.

• Like 1

Kela's batted ball profile has been kinda terrifying for a while. Coming into today his hard contact rate was almost 40% and his flyball rate over 50%, but he hadn't given up a HR yet. He was overdue to get taken deep and unfortunately it came at a really bad time.