BigPapi44

Franmil Reyes OF Padres

At 6'5 and 240lbs, Franmil Reyes is a rather large individual.  Right now, the 22 year old (turning 23 in July) is a large individual that is crushing baseballs.  Having three 2 homer games in a row is quite a feat and already gives him 11 on the season.   Wowsas!  Digging deeper, it looks like Reyes is following up on his breakout in AA last year where he hit 25 HRs with San Antonio, but that only came with a .258 avg.  Besides his 11 homers, he is hitting .311 with a .400 OBP.  That's pretty good.  When trying to find out more about him, I found these two articles from Spring Training.  It sounds like he has made some adjustments though realizes that strikeouts will be something he has to continue to work on.  So far, the walk rate is up, which is a good sign.  Perhaps this is a mirage, but it also may be that the Padres have another dynamic Outfielder on the horizon.  For those of us in the fantasy circle, the window to grab him may close quickly if he keeps this up.

https://friarsonbase.com/2018/02/27/san-diego-padres-prospect-franmil-reyes/

https://friarsonbase.com/2018/03/26/san-diego-padres-fob-franmil-reyes/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

At 6'5 and 240lbs, Franmil Reyes is a rather large individual.  Right now, the 22 year old (turning 23 in July) is a large individual that is crushing baseballs.  Having three 2 homer games in a row is quite a feat and already gives him 11 on the season.   Wowsas!  Digging deeper, it looks like Reyes is following up on his breakout in AA last year where he hit 25 HRs with San Antonio, but that only came with a .258 avg.  Besides his 11 homers, he is hitting .311 with a .400 OBP.  That's pretty good.  When trying to find out more about him, I found these two articles from Spring Training.  It sounds like he has made some adjustments though realizes that strikeouts will be something he has to continue to work on.  So far, the walk rate is up, which is a good sign.  Perhaps this is a mirage, but it also may be that the Padres have another dynamic Outfielder on the horizon.  For those of us in the fantasy circle, the window to grab him may close quickly if he keeps this up.

https://friarsonbase.com/2018/02/27/san-diego-padres-prospect-franmil-reyes/

https://friarsonbase.com/2018/03/26/san-diego-padres-fob-franmil-reyes/

Was going to post him in the breakout prospects thread today. 

I've said before I have questions about Preller and company when it comes to constructing a MLB roster and spending money. 

When it comes to scouting and player development I think they are the best in baseball. 

• Like 2

Franmil Reyes, has hit 7 homers in the last 4 games and is now hitting .327/.411/.720/1.131 on the season, hes an OF with the Padres organization

how is this for hot though

last 5 games

13-18! (.722, 1.944slg, 2.666 OPS ) 7 hrs 1 2b, 11rbi, 10 runs scored 

I posted his yesterday in the Deep sleepers

add today 3-5 hr, 2b, off top of wall.

last 6 games

16-23 8 homers, 2 2b, 14 rbi, 12 runs scored

to put in prospective, he went 3-5 and it brought his average down over this streak...also game not over yet.  And 6 of his homers have been Opposite shots

Edited by Golden Spikes
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Franmil Reyes, has hit 7 homers in the last 4 games and is now hitting .327/.411/.720/1.131 on the season, hes an OF with the Padres organization

how is this for hot though

last 5 games

13-18! (.722, 1.944slg, 2.666 OPS ) 7 hrs 1 2b, 11rbi, 10 runs scored 

I posted his yesterday in the Deep sleepers

add today 3-5 hr, 2b, off top of wall.

last 6 games

16-23 8 homers, 2 2b, 14 rbi, 12 runs scored

to put in prospective, he went 3-5 and it brought his average down over this streak...also game not over yet.  And 6 of his homers have been Opposite shots

A little late to the party, GS, as this thread was already created beforehand.  Still, good you are on the hype train let's all ride it.  All aboard!

Edited by BigPapi44

2 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

A little late to the party, GS, as this thread was already created beforehand.  Still, good you are on the hype train let's all ride it.  All aboard!

yeah I didnt see this yesterday, but over on the Padres forums we been talking for a week or so

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

yeah I didnt see this yesterday, but over on the Padres forums we been talking for a week or so

Don't surf the Pads threads at all, so please keep us posted on what you get any intel from Team beat-writers, scouts, etc., on him.

He has 12 homers in his last 17 games, including 8 in his last 5 games.

Looking at video of him, he has monster power.

He's only 22 and in AAA.

I'm taking a flier.

49 minutes ago, Pap said:

Ok, when are they calling this guy up?

No need yet.   Let him keep crushing AAA.  

Cordero Margot Myers when healthy OF.

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

I think Franchy's emergence gives Reyes more of a shot.  Margot has been downright horrible, but before Franchy there was nobody even remotely worth giving PT too.  Maybe they option Margot when Myers comes back to let him go down and work on things

• Like 1

2-4 with a BB.  No homer today.  Franny you are slacking!  

Most importantly, there is improved plate discipline.  Reading the article I mentioned above, it really does seem that he has concentrated more on his pitch selection and is making in-roads.

8 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I am asking mostly becouse I am selfish bastard who wants to pick him up in yahoo ASAP :D

But if he keeps this up for extended period they have to give him a look, dont they?

Aaron Judge lite?

Legitimate possibility of a first half promotion?  My Outfield, with Buxton and Fowler underachieving, is a massive work in progress.  Would love a chance to grab a breakthrough Outfield prospect.

18 minutes ago, Magnus88 said:

Legitimate possibility of a first half promotion?  My Outfield, with Buxton and Fowler underachieving, is a massive work in progress.  Would love a chance to grab a breakthrough Outfield prospect.

I just don't realistically see a place for him to play long term this year