BigPapi44

Franmil Reyes OF Padres

Cordero has some spreed right? Any chance they could shift him to CF and make room for Reyes in LF? Let Pirela take leadoff duty and 2B. 

3 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Cordero has some spreed right? Any chance they could shift him to CF and make room for Reyes in LF? Let Pirela take leadoff duty and 2B. 

Cordero has been doing on the job training in CF this season.   

When healthy Cordero, Margot, Myers.

2b is going to Urias in about a month. 

Margot has to pick it up though because Franchy might be able to handle CF and then you have both Reyes and Josh Naylor who could play LF. 

Pirela will have nowhere to play around June 2nd

Cordero and Hosmer are the only certainties in the Padre lineup right now

Myers will be in RF when back

other than that, every other position will be hot hand

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Pirela will have nowhere to play around June 2nd

Cordero and Hosmer are the only certainties in the Padre lineup right now

Myers will be in RF when back

other than that, every other position will be hot hand

I do think that Galvis and Urias (when he comes up) will be locked into the lineup as well. 

Padres best OF since being recalled is Jankowski, a guy everyone forgot about but has a 1st round pedigree and amazing Def

Travis Jankowski went 2-for-4 on Saturday in an extra-innings win over the Cardinals on Saturday.

Jankowski also walked twice, and it raises his on-base percentage to .455 since being recalled from El Paso at the end of April. He's also hitting .368 in that time frame, and he's showing the top of the order skills that made him a first-round pick a few seasons ago. At the very least, he's worth monitoring going forward. There could be something here.

I just see no chance for Reyes this year

Edited by Golden Spikes

Keith Law doesn't believe in this guy at all completely wrote him off in his chat gave the old canned oh he is in the PCL hitting in band boxes line.

Sometimes I think these guys just overuse lines like that it kind of bothers me in general. I just think that is lazy analysis. If you don't have pedigree prospects can written off so bad, but that is where there is room for profit if you are paying attention. I don't care where he is hitting. How he is hitting/seeing the ball is too good be a fluke. I mean the stats are probably a bit inflated, but even giving him a "PCL discount" the line is still super impressive. It's not like he has .400+ BABIP or anything.

Edited by Dirtywater97

^Talking heads who got there the off-field route have a lot more cred to lose from over-hyping the flavor of the month. Confirmation bias and default conservatism are Law's bread and butter. As much as I respect his opinion in spite of that, it's silly to let that dude orchestrate my fantasy. Passing on every flash-in-the-pan builds dynasty failure. All in on Franmil, Naylor, Alonso...

• Like 4

Law also didn't like Goldschmidt when he was breaking out and didn't like Freddie Freeman either.

Edited by Blood Brother
  • Like 3

It is worth noting that all 14 of Franmil's HRs have come in super hitter-friendly environments. He has homers at El Paso (home park), Reno, Las Vegas and Albuquerque. Those are high-elevation hitter's paradises.

But even then, you're talking about HR park factors of about 1.3, so even if you normalize his numbers you're still looking at 10-11 HRs on the season. I'd say what he's doing is comparable to what Christin Stewart is doing in a more neutral environment at Toledo. That's still pretty damn good, and Stewart is a highly-touted prospect and 2 years older at the same level.

Plus Reyes should get a bonus on the 25 HRs he hit last year in AA at San Antonio which is a HR-suppressing park.

Edited by SpartyOn4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m not understanding this as a padre fan unless they are sending down Margot I don’t see where he gets at bats right now

5 hours ago, Blood Brother said:

Law also didn't like Goldschmidt when he was breaking out and didn't like Freddie Freeman either.

KLaw jumped the shark when he started doing restaurant reviews.

4 minutes ago, rrrrich46 said:

I would love to add him but need him to start. Ugh. 

surprise, surprise; not even in yahoo!

been watching this topic for a couple of weeks.  positioned my teams to be ready for him.    was worried all week that he would get added.  luckily no one did.  i added him to both teams today as soon as my ESPN moves reset.   few hours later his contract gets purchased from AAA.  I think he will play and obviously stay if he hits.  i don't see Jankowski as a long term starter anywhere; good 4th OF.  I'm thinking Reyes will play until Myers gets back.  and they'll figure out what happens with Margo and Cordero then.

1 minute ago, Welcome To My House said:

Wow surprise for seems yahoo has players before ESPN.  

they tweeted he should be in over night update

Hope you guys jumped on the Reyes train!  Now let's hope the train doesn't get stuck at the station. :D