Sign in to follow this  
tywalson

Offloading Goldy in a Dynasty

H2H 5x5 12 team

Give: Goldy and Derek Fisher

Get: Rendon, Buxton, Dahl

I feel like now is a good time to sell Goldy before people get really scared off by him. I think Rendon will put up similar AVG/R/HR/RBI to him for the next couple of years and is 3 years younger. Then love the upside of Buxton and Dahl and their speed. Am I panicking? Is this a good enough return?

I would definitely shoot a lot higher. Buxton so far has been a bust, Dahl is too unproven. Rendon is good but you should be shooting harder.

5 hours ago, tywalson said:

H2H 5x5 12 team

I feel like now is a good time to sell Goldy before people get really scared off by him. I think Rendon will put up similar AVG/R/HR/RBI to him for the next couple of years and is 3 years younger. Then love the upside of Buxton and Dahl and their speed. Am I panicking? Is this a good enough return?

Selling too low IMO..

* Better player than Rendon at 3B?

* If Buxton were fulfulling pre-season hopes

* If Dahl had a little bit more thus far

Its like I could see Dahl and Bux flaming out and you left making a Rendon for Goldy and Fisher deal?  

7 hours ago, tywalson said:

H2H 5x5 12 team

I feel like now is a good time to sell Goldy before people get really scared off by him. I think Rendon will put up similar AVG/R/HR/RBI to him for the next couple of years and is 3 years younger.

Rendon has only hit 22 hrs, driven in 90 runs once.

Similiar numbers to Goldy?

21 minutes ago, HOOTIE said:

Rendon has only hit 22 hrs, driven in 90 runs once.

Similiar numbers to Goldy?

Well, I'm thinking Rendon hits .290 with 22-25hr and approx 90 R/RBI. At this point, it doesn't seem that Goldy would clear those numbers by much unless he turns it around ASAP. I still think Goldy will have more HR/R/RBI/SB than Rendon of course, which is why I'm getting Bux in the deal as well.

Definitely not sell him now in a dynasty as you would sell low. Wait for him to bounce back and then sell him if you are scared. Now he could start to decline but at age 30 I don't think he is in free fall yet. Now things like that have happened but I think you need to take your chance here and wait.

I would need more back for Goldy, but the problem is you are selling low on him right-now so you can't expect to get much. Maybe Goldy has hit a wall and will start regressing this year. If that's the case this could be a great deal for you if Buxton fulfills his promise. As a Twins fan I am not hopefull Buxton will ever fulfill that promise.