Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

Atlanta can't really afford to go 1 and 3. Rush or no rush they need him soon 

With multi-week knee injuries there's almost always a "tease" week where the guy practices on a limited basis throughout the week, the coaches keep saying he's a game-time call, and then he's inactive.  Usually the guy plays the week after that.  When we get to the point where Freeman isn't ruled out on Friday, then we'll know he's about a week from returning.

I don't think there's any chance he plays this week, but if they at least act like he's going to play he's probable for next week.

• Like 1

I have a gut season this is gonna turn out to be a lost season. The tea leaves are telling me he gives it a go week 5, does not feel right, then he is out until after bye, then just does not do very well

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 1:00 PM, urban2014 said:

Atlanta can't really afford to go 1 and 3. Rush or no rush they need to figure out how to use Coleman soon 

Fixed for ya!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 4:00 PM, urban2014 said:

Atlanta can't really afford to go 1 and 3. Rush or no rush they need him soon 

I don’t think their offense has been the problem these last two weeks 

• Like 1

Sell low IMO. Not to CSB but I was able to trade him away (barring something catastrophic happening in the next two days during the trade pending period which might force a cancellation/veto depending on if my league notices) and I feel really happy about it.

If this really is the same knee as last year, I feel like not only is he going to never be "totally 100%," but even when he is 100%, Coleman still gets a lot of snaps, as we saw in week 1 before Freeman's exit. I don't expect his value to ever be the same for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

There's like no updates on this dude anymore. You'd think he was getting his leg amputated. I'm starting to think this dude just doesn't want to play. I mean following Game 1, he said 'I'm fine, I'm definitely going to be out there next week'. Now it's week 4.....

12 hours ago, omnom1337 said:

Sell low IMO. Not to CSB but I was able to trade him away (barring something catastrophic happening in the next two days during the trade pending period which might force a cancellation/veto depending on if my league notices) and I feel really happy about it.

If this really is the same knee as last year, I feel like not only is he going to never be "totally 100%," but even when he is 100%, Coleman still gets a lot of snaps, as we saw in week 1 before Freeman's exit. I don't expect his value to ever be the same for the rest of the year.

Yep. I feel like the real concern here is that we may be looking at more of an even split than we’ve been accustomed to in past years once Freeman returns

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

There's like no updates on this dude anymore. You'd think he was getting his leg amputated. I'm starting to think this dude just doesn't want to play. I mean following Game 1, he said 'I'm fine, I'm definitely going to be out there next week'. Now it's week 4.....

this is a 2-4 week injury. We're in week 3. Relax

Coleman sub 2.5 ypc 2/3 weeks.   He’s not a good rb in tight spaces like Devonte.    They’ll need Freeman.  

Edited by Impreza178

13 minutes ago, remark900 said:

Ummmm, all of a sudden he disappeared from practice. Wouldn’t hold out hope for him this year. He was probably out there cause they were passing out game checks. 

Devonta Freeman (knee) disappeared after the Falcons stretched at the beginning of Thursday's practice.

Falcons reporters had labeled Freeman as "returning" on Thursday, but it is still quite possible he is designated "DNP" on the injury report. It's looking like we will see another week of Tevin Coleman starting duties.

Edited by Sonny_D

Was a DND before and this makes it worse. Even when he returns I see him getting dinged up again or getting a concussion and missing a week or two

1 minute ago, drisser said:

He probably just had to take a dump. 

on fantasy owners everywhere

• Haha 3