nine9s

Calvin Ridley 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

6 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

When are we going to get the injury update on Calvin Ridley?

tomorrow hopefully, hope it isnt too serious, they play on monday next week so he’ll have an extra day of rest

4 hours ago, Tomy said:

Someone see his injury ? Looks serious ?

No. At one point it looked like he might come back into the game and was able to walk off himself. He is set for an MRI today which should clear things up. If I had to speculate I would say worst case scenario is he comes back after the bye week which would mean only missing one game. There wasn't much of a twist or anything.

Mohamed Sanu injury news

Sanu exited the Falcons-Bucs game after suffering a hip injury in the third quarter, per ESPN's Vaughn McClure. Sanu had been dealing with a hip injury in practice all week, and he appears to have re-aggravated that.

Given that Sanu has already been dealing with the hip injury, this is a bad sign that he aggravated it once again. The severity of the issue is currently unknown, but the Falcons will surely be watching Sanu closely ahead of the team's Monday night game against the Giants.

If Sanu has to miss time, the aforementioned Justin Hardy would have a chance to play even more than normal and would become the de facto No. 2 receiver across from Julio Jones. Russell Gage and Marvin Hall would also help to fill the void, but it's more likely that extra targets would go to TE Austin Hooper instead. Sanu's status bears watching, as his absence could have a big impact on the Falcons' offensive game plan in Week 7 -- especially if both he and Ridley are out.

Calvin Ridley has a minor bone bruise. Status for Week 7 uncertain.

Edited by FitzMagic

Looks like MRI on rookie Calvin Ridley's injured left ankle came back pretty clean. Believed to be just a bone bruise, according to source. We'll see how Ridley responds to rehab, with the Falcons playing the Giants next Monday night. Falcons have bye... https://es.pn/2OpwUMx 

#Falcons standout rookie WR Calvin Ridley, who left today’s game with an ankle injury, will have an MRI tomorrow, source said. But the fact that he was walking on it well is a good sign it’s not serious.

• Like 1

Great news, even if that means he sits through the bye week to fully heal, just misses 1 game.

Looked like he was on his way to a monster game yesterday too.

• Like 1

If Sanu is out, there's no way they're going to sit Ridley too.  Give him some of that purple drank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Calvin Ridley has a minor bone bruise. Status for Week 7 uncertain.

Pleas play...I own Matt Ryan....

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Bone bruise? isn't that was Devonta Freeman has? I was under the impression it's kind of serious.

yup it is....they say its minor though so it could take just a couple of weeks to heal

Great news.  If the Falcons were 5-1, I could see them resting Ridley through the bye week.  But they are actually 2-4 and fighting for their lives.  It seems extremely likely to me that Ridley plays if he is even anywhere close to 100%.

They play Monday night this week, sit him on the bench and hope he's healthy after the bye week.

Hard to start him. Time to cash out on Williams as I have TY out as well.

Sanu is showing a DNP today which Ridley was limited.  Something to watch for Monday.

If Sanu sits and Ridley plays, he's a must start. Falcons are 2-4 and will play him a full complement of snaps.

Edited by TonyRomo

32 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

If Sanu sits and Ridley plays, he's a must start. Falcons are 2-4 and will play him a full complement of snaps.

If you have any other options I wouldn’t call him a must start. Monday night game so it would be devastating if you roster him and then he doesn't play or re-injures himself.

Yeah, bring Monday night makes this a tough one.  I guess if you have room on your roster you could pick up Justin Hardy in case both Sanu and Ridley sit.

Full steam ahead. Fortune favors the bold. 

I read that in a fortune cookie once so it’s gotta be true!

• Like 1

Ridley (ankle) has been cleared for Monday's matchup with the Giants, Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com reports.
Spin: 
Ridley and Mohamed Sanu (hip) will both be available come Monday night, so Matt Ryan will have his full arsenal available. The rookie pass catcher was limited at Friday's practice, but it looks like the Falcons were just exercising caution with his participation. Barring any setbacks, look for him to resume his usual role on the offense.

I don't know - inclined to bench him regardless. The matchup's not great, and he's damaged goods. One well-placed hit to that bruise and he's out of the game.

If I didn't have to wait til Monday I'd fell better about rolling him, but if you have viable healthy options behind him this may be the time to fire them up.

1 hour ago, SuperJoint said:

I don't know - inclined to bench him regardless. The matchup's not great, and he's damaged goods. One well-placed hit to that bruise and he's out of the game.

If I didn't have to wait til Monday I'd fell better about rolling him, but if you have viable healthy options behind him this may be the time to fire them up.

Looks like i may have to use Goodwin instead.