Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Brewers going to look like a beer league softball team with that infield :lol:

At this point the Brewers can just put Thames at catcher and fix the logjam. 

37 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Brewers going to look like a beer league softball team with that infield :lol:

They need to get Prince fielder back

Winners : Yankees JA Happ, Lance Lynn & Zach Britton (Luke Voit) 

Losers: Red Sox all that talk about needing bullpen help.

Loser

Red Sox as you said they need bullpen help, Orioles maybe based on the prospects they got in return but theyre just a dumpster fire in general

Winners

Rays Dodgers Yankees

Two trades that made me wonder why 

Jonathan Schoop to the Brewers 

Brian Dozier to the Dodgers 

Anybody else thought the same thing? 

12 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Two trades that made me wonder why 

Jonathan Schoop to the Brewers 

Brian Dozier to the Dodgers 

Anybody else thought the same thing? 

Nope. Both teams got better at those 2B and SS.

So where will J Turner play when he is supposedly back this weekend?

43 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

So where will J Turner play when he is supposedly back this weekend?

3rd base. 

1 hour ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Nope. Both teams got better at those 2B and SS.

If you say so

3 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Loser

Red Sox as you said they need bullpen help, Orioles maybe based on the prospects they got in return but theyre just a dumpster fire in general

Winners

Rays Dodgers Yankees

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Winners : Yankees JA Happ, Lance Lynn & Zach Britton (Luke Voit) 

Losers: Red Sox all that talk about needing bullpen help.

As a Sox fan I am definitely disappointed that they didn't bolster the pen some more. I was really hoping for a lefty. I expect them to see how things play out with Thornberg who recently came back but has been bad in his 8.2 IP so far. He does have excellent career numbers though. Barnes has been great this year for them and is a trusted arm but past him and maybe Kelly, who gets into trouble with walks, they don't have much to be excited about before Kimbrel. 

I expect them to get at least one reliever, in particular a lefty, at the end of the waiver deadline.

11 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

As a Sox fan I am definitely disappointed that they didn't bolster the pen some more. I was really hoping for a lefty. I expect them to see how things play out with Thornberg who recently came back but has been bad in his 8.2 IP so far. He does have excellent career numbers though. Barnes has been great this year for them and is a trusted arm but past him and maybe Kelly, who gets into trouble with walks, they don't have much to be excited about before Kimbrel. 

I expect them to get at least one reliever, in particular a lefty, at the end of the waiver deadline.

Oh they will pick up someone via waivers.  They were thinking either Pomeanz or Wright or Eovaldi would be their bullpen add.  Now with Sale down Eovaldi will stay in the rotation longer.  I'd rather he stayed period because I think Wright and Pomeranz would make better bullpen arms.

Other than bullpen I've loved the moves the Red Sox made.  Eovaldi is way better than the starting pitchers the Yankees got and Pearce is a perfect Hanley replacement and now they have defense up the middle with Kinsler who has also had a red hot bat for the last month or more.

8 minutes ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

How didn't they?

Well the way it looks and what I think will play out (at the moment ) the Brewers weaken there infield defense, they have two players playing out of position at two crucial positions. 2B/SS . Also add in the Brewers have two ground ball pitchers in Guerra & Chacin it just doesn’t add up as the right move. Maybe I could be wrong and injury might happen to one of the three players involved. moose, Schoop or Shaw then things might look bright. What was being said (read) the Brewers should have added a starting pitcher not a second baseman.

In LA ... they have Bellinger, Muncy, Manny, Turner, Kemp, Puig, Taylor, Pederson  & Hernandez ... that is 9 players for 7 positions adding Dozier feels overkill but hey maybe an injury occurs or Turner needs surger6 and is out for the year.. 

that is my thoughts 

21 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

The Red Sox bullpen is weak ... at this time (today) they have to many relief pitchers who can’t put the fire out. 

I sure wouldn’t want to count on Wright & Pomerania to put that fire out.. get that important out. 

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oh they will pick up someone via waivers.  They were thinking either Pomeanz or Wright or Eovaldi would be their bullpen add.  Now with Sale down Eovaldi will stay in the rotation longer.  I'd rather he stayed period because I think Wright and Pomeranz would make better bullpen arms.

Other than bullpen I've loved the moves the Red Sox made.  Eovaldi is way better than the starting pitchers the Yankees got and Pearce is a perfect Hanley replacement and now they have defense up the middle with Kinsler who has also had a red hot bat for the last month or more.

Oh I love the moves they did make but just wish they would have made one more to get another pen guy. I think Kinsler is a great move for defense in the middle and he's capable of providing something with the bat. He's a pull hitter in the most pull friendly park in the game. I also think Pearce was a good add earlier and has been filling in nicely. Eovaldi has some really good stuff and I like the movement on his fastball especially with how I anticipate the pitching coaches to encourage him to elevate it like they have done with the rest of the rotation. He is still capable of a blow up but he's also capable of a gem like we saw the other night. 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Well the way it looks and what I think will play out (at the moment ) the Brewers weaken there infield defense, they have two players playing out of position at two crucial positions. 2B/SS . Also add in the Brewers have two ground ball pitchers in Guerra & Chacin it just doesn’t add up as the right move. Maybe I could be wrong and injury might happen to one of the three players involved. moose, Schoop or Shaw then things might look bright. What was being said (read) the Brewers should have added a starting pitcher not a second baseman.

In LA ... they have Bellinger, Muncy, Manny, Turner, Kemp, Puig, Taylor, Pederson  & Hernandez ... that is 9 players for 7 positions adding Dozier feels overkill but hey maybe an injury occurs or Turner needs surger6 and is out for the year.. 

that is my thoughts 

Agreed on the mil analysis.  Defense matters.  Although to be fair they could be (and should be) looking at it as an opportunity to buy their long-term 2b in Schoop knowing next year Moose is gone and Shaw goes back to 3b.  I still believe in Arcia long-term.

LAD - they wanted Dozier as a potential lefty killer.  Plus Kemp is hitting the wall lately.   That group is easier to manage.

On 7/30/2018 at 7:40 PM, LoGo said:

Couple pages late, but at this point I'm hoping the Pirates just stay the course. They have a really nice nucleus, but no where near a WS contender in '18. Why sell off some of the future for the CHANCE at a WILD CARD game? 

More than happy to eat Crow here. Never in my wildest dreams did I think the Bucs could get Archer. 

It will be interesting to see who is put through waivers to make them available for trade, and who gets claimed to block and pulled back.  We should start hearing names leak of who has cleared soon.  Most teams bulk waive all the players they'd have interested in trading right after the trade deadline so they should start clearing tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

It will be interesting to see who is put through waivers to make them available for trade, and who gets claimed to block and pulled back.  We should start hearing names leak of who has cleared soon.  Most teams bulk waive all the players they'd have interested in trading right after the trade deadline so they should start clearing tomorrow. 

McCutchen is a name I would watch, particularly if the Giants slip further out of the playoff picture.  A little surprised they didn't move him at the non-waiver deadline.  

1 hour ago, RenegadeGM said:

A's acquire Mike Fiers from Tigers

Fiers is having a very good, solid year.  I am not a Billy Boy fan but I got to hand it to him on his pick-ups these last few days.  Fiers is an excellent get.  He has done amazingly well on a terrible Tiger team.  He should be even better in the spacious Oakland Coliseum.

12 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Fiers is having a very good, solid year.  I am not a Billy Boy fan but I got to hand it to him on his pick-ups these last few days.  Fiers is an excellent get.  He has done amazingly well on a terrible Tiger team.  He should be even better in the spacious Oakland Coliseum.

I’m having a hard time finding defensive metrics. Is this move good, bad or lateral for Fiers’s fantasy value? Obviously the park is an upgrade, but how do the A’s compare defensively (runs saved, errors, etc.) to Detroit?

CSB - Im in a 16-teamer and had to add Fiers due to McCullers/Wood losses and I want to see if I’ve struck bronze here.