Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, rotomonster3 said:

Might want to edit your second sentence there bud, haha. 

Lol, it won't let me. I hate word correct on these phones.

23 minutes ago, raidaz18 said:

Coleman owner here.

I wanted to draft Freeman but couldn't land him in the 2nd unfortunately. I think highly of both blacks and forsee them putting up good numbers even in the same game.

I do agree though that Freeman will no longer dominate carries and see a close to 50/50 split.

One thing I noticed last night is that Coleman looked like a better pass blocker than Freeman. Freeman was getting run over while Coleman picked up a blitz that sprang Julio for a big gain.

I see both guys getting lots of work with either back being able to play in any situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Freeman looked like he took a helmet to the knee on his last run. Probably just a stinger. Could easily have been a serviceable score if he’d gotten into the end zone on one of those 4 attempts.

An unfortunate start to the season, but not concerned TBH.

ATL front office and Sarkisian ... smh... hey lets give devonta a 41 million dollar contract and proceed to get only 6 carries a game from our stud workhorse that dominated 2015 as the best RB in the league. 

the falcons twitter is littered with #firesark tags . He won't last 3 weeks 

Edited by dannyz6969

12 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

ATL front office and Sarkisian ... smh... hey lets give devonta a 41 million dollar contract and proceed to get only 6 carries a game from our stud workhorse that dominated 2015 as the best RB in the league. 

the falcons twitter is littered with #firesark tags . He won't last 3 weeks 

Agree that Sark needs to go

Freeman's problem has and will always be the fact that Coleman is there.  Freeman is very talented, but so is Coleman.  So long as both are there, they will continue to eat into each other's production.  

1 hour ago, mikeflavaz said:

Freeman's problem has and will always be the fact that Coleman is there.  Freeman is very talented, but so is Coleman.  So long as both are there, they will continue to eat into each other's production.  

as we have said many times that's why he goes in the 2nd round not 1st. If there was no Coleman he would be a top 7 pick.

so..... yeah....

but the last 3 years Coleman really hasn't been a problem. The problem has been injuries and new OC. Not Coleman. There is enough to go around with Freeman and Coleman.

Freeman can be worth his 2nd round ADP even with Coleman there, the falcons need to score points like are supposed to. On the road in Philly is not ideal, hopefully it’s just a blip. Health is more my concern, then play calling/Ryan in the red zone.

They were playing the Champs at the Champions home...No one in Atlanta did much 

3 hours ago, urban2014 said:

They were playing the Champs at the Champions home...No one in Atlanta did much 

I hope you're right. But next week Carolina, doesn't look that much easier honestly. I'm very concerned as a Freeman 2nd round owner. He better start catching more passes against these top end run D's....

Edited by MrPositive

8 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

I hope you're right. But next week Carolina, doesn't look that much easier honestly. I'm very concerned as a Freeman 2nd round owner. He better start catching more passes against these top end run D's....

not worried, clearly looked like the better runner just horrible execution on ryans part and tough philly front line. He was stuffed for a Td at the goal line which i think he gets more often then not, and then ryan overthrew him for a few screen plays. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nyda88 said:

not worried, clearly looked like the better runner just horrible execution on ryans part and tough philly front line. He was stuffed for a Td at the goal line which i think he gets more often then not, and then ryan overthrew him for a few screen plays. 

His pass catching is what has died the past 3 years though. Going from 73 receptions in 2015, to 54 in 2016, to a measly 36 last season. He needs to be WAAAY more involved in the receiving game for fantasy owners and the Falcons.

59 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

His pass catching is what has died the past 3 years though. Going from 73 receptions in 2015, to 54 in 2016, to a measly 36 last season. He needs to be WAAAY more involved in the receiving game for fantasy owners and the Falcons.

they made it a point to get him involved against philly but ryan was just terrible and then he got hurt. Actually watching the game you can tell they were actively trying to use him more, even giving him plays that should've went to coleman instead. There was a sweeping run to the left for a run at the goal line that got stuffed that im sure coleman would've made with ease (which is what he usually has done in teh past) but i think there really trying to get Freeman more involved. 

1 hour ago, dannyz6969 said:

any news on the knee injury? is this going to carry over from last season where he played with MCL and PCL sprains? sigh...

there is no ligament damage 

2 hours ago, dannyz6969 said:

any news on the knee injury? is this going to carry over from last season where he played with MCL and PCL sprains? sigh...

Rapoport says he's good to go week 2 fwiw

• Like 1

Falcons promoted RB Brian Hill from the practice squad. Freeman’s injury might be worse than we thought.

Is this surprising? Had the chance to draft him this year...then I had Vietnam flashbacks of ALL of last year..

"Not today, satan"

It will be hard for me to start him this week if he plays, but I probably will.  I'd rather see him take this week off in what I'm pretty sure will be another very physical game, making my decision easier. It's early enough in the year that most people will have a suitable RB2/3 to be plugged in for a week or two while Freeman gets right.  I just wish we had more information about what exactly this injury is - stinger? sprain? ugh.

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

It will be hard for me to start him this week if he plays, but I probably will.  I'd rather see him take this week off in what I'm pretty sure will be another very physical game, making my decision easier. It's early enough in the year that most people will have a suitable RB2/3 to be plugged in for a week or two while Freeman gets right.  I just wish we had more information about what exactly this injury is - stinger? sprain? ugh.

Well, it's a knee injury. So I am pretty sure we can rule out the stinger. 

Just now, LarryDavid said:

Well, it's a knee injury. So I am pretty sure we can rule out the stinger. 

By stinger I kind of mean is it a bruise or is there ligament damage.  The way it's being talked about sounds more like a deep bruise rather than a sprain or tear, but if it's a sprain or tear I'll be ready to be without free for a couple weeks.