murraygd13

May Closer Thread 2018

1 minute ago, SpartanDawg said:

So who gets the 9th for the Phillies if Neris doesn’t screw this up? Dominguez, Garcia, someone else?

Dominguez because he is on my bench

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Romo locks it down!!!  Top 5 starter ROS and top 5 closer ROS!  If Ohtani can double time, why not Sergio?

Era at 6 yet? Easy pass for me

10 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

So Romo is their starter and their closer? Am I getting this right?

I might become a Rays fan if they regularly swing him between both roles.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

so is romo a must add now ? 

Please do

Edubray and Sir Anthony both warming in the Phils pen right now.  Only Sir Anthony was warming up when Tommy Hunter came in, which leads me to believe that Edubray will come in if the Phils blow it open and Sir Anthony will come in if it's a save opp.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aifan27 said:

Edubray and Sir Anthony both warming in the Phils pen right now.  Only Sir Anthony was warming up when Tommy Hunter came in, which leads me to believe that Edubray will come in if the Phils blow it open and Sir Anthony will come in if it's a save opp.

This would be interesting but knowing the Phillies it’ll be completely different tomorrow

I had Kela and Dominguez lined up for saves which I needed badly yet their offenses won’t stop scoring runs!   

Anyways would Dominguez have come in for a save opp if it remained close? 

The Phils set Sir Anthony down once it was not a save category anymore. He is a hold and once he gets a chance to get consecutive saves he will run away with the job. He is the best reliever on that team. I said it before if he was dropped add him it is only a matter of time until he takes that job and runs with it.

• Like 2

ugh, that pirates beat writer who suggested Santana needs a new career, that was an unpleasant waste of a move and era/whip hit.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackbeard said:

ugh, that pirates beat writer who suggested Santana needs a new career, that was an unpleasant waste of a move and era/whip hit.

Completely destroyed my ratios 

Rich Rod should be given an opportunity imho.  He has the best stuff and numbers in that pen.  Wake up Hurdle and give it a try.  You are not passing up any world beaters to test the theory.

1 hour ago, panthers528 said:

Rich Rod should be given an opportunity imho.  He has the best stuff and numbers in that pen.  Wake up Hurdle and give it a try.  You are not passing up any world beaters to test the theory.

He has 20 innings this year as a 28 year old career minor leaguer.  He maybe great, but 20 innings is an awfully small sample size.  He has one bad outing and his ERA and WHIP both get ugly quick.  Not saying he might not be their best reliever, but if I'm managing it's tough to trust a guy with that few innings.  

Edited by murraygd13
  • Like 2

I have to hope that with the Rays Alvarado wasn't available last night after going 1.1 IP (23 pitches) the day before. although Romo also pitched in that same game and had 11 pitches. who knows what is going on in TB, where they use their reliever to start games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I have to hope that with the Rays Alvarado wasn't available last night after going 1.1 IP (23 pitches) the day before. although Romo also pitched in that same game and had 11 pitches. who knows what is going on in TB, where they use their reliever to start games.

Well someone above said he was up...?

Idk about TB or Phi, but I know who their best RP's are...gotta hope that wins out for the save chasers!

3 hours ago, panthers528 said:

Santana was pretty rough last night, but RichRod is not elite. He's been vulnerable recently...3.86 ERA, 1.50 WHIP over his last 10 outings (9.1 IP). Compared to Santana's last 10 outings...2.79 ERA, 1.03 WHIP (9.2 IP). It's all likely moot anyway...Vazquez pitched a scoreless 9th last night.

And for the record, I own no one in the Pirates bullpen. 

Reds activated RHP Raisel Iglesias from the 10-day disabled list.

Iglesias missed exactly 10 days with a strained biceps muscle in his left (non-throwing) arm. Cincinnati's closer has registered sharp a 2.08 ERA, 0.92 WHIP, and 27/8 K/BB ratio through 21 2/3 innings this season. He is 8-for-10 in save opportunities.

Hughes and/or Garrett can be dropped

1 minute ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Tepera = hot garbage 

He labored, but Bogaerts' hit was the only hard-hit ball off of him. JDM hit a tapper to him, and he made the ill-advised throw to 2B, committing an error. Devers popped up. Nunez reached as far as he could to hit a little oppo flair. Then Holt hits a slow bouncer where the SS should have been (he was playing right in front of 2B), and it rolled into shallow LF. Then he struck out Moreland and Vazquez. It's a rough line, but Bogaerts is the only one who squared Tepera up. I wouldn't call this outing "hot garbage". 

• Like 2