murraygd13

May Closer Thread 2018

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

You know who's been filthy for Houston this year? 

Colin McHugh.

It would be great if he was the closer because he's got SP/RP, but he probably has devenski, Harris, and peacock ahead of him

damn dropped a ton of people in all my leagues for johnson only for him to get relieved by bedrosian 1 out later SMH

1 minute ago, EmbargoLifted said:

damn dropped a ton of people in all my leagues for johnson only for him to get relieved by bedrosian 1 out later SMH

That wasn’t smart.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

That wasn’t smart.

Or was it...... Bedrosian with the easy..... easy blown save.

and bedrosian blows it.  so who are we all thinking is the next pickup for LAA closer sweepstakes.

Edited by swingbatter

5 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

What was the Jim Johnson non sense then lol?

My apologies.  Was just going off the broadcast.

But i see bedrosian crapped himself so...

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Or was it...... Bedrosian with the easy..... easy blown save.

They should give Anderson a shot. He has been impressive and has closing experience in the minors.

• Like 1

Tracking closers is entertaining every year, but this year seems to be more of a rollercoaster of emotions than ever before.

• Like 1

Relatively easy save for Box. His BB% is obviously too high, but his K% and GB% are certainly good enough. 

• Like 1

Why is there so much speculation that Justin Anderson is going to usurp the Angels' closer gig with Middleton down? Dude has 5 innings pitched at the MLB level. And his MiLB numbers are not pretty. Someone mentioned he has MiLB closer experience. He has two career saves. Hard to imagine this guy being thrust into a closing role on a contending team, Scioscipath or no Scioscipath.

Just now, Baseball Batman said:

Why is there so much speculation that Justin Anderson is going to usurp the Angels' closer gig with Middleton down? Dude has 5 innings pitched at the MLB level. And his MiLB numbers are not pretty. Someone mentioned he has MiLB closer experience. He has two career saves. Hard to imagine this guy being thrust into a closing role on a contending team, Scioscipath or no Scioscipath.

I'm pretty sure its 100% based on one Angels beat reporter tweeting how he thinks Anderson could be next in line for saves based on his usage lately.

• Like 1

Just now, Baseball Batman said:

Yeah, exactly. Being an Angels fan and watching the games, he's shown a lot of potential but doesn't have the experience yet. This will be a messy one until Middleton gets back (which should be soon).

Is brach back as the closer?

Bases loaded for a struggling Upton vs a struggling Brach....this should be fun.