Carlos Correa

Juan Soto 2018 Outlook

Just now, mthdmn said:

Must add?

Yeah. He's been having a season somewhat similar to Vlad Jr's to date. Granted most of it was at High A but he has a heck of a bat and good plate patience.

This is still really shocking. He got to AA a week ago and they are having him skip AAA entirely. 

Stats for this year though, .362 avg, 14 bombs, 52 RBI, 29 walks 28 Ks, 1.218 OPS.

1*MIcK6DRrlt3mE4J8NPmvLw.jpeg

Glad he got those 8 games in AA to prove he's ready. This just seems a bit odd. But here we are...

• Like 2

Must add and definitely could defy the odds here, but smart money says grab and dangle before he plays and see if someone will overpay on the hype. History of 19 year olds succeeding in their first run in the bigs is poor. Yes, a few like Harper have put up .800+ OPS seasons, but the vast majority that have gone on to become stars or super stars didn't produce like fantasy regulars right away.

If you could turn Soto into or combine him with another asset to get to a better asset.... I would.

• Like 2

This is far more surprising to me than a Vlad call up would have been.  He has shot up to #2 on some of the more recent prospect boards though.  Grab now, ask later, but it's a huge jump.  Still in shock really.

Edited by Baur10

10 minutes ago, mthdmn said:

Must add?

Yeah must add in almost all leagues. Some people think the difference between him and vlad is small if at all, I disagree for now but think he's a tremendous talent. He might also he able to steal a few bags... Something vlad won't.

Also unlike Vlad, he's in the majors.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jericho said:

1*MIcK6DRrlt3mE4J8NPmvLw.jpeg

Glad he got those 8 games in AA to prove he's ready. This just seems a bit odd. But here we are...

I was just gonna post that gif lol. This is crazy 8 games in AA. Have to figure Nats facing stiff competition from Braves and Phils and Taylor being really bad facilitated the move.

3 minutes ago, oswald737 said:

Must add and definitely could defy the odds here, but smart money says grab and dangle before he plays and see if someone will overpay on the hype. History of 19 year olds succeeding in their first run in the bigs is poor. Yes, a few like Harper have put up .800+ OPS seasons, but the vast majority that have gone on to become stars or super stars didn't produce like fantasy regulars right away.

If you could turn Soto into or combine him with another asset to get to a better asset.... I would.

I'm in a keep 6 league and I picked up Soto pretty recently because prospects who won't start the year in the majors the following year are tough to keep.  I've already been offered Glyber and a piece for him. Probably just going to do it.

Real chance he struggles or gets sent down in a few. But his long term upside is pretty damn high.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1

:o:o:o

Edited by mcbane

It took me a good minute of sitting here still in shock to even type this out.  It's been an absolute disaster of a season to try to enjoy as a whole no matter how good your team is doing, but then something like this happens.  Even if he comes up tomorrow and goes 0-4 with 4 K's, 4 SBs, and 3 Runs (yes, he laughs in the face of the opposing team trying to get him out), it will be something exciting and a treat to watch.  Plus, he goes up against San Diego pitching after Sunday, so he could go through that series 2-10 with 8 K's, 2 BBs, 2 HR's, 8 RBI's, 8 Runs, and 10 SBs, and a Save.  Too bad we will never get credit for his historic Save on the day they rest Doolittle and they "double switch" him and Ryan Madson in the 9th....

Seriously though, I was being honest about everything except for the stats (that Save would be something though).  This is shocking, and something exciting in a season that has been largely infuriating where several computer mice were probably lost in "battle".  And to think I picked him up a week or so ago just to stash him as a potential keeper even if he never played a game this season.

Edited by KilloWertz

Just to add to my post...  I honestly thought it was a glitch at first when I pulled up my Player Updates page on Yahoo...

11 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

It took me a good minute of sitting here still in shock to even type this out.  It's been an absolute disaster of a season to try to enjoy as a whole no matter how good your team is doing, but then something like this happens.  Even if he comes up tomorrow and goes 0-4 with 4 K's, 4 SBs, and 3 Runs (yes, he laughs in the face of the opposing team trying to get him out), it will be something exciting and a treat to watch.  Plus, he goes up against San Diego pitching after Sunday, so he could go through that series 2-10 with 8 K's, 2 BBs, 2 HR's, 8 RBI's, 8 Runs, and 10 SBs, and a Save.  Too bad we will never get credit for his historic Save on the day they rest Doolittle and they "double switch" him and Ryan Madson in the 9th....

wat

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

And against a nasty Lefty in Alex Wood...Nats dgaf 

6 minutes ago, cs3 said:

wat

Sigh....

The stats were a joke.  I'm sure you know how people on here think some of these players are basically gods, so I was just having a little fun in regards to Soto being so good that he will do a bunch of impossible things in his first few games.