Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

53 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Freeman literally says 'I'm fine and ready to go next week' right after the game, then not ready to go. I never understand anything in football.

See the Fournette thread.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

I have both running backs and I'm taking my gamble with Coleman. I think Coleman produces even if Freeman plays and could get more volume than usual. If Freeman plays there's risk he just doesn't produce like last week.

Same. Coleman is a full go for me. He's being prepped this week to carry the load. Freeman could not even get limited work in the past two days. Doubt he even plays this week. Freeman might be paying for not getting surgery on that weak MCL and PCL. Count our lucky stars we were able to cuff him with a talent like Coleman who's in a contract year. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

I just had a feeling Devonta was a horrible round 2nd selection for me. He's done nothing but decline for 3 years straight Yet, I fell for the Rotoworld hype of a big bounce back. Keep me away form high places please.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

I just had a feeling Devonta was a horrible round 2nd selection for me. He's done nothing but decline for 3 years straight Yet, I fell for the Rotoworld hype of a big bounce back. Keep me away form high places please.

Same here. I got him for relatively cheap in the leagues i ended up with him, but didn't feel good about it. Tried not to let personal feelings affect my decision making too much. The thing is, he looked really good running the ball in the first game in the few opps. he got. But I think this offense is just a dumpster fire and will continue to be, which saps all value. 

8 minutes ago, nromn said:

Same here. I got him for relatively cheap in the leagues i ended up with him, but didn't feel good about it. Tried not to let personal feelings affect my decision making too much. The thing is, he looked really good running the ball in the first game in the few opps. he got. But I think this offense is just a dumpster fire and will continue to be, which saps all value. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I just have this weird feeling that he just doesn't have the fire to be awesome like he used to as well. He just feels off. I should have avoided big time and selected Howard. My friends will enjoy my donation money I'm sure.

Edited by MrPositive

16 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Freeman literally says 'I'm fine and ready to go next week' right after the game, then not ready to go. I never understand anything in football.

Adrenaline. Once your body comes down off of the high and the aches and pain start to show it's ugly face, it's a whole different animal.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I learned my lesson last year from drafting this dude. Never again 

yup been there last year..never again he was listed as "Can't cut" player in the yahoo league and just wasted a bench spot all year for this guy and it costed me heavily

not the best beginning of the season, granted, but he can still end up being better than last season, which was a "down year" and he still was a high end RB2 (also missing three games).

Edited by warpster

I think of Devonta as a solid RB2 anyways.  When DJ went down last year he was my RB1 and yes, that season was a disaster with Devonta at the helm.  But like it has been said, if he gets right this week, he could still have a very productive season as a top end RB2.  In fact, if this knee issue is minor, I'm quite certain he will have a productive season.  If he's your guy you were hoping to get RB1 production from though, yeah, I'd be nervous.

2 hours ago, MrPositive said:

For RotoWorld standards, 9 pages is the opposite if hype. If the player doesn't have 50 pages, he's not hyped. 

• Like 2

I just wish we knew what the hell is going on with the knee. Seems like very little information on what is going on. All we have is no structural damage.