NYR Fan 116894

Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

Seems like a nightmare backfield. Wilkins/Mack/Hines will all be involved all season 

Marlon Mack (foot/hamstring) didn't practice on Wednesday.

It's a concern after Mack missed most of training camp and Week 1 with a nagging hamstring injury. Mack must have picked up the foot issue in Sunday's win at Washington. If Mack can't go against the Eagles in Week 3, it would open up backfield work for Jordan Wilkins as well as fellow rookie Nyheim Hines.

Just now, sjm76 said:

Drop city for me.  It seems like he's had one injury after another.

Lol - Wed practice reports probably the most meaningless information for fantasy owners.  Coaches can literally declare anything as a reason the player is limited or misses practice and routinely anyone that is even slightly banged up on Sunday does not practice on Wed but rather stays in the training room getting treatment for whatever. 

If he misses Thur/Friday completely - yes he's gonna sit this week and its frustrating bc it feels like an injury lingering type season already but I wouldnt give up on a productive RB position that could pay dividends come Byes or as other injuries pile up.  

If you have bench space, dropping him for some WR5 or a 3rd RB on a depth chart RB is foolish.  The Colts want to use this kid this year to see what hes got. 

• Like 1

I want to drop him, but don't have great options on the WW, so he'll stick around another week for me and I'll see what he does.

Good: The other RBs over there aren't good.

Bad: Dude keeps getting injured and doesn't have some pedigree (e.g., Fournette) to suggest he automatically gets the starting job when he returns.

7 hours ago, FF4life said:

Not worth rostering

Drop

Edited by Patrick Bateman
PM him if you care that much.

Again...Wed practice. He's fine. No practice on Friday, then be concerned.

Dropping him is foolish and premature. 

If you are depending on Mack as your bellcow starter, you might as well wait and see. You don't have better options. If he is just a lottery ticket, you wait it out. I have him and plan to see what I have without having to compete or burn a waiver bid. It is week 3. Some people have the patience of a three year old in a Chuck E Cheese line. Relax. We are just getting started. He will be what he will be. I'd rather discover that while he is rostered and rehabing with MY team. Imagine holding him all through preaseason, weeks 1-2 only to have him blow up on someone else's roster week 6. It is not a certainty, but it is a possibility. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

If you are depending on Mack as your bellcow starter, you might as well wait and see. You don't have better options. If he is just a lottery ticket, you wait it out. I have him and plan to see what I have without having to compete or burn a waiver bid. It is week 3. Some people have the patience of a three year old in a Chuck E Cheese line. Relax. We are just getting started. He will be what he will be. I'd rather discover that while he is rostered and rehabing with MY team. Imagine holding him all through preaseason, weeks 1-2 only to have him blow up on someone else's roster week 6. It is not a certainty, but it is a possibility. 

Agreed. Hopefully he's not on another limited snap count this week so we can actually see what's up with this backfield. Seeing that he's still banged up is frustrating though.

In one league I kept Mack this week and dropped Dede Westbrook and Theo Riddick to pick up new players in a deep bench half point PPR league. I think I might have made a mistake keeping him over either of them. Gimpy hamstring, and now a foot injury? I'll see if he practices tmrw but I might just drop him for a 2nd Defense or try to pick Westbrook back up. He's shown flashes but has never really had a good NFL game yet this year or last. I think he had one good week once actually, but this situation looks like it wont be winning any leagues right now.

I'll be waiting for the right WW to pop up before I drop Mack. But I don't like his situation. If Indy gave their RB1 20-25 carries a game, I wouldn't be too concerned about his injuries. But they don't, they're going with a committee. Could he have played more if he didn't get hurt in Week 2? Probably. But he got hurt. Again. This happens a lot. He's very injury prone. Id just steer clear of that entire Colts backfield until they stop using a committee. 

7 hours ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

I'll be waiting for the right WW to pop up before I drop Mack. But I don't like his situation. If Indy gave their RB1 20-25 carries a game, I wouldn't be too concerned about his injuries. But they don't, they're going with a committee. Could he have played more if he didn't get hurt in Week 2? Probably. But he got hurt. Again. This happens a lot. He's very injury prone. Id just steer clear of that entire Colts backfield until they stop using a committee. 

It was Wednesday let’s wait and see what it says today and tomorrow 

15 minutes ago, Mixmasterjeff said:

Body bag the guy and shoot him into the sun.  He's done...

Like Spock at the end of Wrath of Khan?

Had to drop him. Only sending this out not to bash but for others considering it. I was on the fence but his situation is getting worst and worst. You can always pick him back up. No one wants him right now. Unless your in a deep league.

I dropped Dede Westrbook instead of Mack this week. With another day of missed practice and the road for him to be productive in fantasy so foggy, I think I might undo that mistake and just pick Westbrook back up tonight. I have AP, James White, and Buck Allen on my bench as RBs. So I value him just below all of those guys at this point. I reached a little for him in my early draft too, but it might be time to cut the cord for everybody. I mean look at his stats last year, not too good. I know we all thought he could build on that and have opportunity to be number one in a high powered offense, but it's not looking like any of that has a chance of happening soon.

Maybe by week 10 Luck is back in his old shape, and the committee gets sorted out or someone else gets injured, and the Colts entire Offense looks better, and Mack is fully healed, then he COULD be good as an RB 3, maybe even RB 2 best case. I just can't see it any time soon