Sign in to follow this  
doomsday3141

Enough to sell my Mookie?

10 team 5x5 head to head redraft.

I'm currently sitting in first but it's way too early for that. Just wanted a point of reference for my current rotation's production to date.

My roster is as follows

C-G Sanchez

1-J Abreu

2-S Gennett

3-T Shaw

SS-A Simmons

OF-M Betts

OF-C Blackmon

OF-M Haniger

U-A Rizzo

Bench bats: E Suarez, J Lowrie, G Bird, M Carpenter

SP-A Wood

SP-L Castillo

SP-J Berrios

SP-W Buehler

SP-M Clevinger

RP-B Hand

RP-B Treinen

Bench arms: S Manaea, CC Sabathia, DL J Cueto

So the offer is my Mookie Betts for Kris Bryant with 3rd/OF eligibility and Noah Syndergaard.

I'd love to acquire both pieces but it's damn hard to move a guy going ape**** like Mookie is. Anyone have an opinion here? Thanks in advance and WHIR this afternoon.

i havent always been the biggest mookie fan in the world, that being said any trade coming your way better involve two guys who will solidly finish within the top 20, if not the top 10 because he has just been too good to trade.  i say just ride and die with him

It's not bad but I honestly think you could get more. Mookie has been so good, he's basically 2x Kris Bryant's value so far. 

I could see moving him if it were Kris Bryant and a sure fire ace like Cole, Scherzer, Verlander.  But I don't think Syndergaard is so good that I'd let go of the MVP.  Mookie is locked in.

If this were a deeper league, I could get behind it.  But there should be plenty of SP pickups that you can effectively stream playing matchups in a 10 team league.  Same for your 3rd base production.

I'd want a knock your sox off, no doubter of an offer to move Mookie.

Yeah it is a really good offer. Thor has underperformed so far too so you are kinda getting a discount. I'm kinda changing my mind on this one because mookie is due to regress a bit. But what if he doesn't :ph34r:

If I was shopping mookie though, I'd make sure the entire league knew. I wouldn't be doing a deal with exclusively one person.  He's the most valuable piece right now.  I guess you potentially risk the bryant offer falling through by taking a little time to shop him, but that's just my 2 cents. Bryant and Syndergaard have not played anywhere near their draft prices. That's my only hesitation.  I like to ride the trend rather than try to time the market. Though bryant has been on fire the past two weeks so maybe NOW is the time.

Very tough call for me. As a Mookie owner myself, if that offer were on the table, I might just click accept as well. But my pitching isn't as strong as yours.

Edited by Trifecta

For the ROS, I would expect both Betts and Bryant to have similar stats except that Mookie will get a ton more SB. Mookie could perform better in the other stat categories as well, but I doubt it would be significant. So I think it's probably worth making the move to pickup someone like Syndergaard. Definitely a tough call where he's easily the best player in the league right now, but I'd take my chance on him not hitting above .350 the rest of the way.

Also as a side note, do you really think you need 4 bench bats? I think if I were you I'd go with 2 bench bats to pick up 2 more arms. I think the extra wins and Ks are worth more than the small impact they could have on ERA and WHIP, especially where your arms aren't necessarily elite anyway. And the bench bats your losing would likely only play once or twice a week anyway.

48 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

For the ROS, I would expect both Betts and Bryant to have similar stats except that Mookie will get a ton more SB. Mookie could perform better in the other stat categories as well, but I doubt it would be significant. So I think it's probably worth making the move to pickup someone like Syndergaard. Definitely a tough call where he's easily the best player in the league right now, but I'd take my chance on him not hitting above .350 the rest of the way.

Also as a side note, do you really think you need 4 bench bats? I think if I were you I'd go with 2 bench bats to pick up 2 more arms. I think the extra wins and Ks are worth more than the small impact they could have on ERA and WHIP, especially where your arms aren't necessarily elite anyway. And the bench bats your losing would likely only play once or twice a week anyway.

Sorry I left out that this is actually a weekly setup. Unfortunately I can't effectively adopt a streaming philosophy here. Ideally I would absolutely roll out as many extra SP starts as I could.

Thanks for your help. I'm really close to pushing that accept button.