Sign in to follow this  
Phreedom32

Bellinger Or Albies

Depending on league people either value him as an elite player or on the level of Lindor or Dozier. In other words yes.

• Like 1

I'm not 100% sold that he is the next Lindor/Altuve. I need to see more until I would consider investing as much as I would into a guy like Bellinger.

The argument certainly can be made that he is of the level of Lindor/Altuve/Dozier, but I need to see him compete at this level through to the All Star Break. There have been countless of prospects to tear up the first 30-60 days of their MLB career and then either bottom out/level off. 

• Thanks 1

I just made this trade last nite, or close to it (My Albies, Familia, Strickland for his Bellinger, C Hernandez, Quintana), so I'm obviously leaning to the Bellinger side. But Albies is very good at a rough position, so I think it's fair either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a little concerned about Bellinger. Is it sophomore slump or is he another Joc Pederson? emphasis on a LITTLE worried. 

I think they in their primes are different players giving you different numbers but adp wise they will be peers. Albies isn't there yet until he proves its not a first half run with a second half fade. 

I think it is albies. I think stats suggest he got a little lucky with the power  and that this will regress some but still even if he is only a 20 HR guy going forward he still probably is going to be a 290+ hitter with some pop and really good speed. Could become a Daniel Murphy with speed which is super good.

Bellinger probably is a 35+ HR hitter going forward and he also offers some good obp and even a few steals but I think that his batting average will be more like 260 with his Ks and pull tendency limiting his babip. Now he actually improved his Ks to a good 22% this year but the contact peripherals don't support that improvement, his z-contact is even down 2 ticks, albeit he slight improved both his o swing and o contact. Still I don't see a 22% K rate sticking with a 75% z-con.

Still would want Bellinger.

If you own Ozzie? Keep him, then counter and move a sp for Hollywood 

Albies easily

Bellinger is a .250 hitter imo

A glorified Gallo

Long swing, swings with all his mite.

Strikes out too much.

I don't hate Cody, as he's a legit 30 hr guy.

But just watch Albies.

He has star written on him, because he can do it all, and like Acuna has moxee for a kid