murraygd13

May Closer Thread 2018

I never heard of Santana prior to an hour ago so I grabbed Rodriguez and Feliz in multiple leagues which means it’ll most likely be Santana.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

where does santana usually pitch? and why is his name being brought up by a pirates beat writer??

Rotoworld blurb says Santana so I'm going Feliz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, swfcdan said:

R-Rod has been pure filth. Why not him? 31/3 K/BB!

Might be more valuable to the team in his current role. 

18 minutes ago, mthdmn said:

Rotoworld blurb says Santana so I'm going Feliz.

I believe amazingly the RW blurb has been edited from Feliz to Santana.

18 minutes ago, David Aames said:

are we looking at a long term injury possibility?

Nothing has been mentioned yet, just left forearm discomfort, which has a very wide range of possibilities. If you play in a league where new sources of saves are treated like gold you add now. If it turns into nothing then you move on to the next one.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, David Aames said:

are we looking at a long term injury possibility?

Anytime i hear forearm, triceps, or elbow I consider them doneso until proven otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, 96mnc said:

Anytime i hear forearm, triceps, or elbow I consider them doneso until proven otherwise. 

Agreed.   Add in that it was from the Vazquez himself that said it did not feel right and that is more troubling. At the very least, he's going to be examined and even if it's just inflammation, more likely than not he's going to be shut down for a period of time to rest the arm.

Wasnt Anderson the guy to own when Middleton went down but he sucked and Parker took over?  This sport is ruining my life... jk 

• Haha 2

so this pirates beat writer says this:

Felipe Vazquez was forced to leave Sunday's game against the Cardinals with left forearm discomfort.
Vazquez was put in a tough spot on Sunday, coming on with the bases loaded and the Pirates holding a 4-3 lead in the eighth inning. He allowed an RBI single to Harrison Bader, walked Yairo Munoz to force in another run, allowed a third run to score on a fielder's choice, then walked Greg Garcia before departing. Vazquez was being treated and evaluated and was not available for comment after the game. If the injury forces him to miss some time, Edgar Santana could be the next man up in the ninth inning for the Pirates and may be worth a speculative add in all formats. May 27 - 5:26 PM

did he just troll us??????
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, David Aames said:

Felipe Vazquez was forced to leave Sunday's game against the Cardinals with left forearm discomfort.
Vazquez was put in a tough spot on Sunday, coming on with the bases loaded and the Pirates holding a 4-3 lead in the eighth inning. He allowed an RBI single to Harrison Bader, walked Yairo Munoz to force in another run, allowed a third run to score on a fielder's choice, then walked Greg Garcia before departing. Vazquez was being treated and evaluated and was not available for comment after the game. If the injury forces him to miss some time, Edgar Santana could be the next man up in the ninth inning for the Pirates and may be worth a speculative add in all formats. May 27 - 5:26 PM

Why would you think it's a troll?

9 minutes ago, David Aames said:

I’m betting on monkey

13 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Why would you think it's a troll?

because  it appears santana is the least expected to take over right?

Edited by David Aames

I don't think the beat writer speculated about Santana.  RW did a flip-flop in their commentary I think.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, David Aames said:

He didn't say anything of the kind..... the blue is the blurb writer.  

2 minutes ago, David Aames said:

because  it appears anthony is the least expected to take over right?

Do you mean Santana? And no, I don't think he's the least expected. RichRod will probably be left in his role because he's excelling there and helping the team the most there. Feliz isn't very good. Santana has solid numbers (his FIP supports his ERA), and he has 17 career saves in the minors, so he's done it before. 

Just now, David Aames said:

so adam berry never mentioned santana?

Follow the link in the blurb.... it flows to his twitter account and search there.  There is an article you can read.  If I had to guess, and I stress guess, based on Hurdle's comments, I'm going to guess Feliz will get the first opportunity if Vazquez is injured.  I think he'll have a very short leash however.

1 minute ago, David Aames said:

so adam berry never mentioned santana?

No, Berry just noted that Vazquez was dealing with forearm tightness.  No speculation by him, whom the Pirates turn to for closing duties.

1 minute ago, David Aames said:

damn rotoworld fooled me! i should have known better and grabbed feliz

I personally like Santana better as a spec play. Even if Feliz gets the job first, nothing in his history tells me he has the stuff to hold onto it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see Feliz being a good option. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Last 2 saves for Vazquez:  Feliz got the 8th innings and held down the fort

Last three games for Feliz: 2 IP, 7 ER, 7 H/W, 2 K. He does not inspire confidence with a career 4.98 ERA and 1.35 WHIP.