BigPapi44

Brandon Marsh, OF LAA

Figured this guy deserved his own thread.  Marsh has been mashing as a 20 year old (not 21 until end of December '18) in the Midwest League.  He put up strong numbers last year in rookie ball, but was often hurt.  He was a two sport athlete in high school, so he has only recently committed full-time to baseball, and therefore is a bit behind some others his age in terms of his development.  I believe the Angels have him playing CF in Burlington.  He is athletic and has speed.  He's 6'4 210lbs, he is developing some power but I don't think he will ever be a plus plus power guy.  Seems more like a 20-20 type if all works out.  If he has not already been picked up in your league, I would grab him now before he's gone. 

Edited by BigPapi44
  • Like 2

Kind of weird that he doesn't have a thread yet as publications like BA have been hyping him big since early last year. When he's on the field he rakes, but he often injured. With that said, there's a growing contingent that believe he's the best Angel prospect ahead of Jo Adell. As was mentioned, grab him now, because he's the type of talent that could rocket up boards.

• Like 2

Good tout on Marsh. He's a monster in the making. Just look at the dude...everything about him screams future star. He's got a beautiful developing hit tool, plus raw power, above average speed and a cannon of a right arm. The angels scored big time with him

He's a big candidate to break out. I picked him up last year and sold him a few weeks ago for a nice profit, and not because I was down on him either. 

Some evaluators in the angels system have him on par with addell.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2018 at 4:14 PM, brockpapersizer said:

He's a big candidate to break out. I picked him up last year and sold him a few weeks ago for a nice profit, and not because I was down on him either. 

Some evaluators in the angels system have him on par with addell.

I really want to see a Marsh/Trout/Adell of in a few years.   Make NFL teams jealous.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎18 at 8:04 PM, BigPapi44 said:

That was fast!  He's going to be moving up lists soon.

Yes, he is.  Went from 99 on BA's Top 100 list to 64 in a month.

Seems to me that Marsh has been one of the underrated prospects this year. He came in today with a slash line of:  .287/.378/.414/.792.  his number's are compare or a bit better to a guy like Krilloff. 

He's been working out at 1B.  Think they bring him up this year to get some exposure to MLB pitching?  Not like Pujols is doing anything to keep him down.  And he could also take time away from Upton/Goodwin in OF.