Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

So the roto blurb makes it appear as if Quinn's comments indicate an extended absence for Freeman, yet there are multiple articles from much more reputable sources that suggest the contrary. Quinn says the team considers Devonta "day to day," which is what I am much more likely to believe. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/falcons-devonta-freeman-considered-day-to-day/

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

So the roto blurb makes it appear as if Quinn's comments indicate an extended absence for Freeman, yet there are multiple articles from much more reputable sources that suggest the contrary. Quinn says the team considers Devonta "day to day," which is what I am much more likely to believe. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/falcons-devonta-freeman-considered-day-to-day/

If he is out for more than 2 weeks, I’ve oficially found my new favorite player to hate for the rest of eternity...

thanks for walking me back from the ledge 

• Like 1

I don’t trust anything Freeman or the Falcons say. They all acted like Freeman was in no dander of missing time immediately after week 1. I expect him out two more games.

1 hour ago, J Boogie said:

After the week 1 game they said he was "day to day".  Then on 9/7 they said his knee is "fine".  Then he proceeded to miss all of last week's practice and sat out game 2.  Yeah okay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

After the week 1 game they said he was "day to day".  Then on 9/7 they said his knee is "fine".  Then he proceeded to miss all of last week's practice and sat out game 2.  Yeah okay.

and then after tomorrow there will be reports out of Atlanta about possible amputation

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

and then after tomorrow there will be reports out of Atlanta about possible amputation

And then immediately after surgery “Falcons say Freeman expected to be limited in practice next week”.

• Haha 1

I wanted to trade for Freeman... but there’s just not enough information.

They might decide to use Coleman as much as possible, even after Freeman returns.

The bone bruise could be less of an injury and more of a symptom of a chronic knee problem.  

This is might be a good buy low candidate, but it’s risky.  I made a bid for Mixon instead...

So where do we put his value right now? Is this a situation worth throwing a dart at? Seems like he’s a good trade candidate if whoever on your league has him is 0-2. He’s still one of the most talented backs in the league.

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

So where do we put his value right now? Is this a situation worth throwing a dart at? Seems like he’s a good trade candidate if whoever on your league has him is 0-2. He’s still one of the most talented backs in the league.

Since we aren't sure how bad his knee is. What kind of offer would you send out?

55 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Since we aren't sure how bad his knee is. What kind of offer would you send out?

Imm in the same boat here... who should I be able to snag for him?

1 hour ago, Woonga24 said:

I’m thinking a strong WR2 and a playable RB. Something like Landry + Carson/Lindsay/Barber. From my experience though owners tend to hold guys with uncertain injuries more than they should.

1 hour ago, dannyz6969 said:

so is he day to day ? ... or is his career over?

It's somewhere between those two

• Haha 2

Is he a buy low candidate? I have Coleman and the guy that has Freeman is 0-2 with Bell and Freeman lol

3 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

Is he a buy low candidate? I have Coleman and the guy that has Freeman is 0-2 with Bell and Freeman lol

im a freeman owner and all i get is low ball offers, but if he really is out upto 4 weeks and say the falcons go 4-0 with coleman tearing it up, do they really bring freeman back to start? 

24 minutes ago, nyda88 said:

im a freeman owner and all i get is low ball offers, but if he really is out upto 4 weeks and say the falcons go 4-0 with coleman tearing it up, do they really bring freeman back to start? 

I think in that scenario they will go with a Freeman-Coleman type committee, with Coleman playing the Freeman role and Freeman playing the Coleman role

4 hours ago, nyda88 said:

I think so. Freeman is the better talent. Yeah, Coleman will put up monster numbers with Freeman out but so would Freeman if Coleman was out and Freeman operated as a bell cow.