Sign in to follow this  
ASHLANDARROWS1992

LOOKING TO ACQUIRE LINDOR

my team in sig....have a lindor owner in need of pitching bad, and he has offered me the following

my first reaction is that it is too much, but looking for thoughts

i get....LINDOR and KEUCHEL

i give up....BAUER, PAXTON, and BETANCES

START THE CAR

Betances has monster stuff, but his command has become shaky.

Paxton has obvi had a nice season thus far, but his health is always a concern.

Keuchal's fine=I'd prefer him to Bauer.

So Lindor(!) for an SP and a holds guy in an MI league? Can't type, drooling

turtle...this being a k/9 league i am giving up a huge chunk in that catagory with the 3 arms i am dealing and only getting keuchel back, i can add another high k middle man to help offset the loss of betances though.

There's no cornering of the middle relief market in any league format, right? You'll replace Betances in seconds even if you need a couple three tries to get the right FA.

I virtually guarantee that you can deal Lindor for the same P or better if I'm proven wrong in two weeks. 

Care to take a guess at Paxton's career max IP in a year? 

19 minutes ago, Johnny Tuttle said:

There's no cornering of the middle relief market in any league format, right? You'll replace Betances in seconds even if you need a couple three tries to get the right FA.

I virtually guarantee that you can deal Lindor for the same P or better if I'm proven wrong in two weeks. 

Care to take a guess at Paxton's career max IP in a year? 

i know all about the paxtons career issues with innings...just have a feeling this is his and bauers career years, hence my hesitation on accepting this..lol

my team in sig....have a lindor owner in need of pitching bad, and he has offered me the following

13 team roto league (6x6)....ops and k/9 ....4 outfield and 2 utility - (redraft)

c=     realmuto

1b =  votto

2b =  chris taylor

ss =  trea turner

3b =  asdrubel cabrera

mi =  lemahieu

ci =   jose abreu

of =  jd martinez, pham, braun, odubel herrera

ut =  mikail franco, cj cron

bench =  zack cozart, josh reddick

sp =  strasburg, paxton, bauer, quintana,  miles mikolas, , stroman,  tyler anderson, zach eflin

rp =   felipe vazquez, Herrera, strickland, rodney, betances, addison Reed 

thx db

13 team roto league (6x6)....ops and k/9 ....4 outfield and 2 utility - (redraft)

c=     realmuto

1b =  votto

2b =  chris taylor

ss =  trea turner

3b =  asdrubel cabrera

mi =  lemahieu

ci =   jose abreu

sp =  strasburg, paxton, bauer, quintana,  miles mikolas, , stroman,  tyler anderson, zach eflin

I don't think this is an easy decision.  In a vacuum I say it's an easy yes, but the way this league is constructed, It's going to create a hole with your pitching.  Where are you in the standings?   

If you do the trade, you basically upgrade from Taylor to Lindor.  You're left with Strasburg who has yet to take his yearly trip to the DL, Kuechel who has been good not great, Quintana who has been up and down, a surprising Mikolas, Stroman who will be on the DL at any moment, and scraps.  Can you win the league with that?  May be tough.  

1 minute ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I don't think this is an easy decision.  In a vacuum I say it's an easy yes, but the way this league is constructed, It's going to create a hole with your pitching.  Where are you in the standings?   

If you do the trade, you basically upgrade from Taylor to Lindor.  You're left with Strasburg who has yet to take his yearly trip to the DL, Kuechel who has been good not great, Quintana who has been up and down, a surprising Mikolas, Stroman who will be on the DL at any moment, and scraps.  Can you win the league with that?  May be tough.  

currently in 1st place with 133 total points, 2nd place is at 116

BUT we are only a little over 20% of the way thru the season, so a LOOONGGGGGG way to go...lol

I don't know if you need any drastic changes.  This is a pretty drastic change.  I've never been much of a Paxton guy, but if I was faced with this decision I would probably do it and then try to upgrade pitching.  The k/9 Bauer & Paxton have provided also come with good era and whip.  

I would make this trade - btw, Betances looked better last night than I have seen him look in a while, despite the HR. 

5 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I don't know if you need any drastic changes.  This is a pretty drastic change.  I've never been much of a Paxton guy, but if I was faced with this decision I would probably do it and then try to upgrade pitching.  The k/9 Bauer & Paxton have provided also come with good era and whip.  

my offense is at or near the top in all 6 catagories, but like i said, we have a long way to go this season - hard to pass on a stud bat like lindor though..lol

and yes, bauer and paxton bring alot to the table for sure across the board

Just now, BMcP said:

I would make this trade - btw, Betances looked better last night than I have seen him look in a while, despite the HR. 

he was more of a throw in (k/9) are very nice from him of course, and i can replace him with the open roster spot with a kirby yates type if i choose (he is on our wire currently)

Def move Paxton, Betances, Bauer for Lindor & go after two other sticks. 

Edited by Rush2112

Unfortunately can’t see your roster, but seeing some of the above posts I think I’d make this deal.  I would have to agree with Dirty that you can replace K/9 numbers, but Lindor gives you a tool set you can’t easily pick up.  And he is heating up nicely.

help here?  http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/702358-baezcorbin-for-caincastroarrietacueto-whir/

Just now, ToO_BaD said:

Unfortunately can’t see your roster, but seeing some of the above posts I think I’d make this deal.  I would have to agree with Dirty that you can replace K/9 numbers, but Lindor gives you a tool set you can’t easily pick up.  And he is heating up nicely.

help here?  http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/702358-baezcorbin-for-caincastroarrietacueto-whir/

my current starters are....strasburg, bauer, paxton, quintana, miles mikolas, stroman, tyler anderson and zack eflin

keuchel would help offset losing my #2&3 starters

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

my current starters are....strasburg, bauer, paxton, quintana, miles mikolas, stroman, tyler anderson and zack eflin

keuchel would help offset losing my #2&3 starters

Yeah just gotta hope Stras stays relatively healthy.  

Yes, Pax and DK are similar tier type P, so in a lot of ways its Bauer and Betances for Lindor?  Yep....do that one

2 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

I like it. you get the best player in Lindor. I like Keuchel with the Astros more than Paxton. you also still have Strasberg so you're not losing much in pitching.

Without question. Lindor is a stud breaking out big time on top of last years great numbers. Hit accept already.

3 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

turtle...this being a k/9 league i am giving up a huge chunk in that catagory with the 3 arms i am dealing and only getting keuchel back, i can add another high k middle man to help offset the loss of betances though.

Sorry on mobile and not familiar w this format. I agree with Turtle and as you said,  if you can add an arm to offset the lose of k’s, I say go for a premium guy like Lindor. Unless the upgrade to Lindor is not greater than the loss of arms? Sorry, on mobile today. But I say do it. 

3 minutes ago, JonathanGunz12 said:

Sorry on mobile and not familiar w this format. I agree with Turtle and as you said,  if you can add an arm to offset the lose of k’s, I say go for a premium guy like Lindor. Unless the upgrade to Lindor is not greater than the loss of arms? Sorry, on mobile today. But I say do it. 

c=     realmuto

1b =  votto

2b =  chris taylor

ss =  trea turner

3b =  asdrubel cabrera

mi =  lemahieu

ci =   jose abreu