Dislimb

Mark Ingram 2018 Outlook

When you look at the other RBs available at Ingram’s price, I don’t even understand how it’s an argument. By the 5th round he is, hands down, the best player available at RB 

The Kamara fan club and short sighted (to put it nicely) individuals who can’t get past “oh my god I can only use him one time until week 7” are really suppressing his value - which is a good thing for smart people. 

He will be an excellent RB from weeks 7-16 ... in the 5th round. No brainer selection I will make every time I can.

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

When you look at the other RBs available at Ingram’s price, I don’t even understand how it’s an argument. By the 5th round he is, hands down, the best player available at RB 

The Kamara fan club and short sighted (to put it nicely) individuals who can’t get past “oh my god I can only use him one time until week 7” are really suppressing his value - which is a good thing for smart people. 

He will be an excellent RB from weeks 7-16 ... in the 5th round. No brainer selection I will make every time I can.

Not based on the track record of RBs suspended 4+ games. And for all the talk about how great Ingram is, this time a year ago his ADP was in the 6th round. Not like we're talking about a surefire top-6 RB when he returns, which is what he'll need to be to justify his current ADP. There are smart people on both sides of this argument. 

• Like 1

He needs to be a top 6 RB to return value? No, he doesn’t. Kamara does.

Considering the backs around Ingram are timeshare Drake, Lynch, Penny, K.Johnson ... Ingram is the easy choice

Or don’t take him, it doesn’t matter. I love how underrated Ingram is - in both reality and fantasy 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Right...may be CSB but I had Bell in a dynasty so I only had to spring for the $1 to get DeAngelo that season. Easy decision.

With Kamara/Ingram, it's a little stickier & harder to predict as Kamara will almost definitely take a top 8 pick to get & then you have to spend a middle rounder on Ingram & time it so you don't take him too early or wait too long & have him nabbed ahead of you. In auction formats, I think this kind of situation would be much less stressful as it's easier to judge when too much is too much for Kamara's handcuff.

The other obvious important factor that's diff from Bell/DeAngelo is Ingram will still get a fantasy-useful number of touches just about every week when off suspension whereas DeAngelo got MAYBE 3-5 carries a game once Bell returned.

Oh no doubt they're very different situations, I was mostly just responding to the idea that availability is key. Mostly available is workable.

3 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He needs to be a top 6 RB to return value? No, he doesn’t. Kamara does.

Considering the backs around Ingram are timeshare Drake, Lynch, Penny, K.Johnson ... Ingram is the easy choice

Or don’t take him, it doesn’t matter. I love how underrated Ingram is - in both reality and fantasy 

I'd much rather take L. Miller or Ajayi in round 5. Expecting Ingram to be welcomed back with open arms by Payton week 5 is extremely risky. As is expecting him continue his past production off of PEDs.

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I'd much rather take L. Miller or Ajayi in round 5. Expecting Ingram to be welcomed back with open arms by Payton week 5 is extremely risky. As is expecting him continue his past production off of PEDs.

I’d rather have them both too ... and apparently so does everyone else because their ADP is about 1 round higher 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I’d rather have them both too ... and apparently so does everyone else because their ADP is about 1 round higher 

Benefits to June/July drafting, when both were 5th rd ADP...

12 hours ago, Tenner said:

I still don’t know what pick I draft at. But it sure would be nice to get him early in the 5th round. He is a little over 800 rushing yards away from being the Saints all-time leading rusher. Payton is a stats guy...he will get there.

Also. Saints have a week 6 bye. Meaning, for the first 6 weeks....you only get to start him once. 

Reading the comments since this post. I can state the obvious. He is missing a ton of action...while still being very eager to draft him. 

6 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Dion Lewis is arguably better when factoring in the suspension. I also rather grab a top 5 TE like Olsen and Graham who will help my team the entire season.

22 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Dion Lewis is arguably better when factoring in the suspension. I also rather grab a top 5 TE like Olsen and Graham who will help my team the entire season.

This

2 hours ago, Evincar said:

I like Dion but I disagree with this. Ingram is going to give you first round value when he returns.  Second, every draft I've done so far tight ends seems to be going way too early in comparison to the talent still on the board. 

• Like 1

Just now, cyberwatty said:

I like Dion but I disagree with this. Ingram is going to give you first round value when he returns.  Second, every draft I've done so far tight ends seems to be going way too early in comparison to the talent still on the board. 

First round value = being a top-6 RB. Very doubtful Ingram without the PEDs and losing touches to Kamara (only one carry inside the 10 in NO's last 6 games) can reach that coming off the suspension.

Watching the dress rehearsal, it is obvious they are using Kamara and Ingram the exact same way. He will retain his value imo. The 1st 4 games are easy to survive in ppr, you can put a guy in for that time and survive.

46 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Though, kamara just got a a goal line carry inside the 5.

Just as he did the last six games of last year, when he got 6+ carries inside the 10 to Ingram's one. The writing is on the wall, folks.

• Haha 1

Ingram being out for 4 games sucks understandably, but it also comes with a few positives.

1. He will be very fresh come week 5.

2. If Kamara sustains a serious injury and is out for weeks, or worse, the season, then come week 5 you have a top 10, possibly top 5 RB.

3. This is the one I believe will happen more than people want to admit; Kamara will not be as good without Ingram there. Sean Payton will see this and will realize he needs to use Ingram heavily as he did last year to also boost Kamaras efficiency. 

Edited by datsyuk

39 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Just as he did the last six games of last year, when he got 6+ carries inside the 10 to Ingram's one. The writing is on the wall, folks.   -Kamara Owner

The redzone carries that carried over from last year are a bit worrisome but I don’t see Ingram going from a top 10 RB in 2017 to non existent in 2018. I’m sure there was a time last year when Ingram had 4-5 carries inside the 10 compared to Kamara’s 1. 

I really think they need each other. The saints ran the ball 28 times per game last year and I’m not sure I see AK carrying it 20 times per game this year.  He was mainly in the 10 carry range in 2017. 

We will know the answer when Ingram comes back and right now all we can do is speculate.  

Edited by Under500Forever
  • Like 1

I have no idea if he is falling in drafts. I never let him get by me late in the 4th. 

Pairing him him with a Top 4 back with a Peyton Barber/Carlos Hyde really seems to work. Allows to snag some good wrs in round 2-3. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I have no idea if he is falling in drafts. I never let him get by me late in the 4th. 

Pairing him him with a Top 4 back with a Peyton Barber/Carlos Hyde really seems to work. Allows to snag some good wrs in round 2-3. 

Im pick 4 in my 10 team league, and right now I'm thinking of going Zeke/DJ then three straight WRs, then grab Ingram in the 5th. After that, I get marshawn Lynch and then both Rex burkhead and Sony Michel since Michel has dropped way down in ADP. I try to get Peyton barber around pick 9. Hopefully his ADP doesn't sky rocket. But yeah, then my RBs are Zeke, Ingram, Lynch, burkhead, Michel, and Barber. And I didn't even mention that I can get Keenan Allen, Doug Baldwin, and Josh Gordon as my top 3 WRs.

Now that is a team I would be very happy with.

• Like 2

I'm pairing Ingram with Jamaal Williams of GB. That should be a great fill in for at least 2 weeks, also with the upside that Williams remains the lead back in GB. 

My leagues only have 5 bench spots. 6 weeks is not an insignificant amount of time to clog up a bench spot. I especially hate holding on to guys who “should be good” and then flop. Ingram had one of of not his best fantasy season last season last year and then got promptly popped for steroids. Coincidence? 6 weeks on the bench at round 5 is not an automatic trigger-pull for me. Especially since he’s splitting a backfield with a more talented coach-favorite stud and improved weapons in the passing game. If I could draft Ingram but I know I won’t feel good about it for half the season.

Ingram got caught with a diruritic. Completely legal if he filed the paperwork with a doctors note. But, Ingram never filed it before he was tested. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Ingram got caught with a diruritic. Completely legal if he filed the paperwork with a doctors note. But, Ingram never filed it before he was tested. 

Totally blows but I've read that diuretics are often used as a masking agent for PEDs so the league is zero tolerance.  Same goes in baseball.

34 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Right, because there was no medical reason for him taking it.