Sign in to follow this  
Kmcallister87

trade question 100% whir

So my offense is currently this:

zunino, rizzo, dozier, mochado, franco, trout, polanco, haninger, healey, olson with marte, soto and chris taylor on the bench.  no real need to go into pitching.  standard 5 category offense head to head.

My question is this:  I have an offer of goldschmidt and moustakas on the table for mochado.  I already have 2 struggling potential star players in dozier and rizzo, do i reallyw ant to take the chance on a third in goldy?  Could be a season changer either way if i make the deal as it could sink me or float me to the top.  

leave a link 

I think you have a solid offense. I do think Goldschmidt will turn it around, Dozier is doing what he always does starting off a little slow in the first half, and Rizzo will be fine. Machado on the other hand is en fuego and has probably carried your offense with Trout up to this point. I would sit tight for now and hold on to Machado, especially considering he could be dished to a better lineup.

I'd stand pat if you're doing pretty well in the standings.  If you're not 1st or 2nd, and it's a redraft league, then I might see this as a gamble worth taking. 

I say keep Machado, Rizzo's line will even out, he's a consistency machine. If you're not going to be successful this year in a 5x5, it'd probably be on the pitching end (w/o knowing what you have). Knowing if this is a redraft or keeper is an added factor as well. 

5 minutes ago, FinalProphet said:

I say keep Machado, Rizzo's line will even out, he's a consistency machine. If you're not going to be successful this year in a 5x5, it'd probably be on the pitching end (w/o knowing what you have). Knowing if this is a redraft or keeper is an added factor as well. 

thats a fair point, since it was mainly an offense question i figured i would omit, but lets put the whole team out there.  its 10 team 5x5 redraft.  i currently sit 3rd, been bouncing back and forth with 2. 

thats a fair point, since it was mainly an offense question i figured i would omit, but lets put the whole team out there.  its 10 team 5x5 redraft.  i currently sit 3rd, been bouncing back and forth with 2. 

pitching is... well i have alot

sp: severino, lester, price, junis, manea, bauer, porcello, roark, fernando romero

rp: vazquez, boxberger, treinen, rodney

dl: ryu and britton 

na: osuna

i think i am pretty set with pitching and in fact am going to be trying to package price and one of my other SP not named lester and severino together to get another guy around ace level if possible to a team that needs SP help.  

Thanks for the help on mine. I stay with Machado for sure. I also dont see why you are against trading Lester. I wouldnt consider him in the top 20 SP at this point in his career. If another owner shows interest in him I think you should at least listen.

4 minutes ago, ScrappyDawg said:

Thanks for the help on mine. I stay with Machado for sure. I also dont see why you are against trading Lester. I wouldnt consider him in the top 20 SP at this point in his career. If another owner shows interest in him I think you should at least listen.

oh i would always listen to any deal for the right pieces.  i like lester alot this year TBH, maybe just a biased opinion.  9 starts, 7 of them under 2 runs (in fact 6 of 1 or less).  he is quietly having a solid and reliable year, which is what i kind of like to get out of my pitchers (vs say someone like teheran who might give me 10 k over 8 shut out innings one game then 7 ER in 1.2 the next).  i am a sucker for an old faithful type guy and lester is filling that role to date this year.  but like i said, anyone can be had for the right price.  

You gotta hold onto Machado. It isn't bad value in return, but he's the best player and that 3B/SS eligibility is clutch too.

Thanks for mine.

As for your Machado for Goldy/Moose, I'd definitely hold. I do think, hope, that Goldy turns it around but Machado is a beast right now. Just imagine what he'll do once/if he lands on a real contender. Too much value in Machado to deal him here.

I agree with most of the others, if your team isn’t struggling I would hold machado. And really if you’re gonna trade machado I think you should be able to get more than a trade built around one of the biggest busts of the year so far.

I actually would do it. Prior to this season everyone would say: “take the deal and run”. Are we really going to say that Goldy went from a top 5 player to a top 50 one or so because of 2 months?! Is Machado going to keep this up ALL season? Moustakas is pretty good this year too. I would do it.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/702983-improve-my-lineup-whir/