Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

4 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

I think Brewers will pony up for Archer here.  They need him the most. 

I wonder what the plan B's are for the teams who don't get him. 

Plan B IMO will be Gausman, Harvey, Fiers,... steep drop off.

I'm thinking Villar could be in the return package for a 2B for the Brewers, which could lead to fantasy viability if he gets a full time gig.

Just now, shakestreet said:

Why do you believe would the brewers want to bring in a second baseman 

It's been rumored for at least a month that they've been looking for one. I don't know how comfortable a team would be shoving a third baseman like Shaw into a brand new position down the stretch. And they seem to hate all their other middle infielders.

2 minutes ago, MireLurker said:

It's been rumored for at least a month that they've been looking for one. I don't know how comfortable a team would be shoving a third baseman like Shaw into a brand new position down the stretch. And they seem to hate all their other middle infielders.

It was just said today that if Shaw doesn't work out at 2nd they plan to put Moustakas there since he grew up playing SS (edit - the idea being he has better footwork). FWIW they were both taking ground balls and practicing the DP prior to yesterday's game at the Dodgers. 

Just now, MireLurker said:

Don’t believe rumors ... when the brewers traded for Moose, that rumor went out the window. Shaw plays second

1 minute ago, BostonCajun said:

It was just said today that if Shaw doesn't work out at 2nd they plan to put Moustakas there since he grew up playing SS. FWIW they were both taking ground balls and practicing the DP prior to yesterday's game at the Dodgers. 

Man that must have been like 70 pounds ago. Couldn't imagine Moose in the MI now. That'd be scary for everyone. 

Just now, DidiFan said:

Man that must have been like 70 pounds ago. Couldn't imagine Moose in the MI now. That'd be scary for everyone. 

I thought the same thing but I honestly was more impressed with his footwork and how he looked turning two than I did watching Shaw there.

A’s may be getting Fiers.  Loup to Phillies.

1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Crap, this cuts into Muncy's PT a bit.

Wtf who gets squeezed in la for pt? 

3 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Dozier to Dodgers? They got enough spots for everybody to play?

No sense 

7 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Sneaky good acquisition.