Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

He will play through it, be ineffective, and kill both his and Coleman's value.  Rinse and repeat for the rest of the season.  Then, after the season, we will told that this injury was much worse than we were told.

Edited by Bastardo!

13 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

He will play through it, be ineffective, and kill both his and Coleman's value.  Rinse and repeat for the rest of the season.  Then, after the season, we will told that this injury was much worse than we were told.

makes no sense to play him through injury, especially for an extended period of time (and let alone if he's being ineffective): they paid him a lot, and coleman is perfectly capable of holding the fort in his absence.

hopefully freeman is 100% and plays or isn't and sits...none of this "will give it a go" stuff only to aggravate the injury even more

I have Coleman and Freeman and I honestly hope Freeman sits this one out so I can start Coleman. I'm afraid of the same thing as last week where Freeman poops and Coleman gets the TD's. Honestly it's almost tempting to start Coleman ahead of him anyway and you have to wonder if Coleman will get more volume because of Freeman's injury.

I own Coleman and I'm tempted to try to get freeman from the owner, but the thought of needed to decide who to start with these 2 would drive me insane. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

I have Coleman and Freeman and I honestly hope Freeman sits this one out so I can start Coleman. I'm afraid of the same thing as last week where Freeman poops and Coleman gets the TD's. Honestly it's almost tempting to start Coleman ahead of him anyway and you have to wonder if Coleman will get more volume because of Freeman's injury.

Same..  I'm plugging in Coleman unless they say "freeman is 100% and no snap count"

He probably has some type of bone bruise going on. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Still concering that he could not practice today considering he had a few extra days rest coming off the Thursday game. 

11 hours ago, warpster said:

makes no sense to play him through injury, especially for an extended period of time (and let alone if he's being ineffective): they paid him a lot, and coleman is perfectly capable of holding the fort in his absence.

Atlanta has 44 million reasons to ride this dude into the ground. (Or whatever he signed for)

Not looking good for Freeman this week. Coleman looking like the better start either way at this point.

Edited by bigbluecrew56

3 minutes ago, jeremyt7 said:

well this is becoming a disaster already

Not when you have Coleman to back him up.

19 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Not looking good for Freeman this week. Coleman looking like the better start either way at this point.

Curious on the "have more tomorrow" comment by Dan Quinn.  Does he mean will have more news tomorrow regarding his knee?  Or does he mean will have more practice tomorrow?  Everybody already knows that NFL teams practice Wed, Thurs, Fri.

2 minutes ago, reichl555 said:

Not when you have Coleman to back him up.

This. This is the price you pay drafting Freeman. You have to take Coleman later. Instead of wasting a second round pick, you have the entire back field locked up.

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

This. This is the price you pay drafting Freeman. You have to take Coleman later. Instead of wasting a second round pick, you have the entire back field locked up.

Yea I ****ed that part of it up. Oh well. I had Coleman on my radar and then he was picked right before me.

Ideal situation: Freemans injury isn't that bad, he sits out this crap matchup, and gets right.

This is a win for Coleman owners cause they get a RB1 rental for the week and a win for Freeman owners cause we dodge a sketch matchup and get our healthy stud back.

Prayers up.

• Like 2

From Evan Silva's preview of ATL-CAR...

"Devonta Freeman exited Week 1 with a third-quarter aggravation of the right MCL/PCL injury he played through down last year’s stretch. He appears unlikely to play, setting up Tevin Coleman for a near-full workload against Thomas Davis-less Carolina. "

I have both running backs and I'm taking my gamble with Coleman. I think Coleman produces even if Freeman plays and could get more volume than usual. If Freeman plays there's risk he just doesn't produce like last week.

Edited by WVFalcon

11 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

From Evan Silva's preview of ATL-CAR...

"Devonta Freeman exited Week 1 with a third-quarter aggravation of the right MCL/PCL injury he played through down last year’s stretch. He appears unlikely to play, setting up Tevin Coleman for a near-full workload against Thomas Davis-less Carolina. "

The **** does Evan Silva know? I’m sure he’s right on Dan Quinn’s speed dial. That said he’s probably right and I hope Freeman does sit.

18 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

The **** does Evan Silva know? I’m sure he’s right on Dan Quinn’s speed dial. That said he’s probably right and I hope Freeman does sit.

He knows more than any of us.

I'm just posting what I saw that wasn't on the thread. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cousinal111 said:

He knows more than any of us.

I'm just posting what I saw that wasn't on the thread. 

Oh I know, I just hate when fantasy analysts act like they are insiders. I find that to usually not be the case.

• Like 3

Freeman literally says 'I'm fine and ready to go next week' right after the game, then not ready to go. I never understand anything in football.

• Like 1