thecomebackkid907

Nathan Eovaldi 2018 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Why only 79 pitches?

Rays trying to trade him.  7 near perfect innings is a nice ending point with all the scouts on hand.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He’s added (well throwing it a lot more) a cutter this year.  Instead of his while elite velocity 4 seam that’s straight an arrow, he’s throwing a 92-93 cutter that’s had great success.  I’ve seen nothing that suggests he’ll go back to the oh no Nathan we knew before this year.

• Like 3

Ugly 1st inning vs. MIN tonight. 4 ER. Ugh...

Just now, k.k. said:

Ugly 1st inning vs. MIN tonight. 4 ER. Ugh...

I wondered when this run of his would end. I'm kind of worried about what happens next.

Is it just me or do some pitchers that are rumored to be on the trading block start pitching like this around this time of year? Lol 

In all reality, I guess this isn't too different from what he's done in the past. 

I guess he’s still Nathan. Velocity for the sake of velocity. He’ll always have a job though in the major leagues as long as he’s throwing hard his life is pretty good.

1 hour ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

In all reality, I guess this isn't too different from what he's done in the past. 

My thoughts exactly, different year, same Nate.

Good stuff but the batting practice blowups are too frequent.

On 7/8/2018 at 3:32 PM, Cmilne23 said:

I’ve seen nothing that suggests he’ll go back to the oh no Nathan we knew before this year.

How about now? 

:unsure:

6 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

How about now? 

:unsure:

Opinion doesn’t change.  Command was off.  He had pretty much spotless command the entire time since coming off the DL.  Whip still at 0.98 despite a horrid blasting.  One clunker doesn’t move the goal posts much for me.

12 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Opinion doesn’t change.  Command was off.  He had pretty much spotless command the entire time since coming off the DL.  Whip still at 0.98 despite a horrid blasting.  One clunker doesn’t move the goal posts much for me.

what I remember Nathan always had good command /// he just too unpredictable he just gives up too many hits. 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

what I remember Nathan always had good command /// he just too unpredictable he just gives up too many hits. 

His arsenal has changed up.  He does become predictable when behind in count because his 4 seam still doesn’t move at all.  But he’s added a cutter in, to go along with his slider and split.  Walk rate at a minuscule 1.41 BB per 9.  Unless we see that spike I don’t see yesterday becoming a norm.

• Like 1

Should he be getting more attention? Owned in only 31% of ESPN leagues. If you take away his 2.2 ip, 8 er slaughter vs MIN he's got a 3.15 era

• Like 1

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

Should he be getting more attention? Owned in only 31% of ESPN leagues. If you take away his 2.2 ip, 8 er slaughter vs MIN he's got a 3.15 era

He's probably a top 50 arm which is rosterable as an SP5-7 in most formats.  I'm personally hanging on & hoping he gets dealt into a better situation.

Edited by ragrag

Million dollar question - will he start?

Otherwise I have another one for the free agent heap...

Just now, MireLurker said:

Million dollar question - will he start?

Otherwise I have another one for the free agent heap...

Yes.

I take venmo or cash app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1