SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Latest Machado rumors as of late night 6/14:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/latest-on-manny-machado-2.html

Highlights from the above:

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic tweets that the Dodgers remain in the mix for Machado, while the Brewers and Phillies continue to be in “consistent contact” with the Orioles. The Yankees, however, reportedly seem “less involved”.

Also:

Correspondingly, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports tweets that rival executives believe that the Dodgers will acquire Machado, though the wording of his tweet is somewhat confusing and leaves room for interpretation.

More details in the article including O's interest in various prospects.

Are the Orioles, like, doing due diligence on potential trade pieces/prospects here or are they just trying to squeeze every possible dime from their trade counterparts?

If it's the latter, when does a team pull the offer Shark-Tank style?? 

• Haha 1

Machado deal apparently at the 10 yard line

I hope they dont try to use Barry Sanders to pound it in

• Haha 2

Just now, Golden Spikes said:

Machado deal apparently at the 10 yard line

I hope they dont try to use Barry Sanders to pound it in

Barry can do anything. You mean Lamar Miller?

• Like 4

I want to say it's the Orioles so they will screw this up, but then I remember what they got for Erik Bedard...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I want to say it's the Orioles so they will screw this up, but then I remember what they got for Erik Bedard...

They got Adam Jones. And he was very good for a while.

17 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

They got Adam Jones. And he was very good for a while.

(That's his point)

• Like 6

Now the Braves and Sox have "interest" in the Moose.  There is no word how long Devers will be on the DL but it may be awhile so a Moose loose at Fenway would produce some nice stats in that line-up.  But Camargo is healthy and doing a decent job in Atlanta but then every contending clubs gets antsy this time of year to fine tune their club and show their players they care by making moves.

• Like 1

Seems like the Machado domino falls before Moose moves.

2 minutes ago, STLSU said:

Seems like the Machado domino falls before Moose moves.

Don't know about that.  Sox and Braves aren't in the Machado over pay for a rental sweepstakes.  Especially the Sox who can't afford him because the farm is bare and they would never give up someone like Devers for a mere rental.

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Don't know about that.  Sox and Braves aren't in the Machado over pay for a rental sweepstakes.  Especially the Sox who can't afford him because the farm is bare and they would never give up someone like Devers for a mere rental.

But there are teams in on Machado that are also in on Moose.

13 minutes ago, STLSU said:

But there are teams in on Machado that are also in on Moose.

Fair enough but that may be why the Braves and Sox are trying to make a move now. 

It would be fun to know the inside story of all of this which will be happening person-to-person between GM's at the All Star game.  Actually the one remaining important thing about the All Star game is that all the front offices can get together in person which is a major step up over phones or texts in the networking game.

• Like 1

Braves will get a few schlubby relievers and maybe a washed up starter.  Any of their dabbling with Machado, Moose, or anyone of significance is likely so that competing teams don't come away with a Kelvin Herrera type deal.  

Just now, Dark Kn19ht said:

Click bait?

Well...nothing to click. Could see this absolutely being true, but also have no idea how these clowns would have the scoop.

Machado to the Phils makes sense with Franco going to BAL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, B&F said:

Machado to the Phils makes sense with Franco going to BAL.

No, that won’t happen. It’ll be minor leaguers.

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

Us sixto Sanchez owners are freaking out right now 

Ugh them giving up Sixto would be so depressing as a Phillies fan.  I know pitching prospects are so hit or miss but still he looks like he's got as good a chance as any to do big things.

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Ugh them giving up Sixto would be so depressing as a Phillies fan.  I know pitching prospects are so hit or miss but still he looks like he's got as good a chance as any to do big things.

I heard Sixto was off the table and deal likely centered around Adonis Medina.

I think Franco would be in the offer. Medina, Franco, Ortiz, Gamboa would be my guess. 

2 minutes ago, cad300 said:

I think Franco would be in the offer. Medina, Franco, Ortiz, Gamboa would be my guess. 

1) I believe Machado is going there to play SS, not 3B. So I doubt it.

2) He’s Machado, but he’s still a 3 month rental. Don’t think he commands young MLB player PLUS prospects. That would be robbery if Orioles pull that off. Guessing it’s Medina plus a couple other prospects.

• Like 1

If Machado plays Short that leaves Kingery without a clear position.  Makes his contract foolish on the Phils part in hypothetical hindsight.

38 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Us sixto Sanchez owners are freaking out right now 

No way he goes.  The O's started earlier (last week) they were targeting Enyel de los Santos. Even they know they waited too long to get a top most prospect for a Manny rental.

Also this:

Jacob deGrom's agent Brodie Van Wagenen told Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic on Tuesday that he believes the Mets' "best course of action is to seriously consider trade opportunities now" for his client.

The full quote, via Rosenthal's Twitter account: "We have discussed Jacob’s future with the Mets at length," said Van Wagenen. "Jacob has expressed interest in exploring a long-term partnership that would keep him in a Mets uniform for years to come. If the Mets don’t share [the] same interest, we believe their best course of action is to seriously consider trade opportunities now. The inertia of [the] current situation could complicate Jacob’s relationship with the club and creates an atmosphere of indecision." The 30-year-old right-hander is currently under team control through 2020 via salary arbitration. He holds an MLB-leading 1.68 ERA with 149 strikeouts in 123 1/3 innings this season.

Source: Ken Rosenthal on Twitter                      Jul 16 - 3:03 PM

Step one of saving deGrom from a sinking ship.  Mets should actually listen too because it is good advice for them as well as hope for deGrom.