Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

37 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

That would be hilarious. Gausman is already horrible at Camden and has extreme long ball issues. His HR/9 is going to rise to 2 HR/9 if he gets traded to the Rockies. 

Yeah...I own GasCan, and if he were to be dealt to the Rockies, I would have to drop. I wouldn’t want to be around that beatdown every 5 days.

According to Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic, every team in major league baseball is interested in Zach Britton of the Orioles. Further, all teams in the KBO and in the Nippon Professional Baseball League have expressed interest. Even the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Independent Baseball League are said to be putting together a competitive package.

Could the Orioles be any more annoying at making these trades and using the media to leak information?

7 minutes ago, meh2 said:

According to Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic, every team in major league baseball is interested in Zach Britton of the Orioles. Further, all teams in the KBO and in the Nippon Professional Baseball League have expressed interest. Even the Sugar Land Skeeters of the Independent Baseball League are said to be putting together a competitive package.

Could the Orioles be any more annoying at making these trades and using the media to leak information?

ha is that even possible? or is this a joke going right over my head?

1 minute ago, colepenhagen said:

ha is that even possible? or is this a joke going right over my head?

It's a joke.  As Oriole trades approach completion all of a sudden there are 30 "reports" leaked of teams having interest in that player.  Happened with Machado, happening now with Britton.  Likely a pretty transparent tactic to drum up false competition and increase the price of a player.  

The good news is they're almost out of MLB caliber players at this point so we hopefully won't have to deal with this nonsense much longer!

10 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

It's a joke.  As Oriole trades approach completion all of a sudden there are 30 "reports" leaked of teams having interest in that player.  Happened with Machado, happening now with Britton.  Likely a pretty transparent tactic to drum up false competition and increase the price of a player.  

The good news is they're almost out of MLB caliber players at this point so we hopefully won't have to deal with this nonsense much longer!

Next move will be to accept a deal,  but then make up medical issues with a basic physical to drum up the price.  I hope they get stuck with him.  They really are an abysmally run org

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

Interesting:

Orioles: "Kevin, you've been traded...."

Gausman: "Yes!"

Orioles: "...to Colorado."

Gausman: "Noooo!"

1 hour ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Wow so they have a scout at the Rangers game and the Rangers game?! ?

11 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Go Yanks!!

Signed,

a Seranthony and Rondon owner 

16 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

this makes sense

you can shorten the game by adding britton and also get rid of shreve.  double win

and you block houston, boston and maybe cleveland or OAK from getting him.

Just now, jfazz23 said:

this makes sense

you can shorten the game by adding britton and also get rid of shreve.  double win

and you block houston, boston and maybe cleveland or OAK from getting him.

Definitely- With how the game is played today can't have enough high leverage arms. Its not a done deal yet but - I think this is an indication of the yanks preparing to play a one game do or die wildcard game. 

4 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

Definitely- With how the game is played today can't have enough high leverage arms. Its not a done deal yet but - I think this is an indication of the yanks preparing to play a one game do or die wildcard game. 

which means they might even be willing to pitch a tanaka/sabathia for 4 innings or something in a game like that

also means no chance of a degrom/noah or bumgarner.

maybe they still go after Happ or danny Duffy or something like that for insurance

10 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Seems like a pretty good haul for Baltimore. 

any link?

im hearing Tate which is not a huge loss....yanks 9th rated i believe

good trade

6 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

any link?

Jon Heyman of Fancred reports that the Orioles have agreed to trade Zach Britton to the Yankees.

Baltimore is getting pitching prospects Dillon Tate, Josh Rogers, and Cody Carroll, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Britton will move into a setup role in New York, which obviously does severe damage to his fantasy value, but this is a great addition for a Yankees bullpen that already ranks No. 1 among all major league teams in both combined ERA (2.75) and strikeouts. An official announcement from both the O's and Yankees should be coming soon.

Source: Jon Heyman on Twitter                                                               Jul 24 - 9:01 PM

All three of those guys would’ve had to be protected on the 40-man, which the Yanks don’t have room to do.  Good trade for both clubs.

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

All three of those guys would’ve had to be protected on the 40-man, which the Yanks don’t have room to do.  Good trade for both clubs.

thanks big bat

and i agree this is a great trade for yanks. big win

as didifan said it looks like they are admitting they cant get a top starter...im guessing they get a Happ or Duffy type pitcher for the back of the rotation.

edit: bigbat, boston shold really go after the texas closer kela and or maybe diekman too

Isn’t this kind of over kill to add Britton?? Where does Green even pitch now?? He had already been in s mop up duty type role for a good month plus. 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Isn’t this kind of over kill to add Britton?? Where does Green even pitch now?? Mop up duty ?? 

see above

it blocks boston and houston from getting him

and i think, as didifan said, the yanks are conceding they wont get a Degrom or MadBum type player. so they are just gonna try and get 4-5 innings from some starters and just bullpen teams to death

5 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

thanks big bat

and i agree this is a great trade for yanks. big win

as didifan said it looks like they are admitting they cant get a top starter...im guessing they get a Happ or Duffy type pitcher for the back of the rotation.

edit: bigbat, boston shold really go after the texas closer kela and or maybe diekman too

I'm sure Boston is going after anyone with an arm who is in anyone else's bullpen at this point.  Sox bullpen totally sucks outside of Kimbrel whose arm is about ready to fall off he has been so overused.  Fernando Rodney seems to interest them even.  And the Texas relievers are going to be in a bidding war now big time with not just the Sox interested in them.

I'm fine with adding Britton, but I think the Yankees overpaid here.  Still a ton of question marks surrounding Britton and Tate/Carroll are both good prospects. Rogers isn't a slouch, either. 

As someone who's very familiar with the Yankees farm system, I have to say I think the Orioles did very well in this deal. 

7 minutes ago, absknicks said:

I'm fine with adding Britton, but I think the Yankees overpaid here.  Still a ton of question marks surrounding Britton and Tate/Carroll are both good prospects. Rogers isn't a slouch, either. 

As someone who's very familiar with the Yankees farm system, I have to say I think the Orioles did very well in this deal. 

That trade helps the Yankees this year in the quest to reach the World Series , a Yankee fan knows this

11 minutes ago, absknicks said:

I don’t know about a “ton”: I feel sure both teams will closely scrutinize the medicals, so I’m not terribly concerned with a lingering injury that slipped under the radar.  Britton is one of those extremely rare talents who can succeed despite pinpoint command - and I’ve seen enough of him of late to attest that the movement on his sinker is back.

I do agree that is a great haul for the O’s - as I said above, it’s a win-win.

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

any link?

im hearing Tate which is not a huge loss....yanks 9th rated i believe

good trade

It's not a huge loss for NY but it's still a good haul for Baltimore. 

Yankees improve this year. Orioles get players who have a real chance contributing to the team in the near future. They probably won't be stars, but they can be assets nonetheless.